Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slane Concert 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

bren2001 wrote: »
    Relatively there is a lot less people. They will sell Slane out, any band booked will sell Slane out wether its Stone Roses or the Foo's. Hopefully I will attend my first Slane in 2013.

I've been at a few Slanes that have been less than packed.
    Bullshít. They sold 220,000 tickets in just over an hour in the UK. They would probably sell the same again if they went on sale. Id say, relatively there's not a whole lot of difference in the level of interest in Ireland. I know a lot of people that would queue for tickets. They would sell out Slane in no time I'd say

Different market and it's their home town.
    Savman wrote:
    The tour dates list that circulated has been denounced as being rubbish so wouldn't be taking rumour for gospel just yet. It's been all quiet since they did the press conference so I'm sure some kind of announcement is imminent, I think the demand is definitely there and not just in Ireland but across Europe too.

I'd be inclined to agree, but what was interesting was the July 13th date in that it happened to clash with what would normally be Oxegen. Idle speculation but perhaps right date and wrong venue. Then again the date in Belfast the following day doesn't add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No way would they do Slane followed by Belfast, same catchment area and less than 90mins apart on the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Playing TITP so smart money would be on Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Snoooooooooooooooooore

Yep one of the best live bands around atm are snore.........

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Playing TITP so smart money would be on Oxegen.

If there is Oxegen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I wonder if Foo's played Slane, would they have all their special guests (Lemmy, Brian May etc) like at Milton Keynes and other gigs? That would blow every other possible band for Slane out of the water :D

At Oxegen when Dave Grohl announced that they'd be in Ireland again, it sounded as if they were in talks for something big but hadn't finalised it yet, and couldn't say exactly what it was. I'd say it could be Slane or Marley Park or something big like that and not a usual gig because otherwise they would just have said it?

Naomi00 wrote: »
    I wonder if Foo's played Slane, would they have all their special guests (Lemmy, Brian May etc) like at Milton Keynes and other gigs? That would blow every other possible band for Slane out of the water :D

At Oxegen when Dave Grohl announced that they'd be in Ireland again, it sounded as if they were in talks for something big but hadn't finalised it yet, and couldn't say exactly what it was. I'd say it could be Slane or Marley Park or something big like that and not a usual gig because otherwise they would just have said it?

Yea im really hoping its Slane maybe with someone like QOTSA as guests and a few other bands . Maybe re-create Hyde Park with QOTSA/Motorhead/Angels and Airwaves or Milton Keynes Biffy/Jimmy Eat World

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

BrianD wrote: »
    July 13th at Slane is one of the "leaked dates" quoted in the Mirror which would correspond to Oxegen [insert new name if required] at Punchestown [insert new venue here if required]. That could make sense.

As has been pointed out numerous times already, that is not true. TITP is on a week earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

but1er wrote: »
    rumour going around

stone roses asked to do it and mountcharles said "sorry band is booked" belive the band booked are the foos

If true, Ive a sneaking suspicion Lord Charlie Charles Charles will get a more professional show.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I hope the Foo Fighters don't do it, they would be a harder sell than the Chillis at Croker.

• Advertisement

They headlined Oxegen on Saturday night, the crowd was crap for it, nowhere near the size of crowd Coldplay had on Sunday! To think they could come back and sell 80k tickets at Slane is silly.

It will be Snow Patrol and a smaller act. Slane is the only gig Snow Patrol haven't played in Ireland yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭bren2001

O'Doodle wrote: »
    They headlined Oxegen on Saturday night, the crowd was crap for it, nowhere near the size of crowd Coldplay had on Sunday! To think they could come back and sell 80k tickets at Slane is silly.

It will be Snow Patrol and a smaller act. Slane is the only gig Snow Patrol haven't played in Ireland yet!

Yeah, Snow Patrol are bigger than the Foo's....alright.

I wouldn't like to see the Foo's at it but there is a big demand for them to play it it seems. Know plenty of people dying to go.

In Ireland Snow Patrol and a decent supporting act would shift more tickets than the Foos alright!

Plus after last year another American band playing Slane is just ****ing ****e!

Yea but if you look at who Foo Fighters were up against at Oxegen they had stiff competition against Deadmau5 (which is what the average Oxegen goer these days would prefer to see)

Coldplay were up against Pendulum who didnt have a big crowd at all .

Id be happy with

Foo Fighters with Snow Patrol as special guests

Eh what?
    I was in the pit for Foo's, the crowd there was brilliant and there was a huge amount of people there.
    Sure, lots of people who've heard one or two Coldplay (-shudder-) songs would turn up. Lots of people standing around a field listening to Coldplay couldn't be much craic. A cure for insomnia maybe.
    Also Deadmou5 was on at the same time, lots of people wanted to go to both.

As much as I like a few Snow Patrol songs why would they play at Slane? It would be so boring. It needs to go back to being rock bands, there's been some awful shíte for years.

Anyway back to Stone Roses thing; Oxegen posted a link on Facebook yesterday saying that Stone Roses were confirmed for TITP , with the title 'hmm' which is probably saying that they will play at Oxegen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Foo Fighters are here every other year. Stone Roses will never play here again surely they should be playing Slane!

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Foo Fighters are here every other year. Stone Roses will never play here again surely they should be playing Slane!

Before Oxegen they hadn't played in Ireland for 5 years.

?????? They had not played Ireland since 2007 before playing Oxegen . I think for some reason you got mixed up with these fellas

At least if the Foo Fighters played you would get a proper rock show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Before Oxegen they hadn't played in Ireland for 5 years.

The Roses won't have been in Ireland for 17 years by the time 2012 comes around. The Roses win!

The Roses won't have been in Ireland for 17 years by the time 2012 comes around. The Roses win!

The Roses will never win against The Foo's :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

They're almost as frequent visitors as Metallica.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think Kings of Leon should play. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Sinead O Connor anyone?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Metallica for Slane!! With support from Trivium, Machine Head, Mastodon and Megadeth.

Well since we are all throwing names out there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Metallica for Slane!! With support from Trivium, Machine Head, Mastodon and Megadeth.

Well since we are all throwing names out there :P

On their last few trips here , they've failed to sell out (or maybe just about sold out) the RDS and Marley Park where the capacity is much lower than Slane. They wouldn't shift 80,000 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

On their last few trips here , they've failed to sell out (or maybe just about sold out) the RDS and Marley Park where the capacity is much lower than Slane. They wouldn't shift 80,000 tickets.
    I know that, I just don't want to trek over to England to see them again, and a few metal bands I really want to see have skipped us on their current tours due to our lack of a medium sized venue. A one day festival in Marlay, like in 2009, could be a solution, but it would be mental if Slane had a metal headliner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

cannibal corpse for slane :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Since the naming throwing continues, hows about Black Sabbath?

More than likely gonna be annoucing that they are reforming in a couple of hours and it would be much longer than 17 years since they played here last. Some decent support and this could be a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Since the naming throwing continues, hows about Black Sabbath?

More than likely gonna be annoucing that they are reforming in a couple of hours and it would be much longer than 17 years since they played here last. Some decent support and this could be a runner.

Not a hope. Mind you, Metallica have just announced that they are playing Donington, and that they are going to be playing the Black album in full to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

Maybe Download Ireland again????

• Advertisement

Not a hope. Mind you, Metallica have just announced that they are playing Donington, and that they are going to be playing the Black album in full to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

Maybe Download Ireland again????

Yea maybe but they might not call it DL just like in 09? Where they had A7X , Mastodon ,Alice in Chains . They all played Sonisphere that year

Advertisement