Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If you voted for SF, I ask you why ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

To be honest I find your constant sniping about my lack of entitlement to call myself Irish is offensive. Just because I don't support the shinners doesn't invalidate my nationality.

90% of Ireland rejected Sinn Fein - does that make them English as well?

where exactly did i say you were not entitled to be Irish ? your bit confused brigadier in many ways i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Because FG isn't going to be more of the same. It's going to be worse. And all you'll hear is: 'Well, this is what FF left us.'

People will be kicking themselves for voting FG in a year's time.

Because I don't want to be robbed by a bank again. I want the government to start robbing the banks for us.

Because SF successfully took part in one of the most difficult negotiations in recent history - bringing about peace in the north. That qualifies them to take on the EU in my book. FG couldn't negotiate where to go for a night out and will come back from Europe with the tail between their legs, whimpering that we did the best we could but we couldn't secure anything. Unfortunately we had to promise to up the corporation tax rate too.

I'm sick of people going on about SF were born from a violent party. Ireland was born from struggle and violence. When you are repressed by your government (or an occupying government as it was in the north) violence is the final answer. Look at the middle east. Would you vote for the new parties of freedom in those countries that used violence to get rid of the old government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

danger man wrote: »
    im from the north mate,the british army ruled by english kings and queens took this island

There hasn't been an English King or Queen since 1566. Britain has been ruled by the British parliament since 1688.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a bit of bigotry though.

danbohan wrote: »
    interesting how the english are trying to place their murderous history on others, .

So who were you referring to here?

So who were you referring to here?

The English (from Old English: Englisc) are a nation and ethnic group native to England, who speak English. The English identity is of early mediaeval origin, when they were known in Old English as the Anglecynn. England is now a country of the United Kingdom, and the majority of English people in England are British Citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

^And this is why some people vote Sinn Féin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

i love how the revisonist is throwing the word bigotry about while defending past English ruled british governemts...

Lots of lol's.

The English (from Old English: Englisc) are a nation and ethnic group native to England, who speak English. The English identity is of early mediaeval origin, when they were known in Old English as the Anglecynn. England is now a country of the United Kingdom, and the majority of English people in England are British Citizens.

Typical Shinner - refusing to answer a direct question.

So which English person or people are "trying to place their murderous history on others" on this thread?

Seaneh wrote: »
    i love how the revisonist is throwing the word bigotry about while defending past English ruled british governemts...

Lots of lol's.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Proud SF voter here. I voted for them because i believe they are the only party who actually know what they are doing economics wise, never thought i'd say that 10 years ago but i don't care about their history only my countries future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Tazz T wrote: »
    Because FG isn't going to be more of the same. It's going to be worse. And all you'll hear is: 'Well, this is what FF left us.'

People will be kicking themselves for voting FG in a year's time.

Because I don't want to be robbed by a bank again. I want the government to start robbing the banks for us.

Because SF successfully took part in one of the most difficult negotiations in recent history - bringing about peace in the north. That qualifies them to take on the EU in my book. FG couldn't negotiate where to go for a night out and will come back from Europe with the tail between their legs, whimpering that we did the best we could but we couldn't secure anything. Unfortunately we had to promise to up the corporation tax rate too.

I'm sick of people going on about SF were born from a violent party. Ireland was born from struggle and violence. When you are repressed by your government (or an occupying government as it was in the north) violence is the final answer. Look at the middle east. Would you vote for the new parties of freedom in those countries that used violence to get rid of the old government?

FG won't last the year with their policies. We will be back voting by years end mark my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Typical Shinner - refusing to answer a direct question.

So which English person or people are "trying to place their murderous history on others" on this thread?

if it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck , swims like a duck , its a duck . your Irish , so we cant be referring to you , can we ?

if it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck , swims like a duck , its a duck . your Irish , so we cant be referring to you , can we ?

