Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New EPG coming to Sky+HD - Beta about to launch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

it was TV3 that caused ITV's to drop from the UPC EPG last year. They're back now though

TV3 are basically ITV Ireland
    Their content is so similar that they would never allow it on Sky, while they have some say over the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

why can't tv3 just go and get irish programming, the amount of uk and us content on tv3 and 3e is shocking, if they did that then they might add the itv's

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Anyone in Ireland gotten the new EPG update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

jc84 wrote: »
    why can't tv3 just go and get irish programming, the amount of uk and us content on tv3 and 3e is shocking, if they did that then they might add the itv's

'Go and get' Irish programming? Do you suggest they should show re-runs of old RTE programs such as the Riordans? Or should they commission brand new Irish productions? The latter course of action will be very expensive for them. The former will lose them many many viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Do TV3 have any say? Something must be happening for sky to show some interest in putting the ITV's on the epg.

• Advertisement

They asked me to take a similar survey asking if I'd take the HD pack at €7.50. Not sure whether any of these surveys ever come to anything.

Karsini wrote: »
    They asked me to take a similar survey asking if I'd take the HD pack at €7.50. Not sure whether any of these surveys ever come to anything.
    I did that one too. As you say they might come to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

If TV3 broadcast in HD I'd be sort of pleased and stop grumbling about itv not being on the epgfor a while anyway :p I'm not being sarky here but can someone here please tell me why they don't seem to have any interest in doing that? The itv programmes that are so precious to them are all in the format and although they always plead poverty surely hd should be a priority the way broadcasting is going.

I remember the last epg upgrade being a disaster for sky but I'm slightly surprised they actually learned from that. Hope samsung won't be the last to get the new epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

I wish Sky will do this quicker.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Anyone know if this has even started in Ireland yet, or on what sort of timescale it will happen? The latest update is causing me a few problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

brophs wrote: »
    Anyone know if this has even started in Ireland yet, or on what sort of timescale it will happen? The latest update is causing me a few problems.

the DRX 890 and 895 boxes will see the new EPG software soon enough....give it a bit of time folks - it is going to be a graded roll out in staggered form to ensure the least amount of issues :)

I see on the sky website it says utv is available but because they don't control it, it has to be tuned in manually. I think we might see it on the epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

jca wrote: »
    I see on the sky website it says utv is available but because they don't control it, it has to be tuned in manually. I think we might see it on the epg.

That has been on Sky Promotions since UTV went FTA

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Has anybodys Sky+ menus changed design today - just switched on Tv an hour ago to this new feature... an update must of been sent to my box? Can this happen even if box is not connected to phone line? i'm not that well up on Sky.
    thanks
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

mark17j wrote: »
    Has anybodys Sky+ menus changed design today - just switched on Tv an hour ago to this new feature... an update must of been sent to my box? Can this happen even if box is not connected to phone line? i'm not that well up on Sky.
    thanks
    Mark

No phone line connection needed - the update is done over the air via the dish - I haven't got the update yet - it will take a few months to roll out to everyone ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mark17j wrote: »
    thanks
    Mark

My Sky EPG has changed as of today. It looks pretty cool.

skyepg1.jpg

skyepg2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

exactly like mine, liking it so far, fonts are much neater and easier to see from afar too.
    My Sky EPG has changed as of today. It looks pretty cool.

skyepg1.jpg

skyepg2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

It looks neat. I hope I'll be lucky enough to get the update soon. Enjoy the new menus! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Really like it too especially when I pick for example the Docs section it asks me do I want to see the live channels, my recording, my on demand/anytime or search for something in the future... very nice.

Just a pity the card trick doesn't work anymore, not obsessed with ITV but still.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Its a very clean crisp epg i will say that - it could do with some more functionality but ive enjoyed using it myself over the last few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Bards

don;t know if this has been posted, but I stumbled across a promotion video for the new EPG on MySKY

http://www.sky.com/mysky/__flash/__templates/SKY_EPG_Picasso_pilot.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Bards wrote: »
    don;t know if this has been posted, but I stumbled across a promotion video for the new EPG on MySKY

http://www.sky.com/mysky/__flash/__templates/SKY_EPG_Picasso_pilot.mp4

It's on my sky anytime.

Same here :D...first year with Sky here at home yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Looking forward to gettin this epg...just wondering what areas of the country you lads are in to get an idea of where's getting it first.

Tardis wrote: »
    Looking forward to gettin this epg...just wondering what areas of the country you lads are in to get an idea of where's getting it first.

Me too, looks better then UPCs

• Registered Users Posts: 45,803 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Tardis wrote: »
    Its not being upgraded on a geographical basis but by box make and/or model or version number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

muffler wrote: »
    Its not being upgraded on a geographical basis but by box make and/or model or version number.

To subscribers only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Woodie40

To subscribers only?

To anyone with the applicable HD box

Advertisement