Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implications of iCloud

• 21-12-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭

My wife told me that the photos I took at my brothers party in the UK last weekend automatically populated onto my iPad which was at home in Cork that same evening. just as well I was behaving :eek:

For me personally its a huge bonus that photos will stream home, I can see some interesting situations arising from iCloud in the future.......

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Andip wrote: »
    My wife told me that the photos I took at my brothers party in the UK last weekend automatically populated onto my iPad which was at home in Cork that same evening. just as well I was behaving :eek:

For me personally its a huge bonus that photos will stream home, I can see some interesting situations arising from iCloud in the future.......

Well, 'tis the nature of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Andip wrote: »

you have photo stream turned on within iCloud settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I think the inability to do something as basic as deleting photos from the cloud on the users terms, not apple's is something thats seriously lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Occasionally I get the urge to do a bit of talent spotting with me iPhone. Sticky situation with the missus as these opened in her browser on our home networked computer and I had to explain away the tit and bum shots a obviously the shutter stuck or something.

I usually save these art pieces to my private folder before the networks shares but the iCloud will be responsible for bringing couples closer together for sure. :p

Trotter wrote: »
    I think the inability to do something as basic as deleting photos from the cloud on the users terms, not apple's is something thats seriously lacking.

I'm thinking of disabling iCloud for this reason. I gave up the previous paid for version MobileMe and it had more user control, but it's not something I think I like ~ it's like one's mind being made public sort of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

Serious flaw, had to turn off photo stream myself. Missus saw me taking pictures of my willy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Serious flaw, had to turn off photo stream myself. Missus saw me taking pictures of my willy.

Didnt think the iPhone had that big of a zoom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Trotter wrote: »
    Thats an oversight being corrected in iOS 5.1 according to the developer previews.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Which one?
    tumblr_ljdu2xJeq71qex36wo1_500.jpg
    or
    68354-groundskeeper_willie_s_tractor_simpsons.jpg

Thats an oversight being corrected in iOS 5.1 according to the developer previews.

Good, 'cause I've, like other have multiple copies of pics and vids that just won't go away after transfer and deletion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Another way around this on the iPad would be if they brought in multiple user accounts on the iPad.

So when you wake the device you choose what account and put in pass code.

I can see them bringing in this feature when the entry level iPad has 64GB memory. Probably 2 generations away at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Another way around this on the iPad would be if they brought in multiple user accounts on the iPad.

So when you wake the device you choose what account and put in pass code.

I can see them bringing in this feature when the entry level iPad has 64GB memory. Probably 2 generations away at least.
    I don't. The iPhone and iPad are intended to be personal devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The music app is now unusable on my iPhone. When I play music it is constantly streaming the music from the cloud. When I am out walking the music stops and starts as it can't download he music quick enough.

Is there any way to switch it off. On a tempory basis or to only allow streaming over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

dingding wrote: »
    The music app is now unusable on my iPhone. When I play music it is constantly streaming the music from the cloud. When I am out walking the music stops and starts as it can't download he music quick enough.

Is there any way to switch it off. On a tempory basis or to only allow streaming over wifi.

If you got to Settings>Store and turn "Use Cellular Data" off, iTunes match will only work over wifi :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

dingding wrote: »

Disable iTunes Match in Settings > Music. Or just play music that is on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I don't. The iPhone and iPad are intended to be personal devices.

True, but the user accounts could be useful even for personal use - say for instance 1. Business 2. Pleasure 3. Private....

Just my thoughts....

Advertisement