Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€20,000 treble. the return of the one bet challenge!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Well the cricket was a major anti climax. Both India and Australia won the toss, but both decided to bowl first. Shame Sri Lanka and South Africa didn't have the same approach.

Anyway, Aus changed their batting order for the game so Warner is a major long shot now.... Kholi picked up about 30 runs so is still hanging in there.

Like most of my other bets this season, the new accumulator got off to a good start.

QPR are now favourites for bottom place after a miserable defeat to Palace while Burnley and Leicester both picked up points.

Burton stretched their lead at the top, but both Morton and Nashville drifted a bit over the weekend.

Here are the updated odds:

April
    QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> 2.5
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 2.2

Morton to win Scottish L1: @ 2.5 -> 2.62
    Nashville West conf winners: @ 6.5 -> 7.0

Accumalated odds: 178.75 -> 100.87

March
    Kohli Top Batsman @ 8.5 -> 26.0
    Swansea Top 10 @ 1.57 -> 1.25
    Ipswich Top 6 @ 1.44 -> 2.2
    Carlisle relegation @ 7.0 -> 7.0

Total Odds: 134.5 -> 500.0 ! (Clutching at straws!)

Well... The straws I was clutching on to have been dropped now that Kohli scored a miserable 3 runs early this morning. Awful!

So, barring a miracle from Warner, it leaves me with only one accumulator remaining - the April one (and it isn't even April yet!)

It's got off to a pretty good start although the Nashville Predators are in horrendous form. They need to improve before the playoffs start in April.Nice to see Burton Albion come from 1-0 and a man down to win 2-1 last night.

Here are the latest odds for this last chance saloon. Wish me luck!

April

QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> 2.5
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 1.91

Morton to win Scottish L1: @ 2.5 -> 2.88
    Nashville West conf winners: @ 6.5 -> 7.5

Total odds: 178.75 -> 103.14

This April accumulator is starting to look interesting!

Burton won easily against Tranmere to stay 5 points clear with 8 games to go.

Morton came from 1-0 down to win 2-1 with goals in the 90th and 92nd minutes! That could be a big moment for them, although they were home to the team sitting 2nd bottom.

While Leicester and Burnley both lost, QPR failed to capitalise and lost at home to Everton today too. They are still three points clear of Leicester who have a game in hand, but are favourites to finish bottom.

Nashville picked up their first home win in six with a 3-0 win, and have hopefully ended their bad spell.

Here are the odds

April
    QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> 2.25
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 1.73

Morton to win Scottish L1: @ 2.5 -> 2.75

Total odds: 178.75 -> 80.28

That means the odds have more than halved already. This is more like it!

Pretty good day again!

Nashville are in flying form - they've won 4 in a row with the last three away to top sides.

Morton won 4-0 away although their two main rivals also won. I reckon the league will go down to the last day.

The only blot was Shrewsbury and Wycombe both winning to close the gap on Burton who play on Monday.

April
    QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> 2.25
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 1.73

Morton to win Scottish L1: @ 2.5 -> 2.38

Total odds: 178.75 -> 69.48

Getting shorter every week!

Not a great weekend for results. QPR picked up a great win away to WBA, but thankfully Leicester (win) and Burnley (draw) also picked up points.

Burton's lead has gone from 5 points to 1 point and Shrewsbury are in fine form, with probably the easier run in of the two.

Morton lost at home to Brchin and are now 4 points behind the eaders with 4 games to go. This is not good!

Not confident with this bet now at all... Anyway, here are the updated odds.

April
    QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> 2.75
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 2.15

Morton to win Scottish L1: @ 2.5 -> 5.5

Total odds: 178.75 -> 243.89

• Advertisement

Interesting day for the bet today. Leicester were 1-0 and 2-1 down away to WBA but scored an injury time winner to win 3-2.

Burton scored with 10 mins to go away to Luton to win 1-0 and stay top by 1 point.

Morton were 2-0 down with 15 mins to go but won 3-2! They are still third but it is tight at the top!

Nashville lost their last 5 games are in horrible form going into the playoffs, but crucially they secured home advantage...

Looking forward to the odds update on Monday even if this is still a big massive longshot!

Another late goal to round off the weekend to an all round positive. Chelsea scoring in the 88th minute against QPR...

Very surprised to see Morton's odds still out at 5.5 despite their win, and the loss for Stranraer.

