Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super Rugby [Super 15] - General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Israel Dagg with a special try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Squeaky bum time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

such tension

Cruden chokes a tad

• Subscribers Posts: 40,978 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Messy drop kick attempt by carter

• Advertisement

This Carter fella is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Wtf dan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Tox56 wrote:
    Crusaders need more ROG

• Subscribers Posts: 40,978 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great game, chiefs win by one

Awful. Rushed DG from DC then into touch. Well done Chiefs hats off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

FFS. Crusaders had it in the bag at 75 min IMO, carter wasted it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Crusaders needed more cynicism. Their best chance was to force a penalty at the scrum.

Willi Heinz is completely out of his depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

On the bright side there's the 2014 Super 15 competition to look forward to. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So the final is in Hamilton then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Missed the game this morning, anywhere I can re-watch it does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Suddenly things not going the Bulls' way like most thought it would.

Any thoughts on this?
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Secret-plan-to-kill-Super-Rugby-20130727

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

SA might have the quantity but they do not have the quality to have 6 competitive super rugby teams.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Suddenly things not going the Bulls' way like most thought it would.

Any thoughts on this?
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Secret-plan-to-kill-Super-Rugby-20130727
    Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    SA might have the quantity but they do not have the quality to have 6 competitive super rugby teams.

The timezone has always been an issue. Setting up a western conference involving SA & Argentinian teams, and an Eastern Conference involving NZ & Aus teams +/- Pacific +/- Japan might be the way forward with some sort of knockout series between the top 3 sides in each conference or the like. Politics always gets in the way in SA, and it's clear they want 6 franchises, they even tried to impose it this year until NZ & Aus insisted they had to stick with the negotiated deal of 5 franchises per country. Hence the Kings fiasco.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It was my understanding that SA was the most financially important of the three nations.

I didn't think NZ and OZ would be able to go it alone with SA money.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It was my understanding that SA was the most financially important of the three nations.

I didn't think NZ and OZ would be able to go it alone with SA money.

The money comes from TV revenue basically, so it would be a matter of what Murdoch or whoever were happy to pay. SA is in a European timezone, which is handy. Not saying SANZAR should split, but watching a NZ team play the Kings or Lions, or even the more glamourous teams isn't so appealing as the local derbies, and I'm sure the SAs feel the same way. More local derbies, and with the best then proceeding to a knockout might add appeal.

I can't be objective, but for you as a neutral fan CFH, what type of format might make you follow SXV?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not a morning person and that's why I don't follow SuperXV at the moment, also I don't have SKY.

I can't relate in any way to the SA teams as I've never been there, I've been to OZ and NZ so they're easier for me to follow.

Chiefs played as a Champion Team, their defence was excellent, and it took a piece of Dagg magic to score the only try for the Crusaders. Some try though!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

Well Cruden>Carter again..........
    Damn I wish my childhood friend Kez Read could lift a super rugby trophy. Goo the chiefs, you deserve it

Anyone watching?

0-3 after 5 minutes.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Anyone watching?

Me.

A scrum containing Ben Alexander marching the Bulls backwards and earning a scrum penalty!

No matter how much I dislike the Bulls, if they win I will still feel a sense of pride as a South African, for about 5 seconds and then "f**k", knowing its another year of mockery from Bulls fans.

Great try. Wondering if that offload was marginally forward, but they havent shown it properly.

• Advertisement

Well, fab try to Brumbies there. Henry Speight will be a great asset for the Wallabies.

Advertisement