3rd time - WHO were you referring to on this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well there is a really simple formula that proves the parties who support the IMF/EU bail out are delusional!

possibly , but then their are a lot of well respected economists whos proposals are not a million miles from sinn feins , but then they dont have a unionest/anti sinn fein agenda of some posters do they ?

possibly , but then their are a lot of well respected economists whos proposals are not a million miles from sinn feins , but then they dont have a unionest/anti sinn fein agenda of some posters do they ?

Anti Sinn Fein does not mean Unionist. You still haven't answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

If that is the case I'd be interested to see it. Their policies vis a vis taxes and spending resemble those of successful left wing parties on the continent.

I mean you might not like or agree with them, but refute? That's quite a statement. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd certainly like to be convinced, because at first glance your statement doesn't come close.

Anti Sinn Fein does not mean Unionist. You still haven't answered my question.

not always brigadier , but in some cases it does ,. i have , you really are confused , are you irish or not , if your irish i was not referring to you , if your english i was , make up your mind which you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭danger man

There hasn't been an English King or Queen since 1566. Britain has been ruled by the British parliament since 1688.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a bit of bigotry though.

the queen and the one before her step in and out when they want,how do you think the british army got the go ahead into iraq after a million people marched in london to say no.she suspended the canadian parliament not to long ago and as far as i know she can do the same in australia.she bypassed parliament to give her army thegreeen light for iraq.royal decree keeps coming in to my head but its not that. i know thats not an answer but iv child under 1 arm and a bottle of milk under the other. give me an hour iv a book here some where that its in aswell as looking it up on the web.
    sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

not always brigadier , but in some cases it does ,. i have , you really are confused , are you irish or not , if your irish i was not referring to you , if your english i was , make up your mind which you are

I'm not confused. You just seem to be able to be unable to answer a direct question.

Who were you referring to?

danger man wrote: »
    the queen and the one before her step in and out when they want,how do you think the british army got the go ahead into iraq after a million people marched in london to say no.she suspended the canadian parliament not to long ago and as far as i know she can do the same in australia.she bypassed parliament to give her army thegreeen light for iraq.royal decree keeps coming in to my head but its not that. i know thats not an answer but iv child under 1 arm and a bottle of milk under the other. give me an hour iv a book here some where that its in aswell as looking it up on the web.
    sorry

The Queen has no power. I think you need to do some reading up before you embarass yourself.

i dont for one minute believe that sinn fein think so either no matter what they say , they would not be first party to spout nonsense from safely of opposition . anyway we wont be finding out any time soon , good luck to fine gael/labour they have a poisoned chalice in hand me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 soucha

I have live in leitrim for eighteen years, and during that time have run into some serious probs. Not knowing any of the local candidates when i arrived, i read their blurb, then contacted them for help. Most of them simply didn reply, the odd couple that made contact went off promising they would help, i never saw any of them again until there was a local election. One man listened, advised, and continued to arrive if called, and work for me in between. He solved all my problems. That man is Michael Colreavy, sf candidate in North Leitrim/sligo. Hopefully he is now TD for same area. Then when i read sf manifesto, and having attended some meetings and met the candidates, there was no contest, the shower of fools that helped drop ireland into this recession, making all those stupid decisions that bankrupted the nation, but, they didnt ask us to help/advise/partake in any of that, leitrims share in the "celtic tiger" was zero. but now, oh yes, we are all being told we need to help, tighten those belts, just like haughy said thirty years ago. All the least able and vulnerable are being penalised, how is it when the rich had all that money and blew it, the poor are now having to pay it back? SF will reverse that as soon as they have the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Because they gave the easy answer to the big question:
    Q. Who should pay for the mess we are in?

A. Someone else

Isn't this the answer Fianna Fail gave the bankers?

I voted SF because I wanted to see a genuine left wing party in opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Thread locked as it's full of abusive and substandard posting, and because the OP has withdrawn the question. It simply baffles me how posters can't discuss Sinn Fein without getting abusive. The few people who actually try to engage are appreciated.

Troublesome posts and posters will be infracted and/or banned.

/mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement