Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest type of people to deal with

• 26-07-2010 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I recently had to buy a part for my car and as it is an old enough car it made no sense to buy the part new as the price of it was neary half that of the car. I rang around about 15 car dismantlers looking for the part and i have to say they seem to be the rudest/most ignorant bunch of people i have ever dealt with as a whole. who do you think as a group are the rudest people to deal with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The rudest people are often those who are ignorant on a particular topic but proceed to talk about it as if they were an expert.....

Often seen to frequent AH threads late into the night and best avoided at all costs!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Where do you work? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Customers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Stereotypical generalisation based on personal experience: Northern Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Counter staff in the public service.

And childrens entertainers.

And proctologists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

viztopia wrote: »
    I recently had to buy a part for my car and as it is an old enough car it made no sense to buy the part new as the price of it was neary half that of the car. I rang around about 15 car dismantlers looking for the part and i have to say they seem to be the rudest/most ignorant bunch of people i have ever dealt with as a whole. who do you think as a group are the rudest people to deal with?

beggars. "no smokes? fcuk ye and anyway ye fcukin prick"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

white South Africans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

caseyann wrote: »
    Where do you work? :D

he tells you where he works, then you start about that particular profession. we know your modus operandi. do you not have a billy goat to be eating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

diplomats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Customers

Cnutomers

• Advertisement

genericguy wrote: »
    he tells you where he works, then you start about that particular profession. we know your modus operandi. do you not have a billy goat to be eating?
    Am i not giving you enough attention,dont be jealous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

loobylou wrote: »
    white South Africans.

Agreed. I also find them to have very negative attitudes. All I ever hear from them is "you can't do this, you can't do that" etc. So I call them "South African can'ts".

• Parents are, by far, the rudest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

The rudest people are the older street hookers.
    I know they are in high demand because of their wealth of experience but come on,
    Little attention to detail.
    No customer support.
    High inflated prices.
    Little intrest in their paying customers, just want to get rid of you to get to the next customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

viztopia wrote: »

There are lots of part finder websites online. http://www.partfinder.ie/ is a fairly decent one... basically, you fill in what you are looking for & you'll get an e-mail to tell you which dismantlers have the part you are looking for. It cuts out a lot of telephoning around.

That is by no means the only website, but it's the only one I've used & found it pretty handy.

Also, I've never had any problems with dismantlers. The rudest type of people I've had to deal with are from no particular sector or business type - you get assholes in all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

prinz wrote: »
    Stereotypical generalisation based on personal experience: Northern Irish.

I'd agree with this, dealing with people from the Narth is a pain at times, they dont seem to grasp the concept that political issues aside, as far as the company I work for is concerned, they live in another country.

loobylou wrote: »
    white South Africans.

Why did you call them white south Africans? So if i say i find black south Africans the rudiest its ok.Funny i find individuals Rude and ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

From working in retails

Middle aged, well to do women.
    Out spending their husbands money and meeting for coffee with the girls

"Did you need a college degree for that job?, I know my rights!" they sneer at the law students behind the counter while they haven't worked in 20 years since they got married!

Rich people are sound, I dealt with many including some well known developers in hotels.

It's people who think they are rich that are the worst. Not used to money
    One good thing about the recession...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Middle aged Northern Irish women. Henceforth known as Prod Bítches, I don't care what side of the divide you are from, if you are rude to me you are automatically a Prod Bítch.

White South Africans. The song "I've never met a nice South African" comes to mind.

Edit, keyboard warriors, also find them quite rude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

pithater1 wrote: »
    Middle aged Northern Irish women. Henceforth known as Prod Bítches, I don't care what side of the divide you are from, if you are rude to me you are automatically a Prod Bítch.

People with huge tar brushes. They're usually fairly rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Im gonna have to say the Eastern Europeans, the Pole's in particular. I dont think most of them mean to be ignorant, but they do across as ignorant. An example is phrases like 'Can I have that when you're finished please?' are generally rearranged to something like 'Give me that now'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Counter staff in the public service.

For me it's the opposite. Having worked in a county council I've had to deal with some of the most rude, obnoxious and demanding people I've ever come across.

And that's before going into being threatened.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

pithater1 wrote: »
    White South Africans. The song "I've never met a nice South African" comes to mind.

Indeed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm going to be crucified for this but middle aged African women are the rudest people i've dealt with.

I work at a deli counter and whenever a middle aged african women comes up and just goes "i want chips" in the grumpiest way possible. When i give them what they asked for they look at it and just walk off without any please or thank you.

For some reason all the middle aged african women i serve are like this. All African men and younger women are much nicer but for some reason the middle aged women are a nightmare to deal with.

All staff who are on the phones,if they are trying to get you to buy something or sign up for something they kiss your butt,but if you owe money could be even just 20 euro on a bill they get nasty.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'm going to be crucified for this but middle aged African women are the rudest people i've dealt with.

I work at a deli counter and whenever a middle aged african women comes up and just goes "i want chips" in the grumpiest way possible. When i give them what they asked for they look at it and just walk off without any please or thank you.

For some reason all the middle aged african women i serve are like this. All African men and younger women are much nicer but for some reason the middle aged women are a nightmare to deal with.

Have also noticed that, 9 times out of ten one of them doesn't seem to have the ability to ask in a polite manner like the rest of us do and resort to bellowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Why did you call them white south Africans? So if i say i find black south Africans the rudiest its ok.Funny i find individuals Rude and ignorant.

i find trolls the rudest to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Skangers and loaded aul wans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

So say you met 10 South Africans, 5 who were white and 5 who were black. If the 5 white people were quiet ignorant, and the 5 five black people were quiet friendly, how would you differenciate them when describing it to someone eles?

Theres nothing wrong with saying what colour/race someone is when giving a discription of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement