Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Newsroom [HBO - Spoilers]

1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As finale's go, I thought that was quite a good one. The sing song was very self indulgent and out of place. Not a little, a lot. But I enjoyed everything else and saw it as a fitting way to end the show.

I'm clearly in the minority so. I liked it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Agreeing with those who said it was mediocre, you got to laugh at how righteous they got about Truitt not treating women employees equally and then watch how the same people go and promote their friends and lovers instead of actually giving everyone a fair chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ixoy wrote: »
    Agreeing with those who said it was mediocre, you got to laugh at how righteous they got about Truitt not treating women employees equally and then watch how the same people go and promote their friends and lovers instead of actually giving everyone a fair chance.

It was Truitt who promoted her though, not any of her friends or Will. The whole point of the women equality spiel to Truitt was to sort of guilt him into promoting Mackenzie, who deserved it.

It was Truitt who promoted her though, not any of her friends or Will. The whole point of the women equality spiel to Truitt was to sort of guilt him into promoting Mackenzie, who deserved it.
    I'm not talking about that promotion. I'm talking about Mackenzie immediately promoting her friend Jim (after asking her pal Don) and then Jim, in turn, immediately looking to promote the woman he sleeps with. This is the sort of things employee equality trials love.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The finale made me go back and rewatch the pilot - still think Will's speech at the college was great

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The finale made me go back and rewatch the pilot - still think Will's speech at the college was great
    If only Sorkin was able to keep capturing those sort of moments. He could do an excellent rant as well as some interesting debates.

One other thing - thought Jeff Daniels was excellent in this episode. Fitting that his final performance here was one of his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm not talking about that promotion. I'm talking about Mackenzie immediately promoting her friend Jim (after asking her pal Don) and then Jim, in turn, immediately looking to promote the woman he sleeps with. This is the sort of things employee equality trials love.

Jim trying to promote Maggie, fair enough. But Mackenzie trying to promote Don (who had that job before her) and then promoting Jim (who was the Senior producer under her) both make perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Contrary to what most people here seem to think, I thought it was an excellent episode, and a great end to the series.

One of my favourite shows of the past few years; such a shame to see it end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I dunno, are people down on Jeff Daniels too? I thought he always put forth a great effort with whatever he was given consistently during the show's run. He really owned the Will character. Maybe it was all because they were drinking the Sorkin Kool Aid, but I thought you could say the same about most actors in the show. They seemed committed to the project.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Finally got to catch up with the final season. Sad that it's finished now and that it only had 6 episodes. It was a good season but not as good as the first two. Was kind of cool seeing how up-to-date Sorkin seems to be with social media and the state of news reporting nowadays, especially the references to how much work some sites like 4chan put into trying to help with finding the Boston bomber. Charlie's death was unexpected and badly done though, he was probably my favourite character and it seems like it wasn't done well. Definitely agree with the post about the sing song being out of place, you just have to laugh about it though.

Also, once again, struggled to keep track of what's going on when Sloan/Olivia Munn was on screen because of how fuking hot she is. Plus those fappening pics and what she said on them kept playing over in my head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement