Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smoothies for a newbie!

Options
  • 08-01-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi All

After months of procrastinating, I finally got myself a really good food processor that comes with a brilliant blender (separate attachment kind of thing) and I want to jump on the homemade smoothie bandwagon. I'm trying to lose weight and I'm finding breakfast especially hard - I've 3 young kids and am working full time so mornings are a bit manic trying to get out. Normally if I grab a smoothie when out I go for the banana, strawberry, orange juice, frozen yoghurt one. But I know you can add oats etc.

Anyway, I'm looking for some basic smoothie ideas. I did a search and they're all coming back with "throw in a bit of X, add a bit of Y" etc. However, I need detailed instructions!!

Anyway, I'm a real beginner and any recipes to get my started in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

You should try to blend instead of juicing as you'll lose the fibre.

Try to use more veg than fruit as there's a lot of sugar in fruit.

Use things like:
    Almond milk
    Greek yoghurt
    Frozen berries - great value in Tesco
    Banana
    Apples
    Spinach
    Kale

Advertisement