Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brian Cowen featured/laughed at on Jay Leno

• 27-09-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Not going to lie, I hate Leno but I had a chuckle. Not so much at the "joke" itself, but because for once he's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

liah wrote: »
    Not going to lie, I hate Leno but I had a chuckle. Not so much at the "joke" itself, but because for once he's right.

"Its so nice to know we are not the only country with drunked morons." Its so true its funny ;)

I'm still mystified as to how Cowen became Taoiseach tbh. I was only in Ireland for 2 years and that was after the damage was done.

Seriously, how do people get appointed in this country? Random draw in a pub? :confused:

(legitimate question for the record though, I really have no idea at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that's embarrassing!!

liah wrote: »
    I'm still mystified as to how Cowen became Taoiseach tbh. I was only in Ireland for 2 years and that was after the damage was done.

Seriously, how do people get appointed in this country? Random draw in a pub? :confused:

We have drinking contests and whoever is standing last wins!!!

• Advertisement

DonJose wrote: »
    We have drinking contests and whoever is standing last wins!!!

The worst part is at this stage that wouldn't even surprise me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Time to go Mr. Cowen. Although we don't have much to be proud of these days, please do the decent thing for once & allow us to hold our heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nice one Brian, nice to be an international joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

This'll be on the news later...

Panda wrote: »
    This'll be on the news later...

Its already featured on Newstalk.ie

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/breakfast/us-talk-show-mocks-taoiseach/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Jay Leno sucks. Conan O'Brien has been making fun of us for ages. His jokes are funnier too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Biggins strikes again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Thread Merge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea. Not funny.

Jay leno cant make any jokes funny, his jaw scares me too much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A new, popular group on Facebook these days....

"Lets all go out tonight and get absolutely taoiseach'd!"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Christ, at least Bertie looked respectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

What was on Leno is no great suprise to be honest, he insults people all the time. Everyone is overreacting. If Cowen wants to drink let him drink. We love alcohol in this country he is not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The difference is though, we dont become drunken morons after 3 small cans of light beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The difference is though, we dont become drunken morons after 3 small cans of light beer.

He was flooring the Guinness Mickey boy. He was on the razz big time. Sure he's a big man it would take more than 3 light cans of beer to get him drunk.

Everyone in the country is saying themselves.."Thank god it was Brian Cowen that could have been me". People need to leave the man alone and let him enjoy himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If i could thank that post with the videos in it I would - my cheeks actually hurt from laughing

Advertisement