Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

• 08-12-2014 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Gameworld detail:

**UPDATE June 2015 **
    We are still accepting players into the game world.you can PM me if you need any help in getting started.

We have created a Soccermanager.com league world for the Boards.ie members only. It only launched on 24th of March 2013 and new members are always welcome.
    If you would like a team in it, then register on the site and then search for game world ID:174426 to view free clubs. If you want a club then click "Apply" and post in here your user name and which club you applied for and ill accept you into the world ASAP.Or else just PM me with your email and ill offer you a job

As alot of the big clubs are already managed players who join now will start with a small team and try too amass as much manager points as possible as down the road when teams become free we refer too manager points and the manager with the most points who wants the job is awarded it.it is easyier too get points with small teams then big teams as this explains

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Well since I'm in early... I really don't think the unmanaged rule should go through either way as there's enough controversy surrounding the whole ruling and people voted before it was discussed fully. I think the vote should be voided and continued as a discussion thread leading to a future vote thread.

I would also like to change the login rule back to 30 days. The people who were logging in at the 30 day mark after doing nothing for the 30 days have just adjusted to the reduced time. It really isn't serving any purpose for me (but I guess a longer login time doesn't either)

Ramble over! :D

On another note, after a bad start I am still only 6 points from the top of Division 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

TheGunns wrote: »
    Well since I'm in early... I really don't think the unmanaged rule should go through either way as there's enough controversy surrounding the whole ruling and people voted before it was discussed fully. I think the vote should be voided and continued as a discussion thread leading to a future vote thread.

I would also like to change the login rule back to 30 days. The people who were logging in at the 30 day mark after doing nothing for the 30 days have just adjusted to the reduced time. It really isn't serving any purpose for me (but I guess a longer login time doesn't either)

Ramble over! :D

On another note, after a bad start I am still only 6 points from the top of Division 2!

Some very valid points there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What do we do about people who voted and closed their boards account after? What about people who voted and quit there club then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What do we do about people who voted and closed their boards account after? What about people who voted and quit there club then?

Tough one, maybe we should have a vote on it?

But seriously, I think they should both still count as they were valid votes at the time they were cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Tough one, maybe we should have a vote on it?

But seriously, I think they should both still count as they were valid votes at the time they were cast.

no chance. they vetoed their rights when they quit one, the other or both.

giphy.gif
    1409794187_1386891493_xilc44_5wataikg.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

How did we end up here!?!

We didnt get to our magical 10,000.... Mods thinking the own the place :p

swoody wrote: »
    no chance. they vetoed their rights when they quit one, the other or both

Suits me that, but I was just giving my opinion.

The Mods will be up all night counting this one!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    How did we end up here!?!

We didnt get to our magical 10,000.... Mods thinking the own the place :p

nah, mac obviously failed maths in school. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The votes should be, as they always were, counted by who has a team and how they voted. If people have left their team, then their vote to affect the game world shouldn't really count....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The votes should be, as they always were, counted by who has a team and how they voted. If people have left their team, then their vote to affect the game world shouldn't really count....

It was never really set in stone though which is why we are discussing it now, the main criteria is you need to have a boards account for a vote to count.

However I'm sure there was a vote before where votes counted even after a person lost their boards posting privileges.

We've had that many I don't know, but we are starting this thread well, loads of discussion and not much agreement :)

• Advertisement

It was never really set in stone though which is why we are discussing it now, the main criteria is you need to have a boards account for a vote to count.

The whole point of public votes was that it could be checked and made sure no one was voting who wasn't playing in the gameworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

No point in counting the votes at all so ... No way of telling who will still be round when the proposed changes are getting implimented or not as the case way be...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

While we're on the subject on the eligibility of votes, what about the votes of the users who have voted one way, but have since expressed their change of view after reading the discussion. Should we adjust the result to cater for their change of heart? Personally, I think so. I know their is are at least two people, and quite possibly three in this scenario.

The whole point of public votes was that it could be checked and made sure no one was voting who wasn't playing in the gameworld.

Yes I am aware of that, and I have always been one of the main advocates of that - mainly to stop people who are not and never have been involved from having their vote counted.

I'm saying it was never set in stone, stating that at the time of counting you must have boards privileges and manage a team. I am sure votes counted like that before where when voted they were fully active, but before the vote closed they had been banned.

