Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house while claiming Jobseekers Allowance

• 08-07-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question that hopefully someone will be able to give me an answer to, and I couldn't find any forum in particular to post this, so if it's in the wrong place, apologies.

My current job will end in mid-August and I intend to apply for the Jobseeker's Allowance at that time. Currently I'm back at home with my mother, but will have to move out again at the beginning of September. If I apply for the JA in August, as I'm under 24 and still living at home at that time, I won't get the full amount, but once I move out of home surely I'll be entitled to the full amount, however if I'm renting none of the household bills will be in my name, so as far as the government is concerned I'd still be living at home right?
    Has anyone been in this situation before and know what the best course of action is?

Comments

Advertisement