Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mobile wifi in kells area

Options
  • 30-08-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here uses mobile wifi device in kells area? Have just moved to kells and nobody I know has mobile device - have heard that Meteor is not really good? No wifi in my house - I'd say if I watch netflix with a mobile device my data will eaten up quick :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

I lived in Kells for many years and no wi fi broadband worked for me. The only broadband option that did work was Eircom broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

well if they can get eircom wired broadband then they can get sky instead but it'll be 42 a month and a 12 month contract. Maybe the op might get lucky and get a 6months free or half price offer.
    As for wireless, well 3 works a bit (3miles outside Kells) but its up and down speedwise and the range is crap, you nearly need to stand beside it. I'm afraid it may be the case for all wireless. The incoming signal may be better in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Parents used my O2 wireless dongle for a few weeks and it worked fine. That was 2 miles outside Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

02 wifi works fine for me. Eircom were going around the estates about 3 weeks ago offering their 6 months offer

Advertisement