Nashville lost for the 6th game in a row and are in horrible form going into the playoffs. Still, I may as well follow this bet as it's the last of the season.

April
    QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> 2.1
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 1.8

Nashville West conf winners: @ 6.5 -> 8.0

Total odds: 178.75 -> 166.32

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

chompdown wrote: »
    Another late goal to round off the weekend to an all round positive. Chelsea scoring in the 88th minute against QPR...

Very surprised to see Morton's odds still out at 5.5 despite their win, and the loss for Stranraer.

Nashville lost for the 6th game in a row and are in horrible form going into the playoffs. Still, I may as well follow this bet as it's the last of the season.

April
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 1.8

Total odds: 178.75 -> 166.32

Enjoyed following your progress this season - pity they haven't seemed to work out. Am thinking ill set aside some cash to do a couple of these longer term bets next year.

Where do you recommend starting?

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Enjoyed following your progress this season - pity they haven't seemed to work out. Am thinking ill set aside some cash to do a couple of these longer term bets next year.

Where do you recommend starting?

All I do is check through oddscheker.com for markets I have a fleeting interest in, and pick out selections that are standout price with my bookie Coral, who anyway tend to pretty generous with some selections on some of their long term markets.

I just follow the value prices and nothing else like my own opinion comes into it...

Its great to keep you interested without having to put a bet on every week (or every day as it used to be the case for me).

I think I will do the same next year but perhaps lower the potential winnings. &€20 is a bit ambitious!

Ok, time for a quick update to reflect Shrewsbury and Wycombe both dropping points last night. Burton play Carlisle tonight. Nashville also get their playoffs underway today...

April
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> 1.4

Total odds: 178.75 -> 129.36

Morton are in third, 3 points off the top with three games to play. They are still to play second place away, which is obviously a must win. The team in top has two of their last three games away.

• Advertisement

A truly miserable night for Nashville as they blew a 3-0 lead at home to lose 4-3 in the second period of overtime. That is a truly horrible way to lose, and it will be hard for them to come back from that mentally. They are now 1-0 down. It's best of 7.

Burton needed a 99th minute goal to draw at home to Carlisle. They are now two points clear of Shrewsbury.

Outlook: bleak.

The highs and lows of this betting game continue... Nashville beat Chicago 6-2 to tie the QF of the Playoffs at 1-1. The next two games will be in Chicago. Great for them to come back and win like that after the miserable 4-3 loss in game 1.

Burton and Shrewsbury both won, so Burton remain 2 points clear with two games to go, but have a poorer goal difference, so two wins will probably be required.

Another team who now have it back in their hands is Morton. After it looking very bad for them a couple of weeks ago, they now know that if they win their last two games they will almost certainly be league winners. The away game to Stranraer is next week and that's massive.

Finally, QPR didn't play today, but Leicester and Burnley did. Leicester won for the third time in a row, while Burnley were beaten away to Everton.

The outlook is defo better after todays games! Will be a very interesting odds update on Sunday evening / Monday morning :)

Just wanted to give a final update on this thread. This final bet was the closest to coming off. Actually, it was very close :(

April

QPR finish bottom of Prem: @ 4.0 -> WIN
    Burton to win League Two: @ 2.75 -> WIN

Morton to win Scottish L1: @ 2.5 -> WIN
    Nashville West conf winners: @ 6.5 -> LOSE

Total odds: 178.75 -> LOSE

Nashvillew ere beaten in the quarter final of the playoffs by Chicago, who went on to win the western conference. They are about to win the Stanley Cup now.The games v Nashville were very close, wth acouple being won in overtime. I reckon, had Nashville beaten Chocago, this bet would have been a winner :(

Reminder:
    Accumulated odds: 178.75
    Stake: £95
    Potential winnings: €24k

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Will you be having a go this year?

I think you've spurred me to get involved with this type of longer term bet rather than just playing with fire (instant accumulators).

Will start looking at a few samples the weekend.

Hey Lombardo, yeah I think I will be getting involved again this season.

I've actually just started scanning oddschecker for a few options.

I love the top goalscorer market, especially the lower leagues, but it's hard to know what to go for until the squads are close to being finalised. There are always some strange loan moves.

Im still proud of my Danny Ings bet when he was an unknown in the Championsjip :)

Will post my bests here, or on a new thread for sure!

Would be good to have some company this year :)

Advertisement