Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kitchen Lighting (Low Voltage)

• 05-10-2009 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

ALL, I have some quick and hopefully simple questions.I have Plinth lighting set and UnderUnit lighting set, Both are Low Voltage Leds, with 2 seperate Plug In style Transformers. I would like to Operate these Lighting On a Double Switch... Ok Someone also gave me an idea about The plinth light working with a PIR, but that can wait. ... Just to avoid the obvious, I will get a spark, should this prove to be anything other than incredibly simple. But I would like to have an idea about what it entails.

Heres my best stab at it. A 3AMP FCU from the Kitchen Socket Radial. 2 No. T&E Exit the FCU...Connect to Double Light Switch... Connect to 2no. Single Sockets... Sockets are labeled clearly.. and located in rear of Kitchen Counter..2 Transformers plugged into 2 sockets... I'm aware that this could be complete bad practise and /or silly..so would like to get a good idea of how to go about this..so.

Whats the Simplest and best practise way of doing this? Thanks All. On another Note.. Is it possible to use a PIR for this type of application. Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

the double switch and pir is prob overkill.i would use a switched spur into the double socket and label it (led lights only).if i was adding a pir i would prob locate the socket over the units on the wall(to prevent appliances being plugged in).pir should work fine with led afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 RJBaracuda

Ok, sounds good. Thanks again Dave.

Advertisement