Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord Diesel Problems...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Green Hornet

Any sign of black soot around the manifold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

gibbon75 wrote: »
    Green Hornet

Any sign of black soot around the manifold?

No. No sign last week anyway but we didn't put it on the ramp. I'm going back tomorrow though because it was quite bad this evening. The problem is that it seems to be worst after starting up and comes in a waft - I think it's when the air con starts.

Strange that there was no sign of soot or no obvious smell from the engine compartment either though - although the car was warm at that stage.

In fairness to the garage they are very good and actually told me up front about the manifold issue without me having to mention it. They assumed it was cracked but couldn't see any sign of a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭trabpc

We got the Accord Sorted about 3 weeks ago. Adams Replaced Manifold.

Manifold Part cost covered by garage.

Paid €80 labour.

No more Smell.

Mechanic said old manifold did not look too bad, said he saw worse. But since it was changed we no longer get the smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Honda changed my manifold two weeks ago. However, as I suspected, this has not resolved the problem unfortunately.

The smell only happens when it's cold outside and before the engine temperature heats up! I had a fair idea that it wasn't the manifold (as I mentioned above) but to be fair to the garage they said that they would change it as it may crack a couple of years down the line and be out of warranty at that stage.

In my case, I think it's something to do with the Gas Assisted Heater system in the diesels. Maybe the easiest thing is just to leave off the heater until the engine is warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

trabpc wrote: »
    We got the Accord Sorted about 3 weeks ago. Adams Replaced Manifold.

Manifold Part cost covered by garage.

Paid €80 labour.

No more Smell.

Mechanic said old manifold did not look too bad, said he saw worse. But since it was changed we no longer get the smell.

+1 had to have one replaced on an 04 estate for the same problem, didn't look too bad but once the new one was fitted problem solved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ftk84

i have a 05 diesel accord and from time to time when i accelerate hard the power cuts out momentarily causing the car to jerk. it then comes back and drives as normal. the car is warmed up fully when this happens.

also, from time to time power could dip slightly when accelerating. the rev counter will stay the same. this could last for about a second and then drive as normal again.

any thoughts about these issues would be appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Did you change the fuel filter recently by any chance?
    We have experienced fuel pressure issues with spurious fuel filters lately,but don't what brands are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ftk84

ya the car was serviced about 3000km ago and the fuel filter was changed. not sure if it was a honda one or not. its been happening since before the last service i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lynn3569

Hi, would just like little advice from you all pls. am thinking of buying 08 Honda Accord but its an import, have been told to be wary of thoes as mileage can be clocked and it does have full service history but dont suppost it to hard to forge those if dealer really wanted. just wanted to know if any one out there bought import and if they had any problems with it afterwards. also bit concerned that if it only has 120,000 miles on clock which is not much for honda engine why dealers only giving 6 months warrant on them.
    Any advice or experience would be really apprecriated,
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Dont be put off my people saying,ohhh its an import it will be clocked.
    You have as much chance of getting a clocked car from abroad as you do from your local garage. ( they only go on about clocked imports as they have stats from them, their are no stats about clocked irish cars as SIMI dont keep them)
    I have an imported car and so does my mate and they are going grand.

The main thing is to do your homework on the car and get all the necessary checks, after that its just pure bad luck if something happens to the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lynn3569

Thanks billbond4, u make a lot of sense, apprecriate it.

Advertisement