Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

osteopath in Dublin

• 20-01-2009 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Looking for a good osteopath in the Dublin area?

Any recommendations would be gladly received...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JUSTaCURIOCITY

Looking for a good osteopath in the Dublin area?

Any recommendations would be gladly received...thanks

The best-and I meant it p- even two of my bosses and clients are going there
    he is British , but he rehabilitated a rugby players proffesionally
    he costs 70 eu per session , cure after one time

MYLES COTTRELL, B.Ost
    Myles Cottrell: ph:: + 353 1 490 5818
    The Winton Practice
    12 Winton Avenue, Rathgar, Dublin 6, Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

cure after one time

Hi JUSTaCURIOCITY, he may have helped you after just one visit but just remember that each person is different and for some it may take several sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JUSTaCURIOCITY

I know but I have an arm out of socket , was falling off, then pulled knee fro contemporary dancing , and my boyfriend had pulled back muscle - near spine. He helped us with many occassions and he keep helping my best friends and my ex-boss who is a very 'PRIMA- DONNA' whitch means , that he wouldnt let anyone near him as long as he would not be sure of doctor.
    So he is very known and recomended . i advice to ake a look at his profile . rescue your muscles and joints when it is still possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tarak5

I had the same problem with my lower back for some time. It happened after a fall. A MRI scan showed nothing.

I have been to see 3 osteopath in total(did about 7 sessions with each) and paid 60-100euro. I have been told it is a common complaint.

I have not experience any comfort/cure for my problem. My problem is the same as it ever was before I went to see them.

I think it is good for everyone considering visiting osteopaths to hear my story. I feel robbed and stupid. I went in hope of a cure.

P.S if you have had a similiar problem to me and you do get cured by an osteopath - please let me know.

Desperate people do desperate things.

tara

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cquinner

hi all. Please need somebody's help.....
    ive been going to a very popular osteopath in the northside of dublin for around 4 years for ongoing neck/upper back issues. found him good...but to a point. he spent most of the time just kneading out the knots in the muscles....but never enough so you felt like you were leaving the place knowing he held back a bit...so you would have to come back. He also never really recommended anything to me to correct the ongoing problem, he just massaged me when things got bad/stiff. I feel a good sports masseuse would have done the exact same thing.
    Then....I got an shoulder/collar injury playing a camogie match 14 weeks ago. been to GP, had it x-rayed, went back to my osteopath for 3 visits. nothing got better. then got MRI scan, which showed up slight dislocation in collar bone (or whatever its called) and other inflammation etc...
    The consultant recommended i go for an x-ray!!!! (so obviously the hospital missed it on the x-ray....as we all know...they tend to just look for breaks and ignore any other injuries....)
    So I then brought the MRI Results (as well as the scans) to a NEW osteopath on the Southside. I have now had 4 weekly sessions with him and am now worse than i was before i went to him. In constant pain now since my last session with him 11 days ago. I explained this to him on the phone (when i called to cancel my next appointment) and he said he doesnt know what else to recommend. I am seriously convinced he has caused me more damage. My original injury was not this painful. I am going out of my mind. what do i do next!!?
    Can somebody who has suffered with a shoulder/collar injury please advise me what to do next. I am using too many painkillers just to get through the day and starting to drink too much wine to go to sleep!!! Its affecting my work, my sleep, my humour and my sanity. HELP PLEASE!!!!!! only genuine replies please...no touting for business as i cant take another useless attempt to fix my problem.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement