Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"If I'm not out there training, someone else is."

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

Good run tonite, u were very comfortable... But i still wouldnt have let him go that easy man!! Not a chance..

Im looking forward to trainin with ya next year for XC like last year.

Roll on the track race my friend:D We need to but a stop to That corkmans winning streak!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

DJS wrote: »
    Good run tonite, u were very comfortable... But i still wouldnt have let him go that easy man!! Not a chance..

Ah wasnt that easy man hats off to Fitzington he had a good run

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭p3-fitz

did someone say but a stop to that cork mans winning streak? cause thats what i was born to do lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Fitzington

Good run tonight man You looked very comfortable
    on the last two laps, Being honest i found the run alot
    harder than Ecoli and the other Vet.
    Looking forward to the track race.:D

Fitzingtons kick reminded me of hicham el guerroujs kick to win the 5k at the 2004 olympics!!

And yes roll on the track race, there will be a few scalps to be had alrigh.

And yes.. beating cork men is something on a few were born to do man

• Advertisement

Week 2 Day 5

9 mile in 61 : 6.45 mile pace

Felt grand after the race last night so i pushed pace small bit but altogether just kept it comfortable as still getting the miles in is the most important thing at this stage

Nice run today man, steady pace. I didnt think i was 6.45 pace tho but sure it was grand to get the legs goin a bit faster on a run:D

Enjoy your LSR tomoro... When im in bed nice and warm ill be thinking of ya:D:D

Week 2 Day 6

9 mile in 60 (6:40 mile pace)

Had a change of schedule today was suppose to do a 15 mile this morning but slept it out (sorry again Woddle) and had time constraints today so had to swap it to tommorow.Today was a real mental struggle to get out but i managed to get out the door once i was out i felt really good and was flying around. eased up a little once i met up with P3fitz after about 40 min and did like fifteen min with him. Really suprised how well the body is holding up since i replaced rest days with recovery days i feel full of energy most of the time but i think that this is down to getting alot more sleep also

Week 2 Day 7

Woke up today feeling like a train had hit me so said to myself that i would do a run this evening unfortunately never happened so my consecutive running days ended at nine but i not too worried to be honest i mean i am only couple of weeks back into training and i shouldnt push it too hard still very early days. Altogether this week is slightly lower this week with 52 but i still goin well in terms of my fitness starting to feel good about my training and my attitude also the fact i feeling guilty at having one day off in the week is something i have never had as only started getting rid of rest days recently so hopefully my progress will continue and i can shake old lazy habits completely

Week 3 day 1

9 miles in 65 (7:20 mile pace) + 4x100m strides

I dunno whether it was the dead heat or the rest day yesterday but felt a little sluggish took me a while to get into my running however dropped the pace at about 6 miles slightly. Started to incorporate strides into my runs this week to now that i able to cover the miles again want to refresh the leg speed a little though will only do this twice a week for now as the key is patience (something i have to frequently remind myself)

• Advertisement

I wouldnt worry bout it man, everyone gets them days were the legs arent feeling great.
    Good too see u doing a few strides, nice way too keep the speed up. Are u going to do the club race tomoro then??

DJS wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry bout it man, everyone gets them days were the legs arent feeling great.
    Good too see u doing a few strides, nice way too keep the speed up. Are u going to do the club race tomoro then??

Unfortunately work beckons so i just gonna do a run instead

Aww pitty, u better be running the track one man!! ANd dont give me "iv work" excuse lol

Week 3 day 1

Pm: 20 min core

just a short session tonight got in after work just to hopefully help try to stay injury free

Week 3 Day 2

8.5 miles in 58 (6.55 mile pace)

nice to have the heat but something i never thought i would miss was a bit of a breeze the dead heat just made it a little tougher than it should have but other than that just a routine couple of miles to keep be building phase going considering whether to throw in a tempo or a session come thurs not too sure yet i will wait to see how i feeling on the day to decide i think

SESSION!!!!

And plaza afterwards!!!

Week 3 Day 3

8 mile in 56 (7 min mile pace) + 8 x 120 m strides over hurdles

routine mileage but i was told that i am being put into the 400m hurdles for the next round of the National Leagues and possibly the steeplechase so i needed to brush up on my technique. they went pretty well was rusty the first few but started to get back fairly quickly i am more worried about my fitness than my technique but still it only a once off to help out the club when i can. Legs little tired now but nothing too major still should be good for session tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

ecoli wrote: »
    Week 3 Day 3

8 mile in 56 (7 min mile pace) + 8 x 120 m strides over hurdles

routine mileage but i was told that i am being put into the 400m hurdles for the next round of the National Leagues and possibly the steeplechase so i needed to brush up on my technique.

