Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Save on shaving ( Fathers day Pressie)

• 16-06-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Don't know if it works but have bought one for my Dad who already gets about 100 shaves per blade ( no idea how). This yoke ( RAZOR PIT Blade Shapener) might mean he gets 1000 shaves per blade. Must be where I get my bargain loving from.

This is only a bargain alert if it works. Will get back ye on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Its called tough skin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just ordered one myself, thanks OP, Im 90% confident I read the reports about this in the papers they mention at the time and they were raving about it, hope this is the same one, will report back. Free shipping if you take the cheap postage option aswell btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Looks really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Probably just me, but how does it remove the stuck hairs from between the blades?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Probably just me, but how does it remove the stuck hairs from between the blades?

not Just you brother...

I'll order one for myself. and Give a Review when it arraives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

for the more budget consious supervalu are selling the gillette fusion range for half price

Dont you mean for the less budget conscious? As in those who throw the blades in the bin and buy more at ridiculous prices instead of sharpening them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

for the more budget consious supervalu are selling the gillette fusion range for half price

hmmm...all the other "offers" give the new price...no price shown for the fusion. I wonder why that is?

Anyway, would be very interested to know if this razor pit works...seems to good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've heard about this gadget before and this time curiosity has gotten the better of me, just ordered one, I'll get back to ye if it turns out to be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

same here, with the price of blades these days it should save a right few bob if it works...

many thanks OP...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 snnowwy

+1

Just ordered mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Got mine in the post this morning. I'll give an update following my shave tomorrow morning. I bet you can't wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Tesco selling fusion razor including two blades for €5.22 today. Not on-line but available in store. Pretty good price but most people only want the blades. This Razor PIT yoke has lots of green right-on goodness going on. :D
    Please let it work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Definitely going to get one of these things if the feedback from here is good. Would take no time at all to pay for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

Got it approx 5 weeks ago. Was on TV3 ( that cracker Laura Bermingham was plugging it I think ). Rang the place and ordered over the phone as the website was acting up at the time ( as it does be when Ryanair offer a special sometimes )

Anyway, using a fusion blade. Onto shave no. 14 today IIRC. Looks good so far. Shaves, even with minimal growth are comfortable. I've been using foam also. Would normally use gel but her indoors picked up the wrong bloody thing . That said, it's hard to see how the reccomended action carried out after each use is accomplishing anything.... but time will tell.

The official line is that 1 blade is good for 150 uses. Again, we will see but here's hoping !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Been using the razorpit for 3 months and only on my 2nd gillette Mach 3 blade.This thing makes no sense but boy does it work and I should know! If my blade is not sharp my face ends up looking like something out of a horror movie.
    Just started telling my friends about it in the last few days because I wanted to give it a long test in case I got the blame for any shaving nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

This is basically.. a strop?

Wouldn't a strip of leather or canvas have the same effect?

I'd like to hear real user feedback, shills and plants need not apply..

killer007 wrote: »
    Been using the razorpit for 3 months and only on my 2nd gillette Mach 3 blade.This thing makes no sense but boy does it work and I should know! If my blade is not sharp my face ends up looking like something out of a horror movie.
    Just started telling my friends about it in the last few days because I wanted to give it a long test in case I got the blame for any shaving nightmares.

so that's 1.5 months per blade so far, and how many times would you shave per week? every day?

Some good feedback here so I'm looking forward to receiving mine and just to see how this thing works at all! It may be a waste but hey, for €23 it's worth the gamble.
    ah, gone are the days when I worked part time in college in a place where we managed to get a large array of top quality blades for really cheap..I had so many I lived like a king, would use a blade once, maybe twice if feeling thrifty and then dumped it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

Amalgam wrote: »
    I'd like to hear real user feedback... shills and plants need not apply..

User 1. Got it approx 5 weeks ago. Was on TV3 ( that cracker Laura Bermingham was plugging it I think ). Rang the place and ordered over the phone as the website was acting up at the time ( as it does be when Ryanair offer a special sometimes . Anyway, using a fusion blade. Onto shave no. 14 today IIRC. Looks good so far. Shaves, even with minimal growth are comfortable. I've been using foam also. Would normally use gel but her indoors picked up the wrong bloody thing . That said, it's hard to see how the reccomended action carried out after each use is accomplishing anything.... but time will tell.

The official line is that 1 blade is good for 150 uses. Again, we will see but here's hoping !

User 2. Been using the razorpit for 3 months and only on my 2nd gillette Mach 3 blade.This thing makes no sense but boy does it work and I should know! If my blade is not sharp my face ends up looking like something out of a horror movie.

There just aint no pleasin some folk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

8 fusion blades in tesco for 18eu and a few cents
    good value considering last xmas it was 4 for 16.99
    the fusion power ones are 12eu for 4
    mach 3s 12eu for 8
    bout time they came down in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Just noticed on that 4men.ie site ->

“You saved me from having to ask my friends about this sort of stuff ... thank god you’re here!”
    Don, Cork

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'll be getting my old man one of these bargains
    http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/traditionalshaving/_268168/1/Starter-Kits

With blades less than 30 cents each it makes real sense and I've used
    DE safety razors for over 6 months and find them much better than
    Fusion/Mach3 multiblade cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭TM

Amalgam wrote: »
    This is basically.. a strop?
    I guess so.

For what it's worth more info here - in particular the "About Razor Pit" section:

http://www.razorpit.com

A few more comments here:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=108014

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Could you buy this razor pit in dublin? I want to get it for the old man for fathers day, but its too late to order it now. However i will be in town on saturday.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Thargor wrote: »
    Free shipping if you take the cheap postage option aswell btw.

Glad I didn't pay the extra €10 for next day delivery when the standard shipping (which was free as you said) had it delivered the next day anyway! So I'll try it in the morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Thanks op, mine arrived today i didnt think id have it in time to give it to my dad on sunday so im delighted :)

Glad I didn't pay the extra €10 for next day delivery when the standard shipping (which was free as you said) had it delivered the next day anyway! So I'll try it in the morning:)
    Really? Still no sign of mine in Galway, this is 3 days since I ordered it, Im hurting myself every morning with a dull Mach 3 blade waiting for it.:mad:

Thargor wrote: »
    Really? Still no sign of mine in Galway, this is 3 days since I ordered it, Im hurting myself every morning with a dull Mach 3 blade waiting for it.:mad:

hmm ,seems a bit long alright, came from Goatstown, Dublin.

Haha, it just came, stand by for a live test on a dull Mach 3 blade in the next 30 minutes or so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Uh oh...its been over 30 mins. Thargor is probably busy applying plasters all over his neck and face.

Advertisement