Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTC desire screen repair

Options
  • 23-02-2015 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a HTC desire 610 a couple of weeks back, it dropped in work and the screen broke on it. It cost me 179 to buy, the repairs place it was sent to has just sent me back a quote for 134 euro to fix it, is this par for the course or is it too dear? I have no experience in these situations, but can it be done cheaper then that?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it just the glass?

The screen is still displaying correctly?

If that price is for both and done by a registered repair centre its cheap.

You could always get a brand new phone for an extra €50 and hold that for for spare parts or sell it on/trade it in.

https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=htc+desire+610&section=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah sent it back to the three repair shop (phone bought from three)

The front screen was smashed but usable, the lcd screen was broke too though, could see the screen but it was certainly not working properly. The touch screen was not working properly either.

Do you know of any problems people have with repaired phones in this case then? Would I be better off just buying a new one since the cost difference is so small? As I said it was basically brand new so nothing really on it.

Would that site you linked buy the phone un repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

kryogen wrote: »
    I bought a HTC desire 610 a couple of weeks back, it dropped in work and the screen broke on it. It cost me 179 to buy, the repairs place it was sent to has just sent me back a quote for 134 euro to fix it, is this par for the course or is it too dear? I have no experience in these situations, but can it be done cheaper then that?

Hi

If you're in Dublin i can give you the name of a shop that fixed 2 610 desire screens for me last week @ €50 a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hi

If you're in Dublin i can give you the name of a shop that fixed 2 610 desire screens for me last week @ €50 a pop.

They worked perfectly?

Both the outer screen and inner need replacing I think

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

kryogen wrote: »
    They worked perfectly?

Both the outer screen and inner need replacing I think

Yeah they are both working fine no issues. Outer screen and inner both replaced (they come as one part afaik) both were not working at all before repair. Decent job done on them too so i was well happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 admiralreed

Hi

Do you have the name of that shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spuriosity

Do you have the name of that shop?

I would also like to know the name of the shop! Broken 610 screen here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

spuriosity wrote: »
    I would also like to know the name of the shop! Broken 610 screen here too.

I'm late to the party here but I'd be delighted with the name of the shop too..

Wife's 610 has a huge crack in it

Advertisement