Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Boogie! #4 >> Ventolyn & Becotyde / Jmmy Penguin >> Thurs July 17th - - FREE

• 11-07-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

- Calling all crew -

Get Boogie! is back for the second in a series of Thursday sessions, during which we will feature some exciting up and coming Irish production talent!

10491115101525299301724578937053736473255531n.jpg

July 17th
    11pm - 2am
    Featuring.....

VENTOLYN & BECOTYDE
    ><><><><><><><><><>
    JMMY PENGUIN
    <><><><><><>

V & B
    Ventolyn + Becotyde aka Simon M is a young man from the rainy city of Galway, Ireland. Originally a drummer, he started creating tracks in early 2008, highly influenced by the music he was surrounded by growing up.

His music is meticulously constructed detailed sound. Part sound design, part dancefloor, all good. The music is both abstract and challenging and yet accessible and beautiful at the same time. Generally speaking his sound could be classed as IDM, but that is doing V&B a disservice, as his music encompasses a range of styles and disciplines.

In his own words:"Making music is the only way I can happily and accurately express myself. Rather than a quest for originality, my interest lies in creating music that means something to me personally, which is very much down to the sounds I have been submersed in since I was young…. I'm all about the nostalgia."

Links

http://ventolynandbecotyde.bandcamp.com/
    http://alkalinearrecordings.tumblr.com/
    www.soundcloud.com/ventolyn-becotyde

JMMY PENGUIN
    Jimmy The Hideous Penguin is one of Ireland’s hidden electronic diamonds. Jimmy makes music that varies between sultry bass heavy electronica, progressive scratch and slow burning ambient tracks richly orchestrated with organic instrumentation. Yep this guy is a jack of all trades.

One of the people behind Galway’s ‘Community Skratch Games’ (an annual week long celebration of scratch music and culture), a member of the now departed scratch ensemble ‘Vince Mack Mahon’, one of Alkalinear Recordings and also a Dj / Producer in his own right, Jimmy has dedicated the best part of the last decade to pushing his own personal sound to it's limits.

https://soundcloud.com/jimmy-the-hideous-penguin
    http://jimmypenguin.bandcamp.com/
    www.youtube.com/user/CommunitySkratch

- ABOUT GET BOOGIE! THURSDAYS -

So the summer has allegedly arrived and Thursday nights aren't just as manic as during the "academic" year >>) In light of this, Electric Garden gathered some sound crews together to get some decent beats riollin' each Thursday night. Get Boogie! is taking a few of these evenings on with a view to pushing things a little more leftfield from our mainstay Breaks- Bass - Footwork - jungle bimonthly affair... we'll be focussing on production talent from across the land and having a damn fine time whilst doing so. All for the price of nowt. Do join us..

VENUE/SOUND
    Factory, a comfortable enclave within the Electric Garden complex, has seen some restructuring of late and conditions are now ripe for the birth of a fresh underground experience. High grade audio quality comes courtesy of the recent instalment of a Void Sound System in the space, guaranteeing low end weight as well as high end clarity. The main club area next door will be closed, ensuring an intimate, comfortable atmosphere populated by choon connaisseurs and solid crew.

Upstairs, Soul, Funk, Hip Hop and Groove will abound in the party-time smoking area..

To top it all off, there will be no admission charge on the door!

Get Boogie

Advertisement