Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ideas for small presents to bring from Ireland to Japan?

• 14-03-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Will be heading over to Japan for a few weeks holidays in April.

I'd like to bring a bunch of small cheap presents from Ireland with me, to give to some old Japanese friends I'll be meeting, owners of the places we'll be staying in, etc.

Was thinking about stuff like some tiny bottles of Jamesons, or maybe small boxes of Baileys chocolates. Any other ideas?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Keep in mind that Jameson and the like are readily available in Japan, so if I was going to bring alcohol over as a gift, I'd go for something that you wouldn't get over there so easily. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Cheese and Onion TAYTOs

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Denny's Black Pudding ....

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Never loose an opportunity in getting and keeping connections in Japan. Japanese love cute trinkets and will always find a wearable place to clip them on and show them off. Makes a great conversation piece amongst their friends.

Acrylic Keyrings - a great way to get your Picture & Contact information onto one of the most popular items in the world. Let it act as your Meishi when meeting people .

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Shamrock badges and fridge magents!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The mistake I made when first visiting was to bring a small selection of Jamesons - needless to say, I hadn't realised that the Japanese love their whiskey and such a brand is commonplace. Of late, we bring Irish biscuits and the mother in law seems to like baked beans!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Bring your shilleagh ! - Really useful on night out in Rappongi ! .;)

I advise bringing a load of sweets and snacks. Japanese people love trying different foods.

Aside from that small trinkets like keyrings and magnets are always welcome.

Advertisement