Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New speed bumps at Blanchardstown centre

Options
  • 07-10-2014 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

The Blanchardstown centre have new speed bumps near the Blue entrance (old bus stop area) at the pedestrian crossing's each side of the traffic light pedestrian crossing from the main centre doors to the Fingal Co. Co. building.

I'm all for pedestrian safety and don't mind extra ramps being fitted in these locations but these speed bumps are car breakers, The first time I drove over them I nearly went through the roof, The second time driving over them even knowing they were severe I went into first gear at walking speed and the car still bounced over them putting a good deal of strain on the car's suspension part's.

I had to stop after the new speed bump today as a pedestrian was crossing and the car behind me came over the new speed bump and nearly rear ended me as gravity forced it down the other side sharply.

I think they need to be skimmed down a little to take the severity out of them or a gradual area each side of the ramp fitted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

That's the blue entrance ;)

We went over them last Thursday and same as you they are very severe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

January wrote: »
    That's the blue entrance ;)

We went over them last Thursday and same as you they are very severe.

Thanks edited now! I also noticed they are putting an electric charge point in for electric cars beside TGI Friday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

As a motorcyclist driving there tomorrow, thanks for letting us know before I crashed or broke my wrist.

Advertisement