Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show: November 25th 2011

• 24-11-2011 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭

Micheal Martin
    Mary Byrne
    One Direction
    Nancy Dell'Olio
    The new Dragon off Dragons Den
    17 TDs and Senators singing their charity song 'Bridge over Troubled Water'

Ah no, come back - it'll be great craic, honestly ...

EDIT: And it's not Tubridy's last show. He was just making a little joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

No more DLB !! He just said on Derek Mooney that tomorrow night is his last LLS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Its his last he just announced he has had enough see ya tubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

shinny wrote: »
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Its his last he just announced he has had enough see ya tubs

It was a joke :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Derek Mooney taking over as new host :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm actually going to be in the audience for this one! Micheál Martin isn't terribly exciting though; I interviewed him just before the election. He was quite sound, very sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

I think it was a joke but so many people wants it to be true that it could spin out of control

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Skid wrote: »
    Micheal Martin
    Mary Byrne
    One Direction

A political leader, lets see if Tubridy can ask him a few tough questions, probably not.

Mary Byrne on before a couple of times, she must be releasing a new album.

And yet another boy band put together by record execs, so if you are a talented band that writes your own stuff and can play a few instruments struggling for that big break the answer from TLLS is seemingly go f*ck yourself. :mad:

pmct wrote: »
    I think it was a joke but so many people wants it to be true that it could spin out of control

I wonder is his joke resignation legally binding? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

It was a joke :(:(:(

It's been a joke for quite some time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I bet Noel Kelly was already on the phone to RTE negotiating his redundancy terms..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dlb was winding us up he should be fired twitter is on overload it was the best news heard all year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Dlb was winding us up he should be fired twitter is on overload it was the best news heard all year

Agreed, maybe he was testing the waters. I actually didn't hear him say it I was told that he had announced it. What a plonker. Derek Mooney (or his people) tweeted: Ryan Tubridy IS NOT leaving The Late Late Show!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm actually going to be in the audience for this one! Micheál Martin isn't terribly exciting though; I interviewed him just before the election. He was quite sound, very sharp.

Ah well, I hope they have a nice 'one for everyone in the audience' for you, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Agreed, maybe he was testing the waters. I actually didn't hear him say it I was told that he had announced it. What a plonker. Derek Mooney (or his people) tweeted: Ryan Tubridy IS NOT leaving The Late Late Show!

Ah ffs.. What am I gonna do with the "Bring back Ryan Tubridy" Facebook page I've just set up??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I really hope the audience are hostile to the traitor Martin

when he comes down the steps i hope there is silence for what his party did to this country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i'm taking over as host.

my first show will be 2 and a half hours of this.

i guarantee it'll be a hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Lol at the people who thought he was serious. Probably jizzed in their pants when they heard :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't think Ryan will be hosting the LLS next year. If Miriam O Callaghan gets it I will not watch it again.
    Don't think I will not be watching tomorrow night.

It's your last chance to support a dedicated Late Late Show Forum ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388759

Ah go on, give it a +1 ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Micheal Martin
    Mary ByrneOne Direction

EDIT: And it's not Tubridy's last show. He was just making a little joke.

Brendan Grace last week and now his female equivalent this week!

Various politicians will be performing their new charity song Bridge Over Troubled Water in aid of Pieta House, a suicide awareness organisation on the LLS tonight. Some more details on it here

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1114/1224307526693.html

It's an excellent cause. But you would wonder if it is wise for Government TDs to be singing that particular song a few weeks before the most savage Budget of all time. The lyrics might come back to haunt them when they are making Social Welfare changes which will attack the weakest people in the country
    When you're weary
    Feeling small
    When tears are in your eyes
    I will dry them all

I'm on your side
    When times get rough
    And friends just can't be found
    Like a bridge over troubled water
    I will lay me down
    It will be interesting to see who turns up. If I was a Government TD I think I would find somewhere else to be tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I really hope the audience are hostile to the traitor Martin

when he comes down the steps i hope there is silence for what his party did to this country
    The Late Late Show audience is always packed with Fianna Fail stooges when a member of the party appears as a guest.

Expect Martin to get a rapturous welcome. Also expect Ryan to ignore that Martin was in the cabinet, not in opposition, during the lifetime of the last government.

As for the Mary Byrne one. She appeared as a contestant on a terrible talent show that she didn't even come close to winning. Now this is at least her third time to appear as a guest on the Late Late Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Late Late Show audience is always packed with the Fianna Fail stooges Walking Dead when a member of the party appears as a guest.

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

They are not just in the audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mr. K wrote: »
    Enjoy the show Mr. K ! We expect to hear all about your LLS audience experience on Saturday morning, bright and early!

Looking for something to watch after tonights show?

The LLS finishes at 2345 - At 2350 switch over to BBC2 for Later with Jools - Noel Gallagher is on it, performing three songs :) And a decent supporting line up too ...
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds perform 'AKA... What A Life!', 'If I Had A Gun...' and 'The Death Of You And Me' (with a 3-piece brass section) tonight on UK's 'Later... With Jools Holland'. Noel also joins Jools at the piano for an interview.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bjork, Gillian Welch, Michael Kiwanuka and Spector also feature on the show. Check it out from 23:50 on BBC2

Looking for something to watch after tonights show?

The LLS finishes at 2345 - At 2350 switch over to BBC2 for Later with Jools - Noel Gallagher is on it, performing three songs :) And a decent supporting line up too ...
    That is brilliant, thanks for letting us know Skid, I'm loving Noel's new album :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Oh no, not interested in Mary Byrne on LLS or Robin Williams on Graham Norton either. Should have gone out, I think.

• Advertisement

Italian property lawyer Nancy Dell'Olio will appear on the show to discuss her time on "Strictly Come Dancing". Nancy is a former girlfriend of Sven-Göran Eriksson.

Advertisement