Such a shame you can't make Saturday. As our coach for the day knows a thing or two about that event :D

Woddle wrote: »
    Such a shame you can't make Saturday. As our coach for the day knows a thing or two about that event :D

i know yeah unfortunately work till four followed by other commitments from 5till four the next morning so i have one hour to myself its just one of those weekends

Week 3 Day 4

3 mile warm up, 2x(10 x 400m) 2 min cycles with jog 400m after 1st Set
    target time 78 - 80 with 40-42 recovery + 6x120m over hurdles

times: Set 1 Set 2
    78 78
    79 78
    80 80
    80 79
    81* 80
    78 80
    78 79
    79 79
    78 78
    80 81*

Legs were fairly tight to begin from hurde drills last night so i didnt know how i was gonna fair up but as happy with how they went two slip ups but more a lapse of concentration rather than tiredness. Was a nice way to get back into sessions though i have a feeling that my legs will suffer tommorow but all in all was very happy

• Advertisement

Good to see you doing a session like that sounds tough, but shows the good steady mileage is providing you with strength. Well done man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Week 3 Day 4

3 mile warm up, 2x(10 x 400m) 2 min cycles with jog 400m after 1st Set
    target time 78 with 42 recovery + 6x120m over hurdles

times: Set 1 Set 2
    78 78
    79 78
    80 80
    80 79
    81* 80
    78 80
    78 79
    79 79
    78 78
    80 81*

Legs were fairly tight to begin from hurde drills last night so i didnt know how i was gonna fair up but as happy with how they went two slip ups but more a lapse of concentration rather than tiredness. Was a nice way to get back into sessions though i have a feeling that my legs will suffer tommorow but all in all was very happy

Thats a mental session:D

Great running though.

Week 3 Day 5

Rest Day

Decided that i am gonna wait for another two weeks to rid myself of the rest day especially with the hurdle work this week for the National Leagues and the races next week it i dont wanna go overboard too soon especially when here still a long way away till the XC season. My mindset has changes though where as i used to just accept rest days now i have a guilt any day i dont do something so hopefully this will continue and i can put in some serious training again once i get the National Leeagues out of the way

Week 3 Day 6&7

Day 6 30 min easy :6:50 pace

Day 7 Rest

It was a bad weekend in terms of training i had work both days and commitments Sat from five for the night which meant i could only get in a half hour. Wasnt happy about missing training but was only a once off and had to be done

Week 4 Day 1

6.5 mile in 45 : 6:55 pace roughly + 5x120 strides over hurdles

This is my easy week that i take once every 4 weeks helps the body to recover to prevent burning out and injury and allows to train hard the whole year around. Came at a perfect time with the National leagues second round this weekend and looking like i will have a tough time of it there as good possibilty tha i am doubing on the Sunday

Week 4 day 2

6 miles easyin 40 (6:40 mile pace)

Still part of my easy week and the hurdle work has definitely left me sore especially in hamstrings and calfs i think i will give the hurdle work a miss and just wait till the race at the weekend

Week 4 Day 3

45 min core workout

Keeping with tradition with me recovery week nothing to mad

Week 4 Day 4

6.5 miles in 45 min (6.50 mile pace)

Dying to get out and go mad on a run at this stage but i making sure that my runs are short for this recovery week my next one i will be higher mileage but for now just keep going the way i going. All this extra energy will hopefully hold out till the race at the weekend

Week 4 Day 5

7 mile in 50 (7.10 mile pace)

Quads were quite tight and didnt feel great at all had to stop at 30 to stretch for 5 min. Hopefully just put it down to lack of sleep and other factors to why i didnt feel great

• Advertisement

Week 4 Day 5

7 mile in 50 (7.10 mile pace)

Quads were quite tight and didnt feel great at all had to stop at 30 to stretch for 5 min. Hopefully just put it down to lack of sleep and other factors to why i didnt feel great

That was happening on my hour runs recently, Id have to stretch my calfs after 40 minutes, I thought i was getting it from a lack of consistent streching after training, and my sleep pattern was all over the place.

Advertisement