Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland u20 6 Nations & World Cup 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Anyone know if next weeks' match against the French can be viewed anywhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

amtw wrote: »
    Anyone know if next weeks' match against the French can be viewed anywhere.
    rte.ie
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/live.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37 easyeas

Rumour has it Barry daly broke his hand on Friday night and had surgery on it so I presume he's out for the rest of the 6 nations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

When he was in Roscrea he had members of the Connacht coaching team up to him every week

No he didn't and I was there when he was.

He played for Leinster u18's with Paddy Finn and represented Ireland u18's as a Leinster player.

The only coaching that Connacht came up to give their Roscrea players was gym work in the evenings, which to be fair was very good of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Can you explain to a total non-techie if it is possible to record the web-only U20's match or can it only be watched live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

easyeas wrote: »
    Rumour has it Barry daly broke his hand on Friday night and had surgery on it so I presume he's out for the rest of the 6 nations

Broke his thumb yeh, when making a strong tackle on Luke Morgan. Finn will probably replace him.

Hagz wrote: »

Broke his thumb yeh, when making a strong tackle on Luke Morgan. Finn will probably replace him.

Finn on the bench at most I'd say
    Farrell go 13 and then horan wing

Or marsh go 10 Jackson go 12 hanrahan go wing? Hanrahan played there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Finn on the bench at most I'd say
    Farrell go 13 and then horan wing

Or marsh go 10 Jackson go 12 hanrahan go wing? Hanrahan played there last year

Would it not be a bit of a waste of Hanrahan's playmaking abilities putting him on the wing?

I expect Finn to replace him tbh, if he's as good as he's supposed to be. Horan was very disappointing against Wales.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

amtw wrote: »
    Can you explain to a total non-techie if it is possible to record the web-only U20's match or can it only be watched live.

Don't think so, I am not 100% sure if they do it for web only broadcasts but I'd say it there is will most likely be up on RTE player a few hours later for repeat viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Although Horan was very disappointing versus Wales, I believe some of it may come down to being starstruck playing in front of the cameras'.

If rumours are to be believed, he made Brendan Macken look amateur not too long ago when Landsdowne played Blackrock. Although if he is to progress he'd want to perform when it counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    Although Horan was very disappointing versus Wales, I believe some of it may come down to being starstruck playing in front of the cameras'.

If rumours are to be believed, he made Brendan Macken look amateur not too long ago when Landsdowne played Blackrock. Although if he is to progress he'd want to perform when it counts.

That could be the case. Young players looking for a career in the pro game trying too hard to impress. Players like Horan who are not in an academy would be under a little more pressure to impress. Horan started the match well from what I can remember.

There'll probably be changes alright. Ruddock likes to rotate his squad.

Finn and Higgins replacing Cawley in the squad from what I've heard.

Saw this on des merreys twitter page after cian healy gave him a mention after the under 20s game on Friday

http://www.mycharity.ie/fundPageTemplateX.php?urlRef=des_merreys_event2

Fair play to him helping a good cause

Saw this on des merreys twitter page after cian healy gave him a mention after the under 20s game on Friday

http://www.mycharity.ie/fundPageTemplateX.php?urlRef=des_merreys_event2

Fair play to him helping a good cause

It's not like it's new to him
    pVGBTtbEZSSnEA7IxepTZQ..a?ts=LuFTGJFf-UTNXJjWkSXAgw..a

Just kidding, good cause and well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

I thought that JJ Hanrahan was absolutely brilliant, a real prospect I think. Is it true he comes from the same village in Kerry called Currow, where Mick Galwey, and the great Mossie Keane comes from.

I thought that JJ Hanrahan was absolutely brilliant, a real prospect I think. Is it true he comes from the same village in Kerry called Currow, where Mick Galwey, and the great Mossie Keane comes from.

Yeah hes from there, a Kerryman!

Interestingly his performance has drawn alot of attention. He played well but he was sensational against England last year and it hardly got a mention because Ireland got hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

yeah the commentator's the last night mentioned that. Hope he can break through to the Munster first 15. A brilliant kicker aswell, saw him play for UL Bohs, and Setanta a few years ago playing for Rockwell I think. In fairness they would have won by alot more the last night if he was kicking.

Ireland Under - 20 Team (v France Under - 20, RBS 6 Nations, Stade Des Alpes, Grenoble - February 11th, 14.15 GMT)

15 Shane Layden (Buccaneers - Connacht)
    14 Conor Finn (Buccaneers - Connacht)
    13 Chris Farrell (Dungannon - Ulster)
    12 JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohemian - Munster)
    11 Sam Coghlan - Murray (UCD - Leinster)
    10 Paddy Jackson (Dungannon - Ulster) (C)
    9 Luke McGrath (UCD - Leinster)
    1 Kyle McCall (Ballynahinch - Ulster)
    2 Niall Scannell (Dolphin - Munster)
    3 Peter Reilly (Lansdowne - Leinster)
    4 Iain Henderson (QUB - Ulster)
    5 Daniel Qualter (Buccaneers - Connacht)
    6 Conor Gilsenan (UCD - Leinster)
    8 Jack Conan (Old Belvedere - Leinster)
    7 Aaron Conneely (Corinthians - Connacht)

Replacements:
    16 Des Merrey (Clontarf - Leinster)
    17 James Rael (Garryowen - Munster)
    18 Diarmuid Higgins (Buccaneers - Connacht)
    19 Tadhg Beirne (Lansdowne - Leinster)
    20 Jordan Coughlan (UCD - Leinster)
    21 Kieran Marmion (Corinthians - Connacht)
    22 Cathal Marsh (Dublin University - Leinster)
    23 Foster Horan (Lansdowne - Leinster)

A few changes made. Finn, McGrath and Farrell come in to start. Higgins replaces the injured Cawley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

Looks like a stronger team than last time. Looking forward to seeing how they go cause I think this group is a lot better than they showed against Wales. Huge potential in that backline

• Registered Users Posts: 5 s0lomon

Several degrees below zero round-the-clock in Grenoble. Anyone hear anything about the match being postponed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

mick doyle and his brother also from there

On tomoro at 3 French time I've herd

Is this game going to be televised at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Hagz wrote: »
    Is this game going to be televised at all?

Think it is just on the Web, RTE showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

Thanos wrote: »
    Think it is just on the Web, RTE showing it

That'll do, nice one.

Maybe the Irish team needed that game last week to shake off the rustiness. The French didn't play last week so thats one advantage Ireland have.

3-0 to France, early penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cork exile in london

link is not working is it only in ireland it works?

That's possible, it doesn't say that but it's working fine for me.

Some stupid mistakes early on, France scrum looks strong and Jackson has just kicked the ball out after it was passed back into the 22.

• Advertisement

Poor start from Jackson. Putting the team under pressure.

Yes only in Ireland.

Advertisement