It needs to be added to the charter whatever is decided this time.

might as well be the first to post the standard results post

Chris P Bacon steered Juventus to victory against Toulouse FC.
    Juventus beat Toulouse FC 1 - 0 in their SMFA Shield Group B fixture.
    Sánchez scored the winner for Juventus and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

_79586770_sam_allardyce_getty.jpg

Wilberto wrote: »
    While we're on the subject on the eligibility of votes, what about the votes of the users who have voted one way, but have since expressed their change of view after reading the discussion. Should we adjust the result to cater for their change of heart? Personally, I think so. I know their is are at least two people, and quite possibly three in this scenario.

Tupac expressed his desire to have his vote removed, and Colemania to have his removed or changed if possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

No point in counting the votes at all so ... No way of telling who will still be round when the proposed changes are getting implemented or not as the case way be...

Very true. In the case of those particular people then all we can do is take it that they voted with the best of intentions at that particular moment in time.

kenny-cunningham-296x174.jpg

:D :pac: :P

No point in counting the votes at all so ... No way of telling who will still be round when the proposed changes are getting implimented or not as the case way be...

I'd argue this is why a set timelimit also needs to be brought in (as in, when the vote starts, an end date is set afterwhich the result is set, rather than an open ended vote which is always in flux), AND these votes shouldn't take place till nearer the end of the seasons (so it affects the managers actually participating and avoids people who left weeks before it having an impact on a gameworld they are no longer part of).

Tupac expressed his desire to have his vote removed, and Colemania to have his removed or changed if possible.

Colemania I had counted, Mr. Blobby had voted for neither yes or no but had since expressed his desire to come back to the gameworld.

TBH, I figured Tupac was just being a tad dramatic so I left his vote alone.

The third one was MRP..something. The Panathinaikos manager I think. Although, he hadn't fully confirmed that he wanted to change his vote but it everything else but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You should be managing a team to get a vote otherwise you're voting on something that doesn't affect you, at least not at the time of the vote.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You should be managing a team to get a vote otherwise you're voting on something that doesn't affect you, at least not at the time of the vote.

thats you and al so......as both your clubs run themselves. :D

Colemania I had counted, Mr. Blobby had voted for neither yes or no but had since expressed his desire to come back to the gameworld.

The third one was MRP..something. The Panathinaikos manager I think. Although, he hadn't fully confirmed that he wanted to change his vote but it everything else but.

Then I think there is one on either side of the vote that don't manage a club?

swoody wrote: »
    thats you and al so......as both your clubs run themselves. :D

Into the feckin ground by the looks of it!!

Then I think there is one on either side of the vote that don't manage a club?

Yeah, Rasco and 8-10 are just straight up void votes, plain and simple! :D

Yeah, Rasco and 8-10 are just straight up void votes, plain and simple! :D

Now you just need to pop into the waiting list thread and sort that one out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

You figured wrong.....

I can't figure how I could have been clearer on the subject and I want my vote taken out completely, but hey, it's a case of the powers that be not listening to the current managers sure what else is new

You figured wrong.....

I can't figure how I could have been clearer on the subject and I want my vote taken out completely, but hey, it's a case of the powers that be not listening to the current managers sure what else is new

I'd have thought it was taking care of the current managers by making sure one wasn't making a rash decision and was giving him a chance to calm down and make sure he was happy with his decision...

Severe case of hyperbole in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'd have thought it was taking care of the current managers by making sure one wasn't making a rash decision and was giving him a chance to calm down and make sure he was happy with his decision...

Or it could be viewed as not listening to someone making perfect sence, and it's not like it wasn't the first time I said my num 1 priority above anything was keeping current managers happy.....

TBF the 'calming down' excuse is pretty poor, considering I've often expressed where the priorities with this GW should lie, and nothing I said in my post about Baz sounded any different so for me that whole 'calm down' is a cop out

• Advertisement

Or it could be viewed as not listening to someone making perfect sence, and it's not like it wasn't the first time I said my num 1 priority above anything was keeping current managers happy.....

TBF the 'calming down' excuse is pretty poor, considering I've often expressed where the priorities with this GW should lie, and nothing I said in my post about Baz sounded any different so for me that whole 'calm down' is a cop out

The constant attempts to portray everyone who disagrees with you as not wanting to keep current managers happy is frustrating though; just because I disagree about how to achieve the same goal, doesn't mean we have different ones. And pulling out of a vote just because people disagree with you does nothing but damage your own side of the vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement