Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mike wallace to run in election in wexford

Options
  • 05-02-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

i will vote for him :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Do you reckon he stands a chance? I don't know the scene in Wexford at all. Who do you see getting back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

236059719.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296866125&Signature=ZwiLKQvOXtz0u9DLLodOcmP61sY%3D

He hung that when building little Italy. Missed VB tonight, anyone know what platform he's running on?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

he will get in I am sure, he has been good for sports over the years here in wex... people want a new face..... he is not a shy man

I was working with him back in 97/98 and he was a great guy. Haven't seen him since, and after I see what he stands for, I may tell my wexford friends to support him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Teddy455

irish147 wrote: »
    i will vote for him :)

Thats good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I don't know what to make of him, I think he has the right idea but he can't exactly articulate it? He certainly isn't polished as other politicians are, he calls it as he sees it.

At any rate his history with wexford youth should assure him quite a number of votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Isn't he bankrupt? At least insolvent anyway. Not sure you can sit as a TD if you are.He seems like an ok chap but he was/is part of the problem in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Has he given up the nest in the San Siro:)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Very well respected in League of Ireland circles but I wouldn't vote for him. Definitely a nice, genuine bloke though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

He was pathetic on Vincent Brown tonight.

He was asked why he wanted to run, what he would do. His reply was the same old populist drivel. He spluttered on incoherently. Totally ignorant about the topics in question. When asked about something he was passionate about (posters he put up), he could not explain himself. The others on the panel let him talk for a couple of minutes and he hung himself.

If by some miracle he gets elected my prediction is that he will pull a hissy fit like George Lee and resign half-way through his term.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Have to say he's a guy I always admired and hope he gets elected!

Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

Whereas I have great respect for what he achieved with Wexford Youths is the more unpalatable truth that he is an over reaching developer who is more likely to be part of the cause of our economic demise rather than the cure for same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

In Wexford, you either think Mick is a true breath of fresh air who'll take no rubbish or you think he is as mad as a bag of spanners. One thing that is not in doubt is that he always means what he says, passionately. Personally, I'll vote for him providing it it doesn't conflict with the outcome I am looking for in the constituency

I admire him for ploughing his money in to developing Ferrycarrig Park as possibly the finest facility for young footballers in the Country, knowing that it would never make him a profit. At the time, he (along with every other developer) thought that it was genuine business profit he was spending. We now know it wasn't but that should not take away from his intent at the time to see through what he constantly refers to as a community project.

Personally, I think he can be a difficult man to go with anyone else's opinion other than his own, but he will tell you that himself. Perhaps we need more elected people who don't necessarily look the part but who are clear in their vision and follow it through

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

An absolute gent and not afraid to speak his mind, will be getting my number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

I saw Mick Wallace on VB last night, and while he seems a decent enough sort of dude I really dont think he is a good enough candidate for election. I would imagine he maybe has a future fighting for the rights of developers and the self employed who were ruined as a result of the down turn but as a serious politician his performance was scatty and lacking in actual content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

a good man, a man of great integrity,

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

i dont beleive he is in financial trouble

i dont think he got involved too heavily in the speculative end of the market

if im wrong please correct me

on personal note he may be the breath of fresh air we need in politics, i dont know his area but if he takes out an existing political dynasty all the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

etcetc wrote: »
    i dont beleive he is in financial trouble

i dont think he got involved too heavily in the speculative end of the market

if im wrong please correct me

on personal note he may be the breath of fresh air we need in politics, i dont know his area but if he takes out an existing political dynasty all the better
    Mick has candidly admitted that he owes approx €40m, mostly to overseas banks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Harpur79

I thought Mick came across very well last night on VB, yeah he wasnt polished but im sick of polished politicians and their answers of infinite torc....
    He could have wore a suit and removed the earring but that isnt him, atleast he has the self confidence to be himself.
    He is well educated (qualified teacher, so he understands the public sector), grew a national business along with being a restaurateur, shop owner, is interested in developing the potential of youth, philanthropically built a sports stadium this country can be proud of out of his own money(unlike bertie's plans for tax payers money) so if he owes money at least double digits of millions of it has gone in the interest of this country. He stands up for what he believes in. Id like to see any other politician measure up to him.
    He gets my no. 1 fo shizzle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

The lack of polish will probably appeal to a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Isn't he bankrupt? At least insolvent anyway. Not sure you can sit as a TD if you are.He seems like an ok chap but he was/is part of the problem in this country.

sure you can be taoiseach without declaring a tax clearance certificate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

MrMatisse wrote: »
    The lack of polish will probably appeal to a lot of people

Well I certainly hope that's not the only reason people will vote for him.

Let's see, possibly insolvent, very late runner, very lacking in substance when answering questions on VB last night, not really interested in others opinions, probably a very nice chap but not TD material - in my opinion, but good luck to him all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sanneijc

Hi there,

Here's a page full of links with articles on Mick Wallace. The Vincent Brown link is in there. This is a community page in support of Mick, we need this man in Wexford! :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elect-Mick-Wallace-Support-Campaign/193282990699742?v=wall
    Papa Smut wrote: »
    236059719.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296866125&Signature=ZwiLKQvOXtz0u9DLLodOcmP61sY%3D

He hung that when building little Italy. Missed VB tonight, anyone know what platform he's running on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 solutionsolver

Hope he gets elected!
    It will be very interesting to see the end result of this election.
    The permutaions are incredible
    Mine? It'll be Labour SF Unified Left and united Independents
    Alternatively FG and unified Independents, I believe there will be a LOT of them. I can see Shane Ross (who will be elected) rounding them up and coming in under a banner promoting David Mc Williams policies.

You saw it first here LOL.......you gotta love this distraction as a change from debating over football or hurling

Come on Mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Will certainly vote for Mick,very decent and honest guy.This man has intergrity,something that our sitting T.D's do not have. funny previous poster made about him not being polished!! Bertie Ahern was Polished....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Topping the poll and looks like exceeding the quota on first preference votes - impressive, glad at least the people of Wexford are looking outside the people that have been sitting on the opposition benches doing nothing but bitching for 14 years.........might be an interesting day after all

Advertisement