Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CoD EPL Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Balfie wrote: »

After some tweaks an playing my wildcard already, I've come to this team, an possibly won't change it. I didn't change much last season an came 1st between me an my mates,

Strong lil team I have here, an hope to do well

Not sure but i heard there were free transfers this week over the sever fu^king up , nice team .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Balfie wrote: »
    300883_10150259352322984_739182983_7505905_762707_n.jpg

After some tweaks an playing my wildcard already, I've come to this team, an possibly won't change it. I didn't change much last season an came 1st between me an my mates,

Strong lil team I have here, an hope to do well

Fantasy Premier League - An Apology

A statement has been issued regarding the Fantasy Premier League game.

As some of you are aware, many fans trying to access Fantasy Premier League on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning will have experienced problems logging in or registering teams prior to the Gameweek 1 deadline.

While the demand reached unprecedented levels on Saturday morning, we fell short of the standards you expect from the world's biggest fantasy football game and make no excuses for what was both a frustrating and disappointing experience ahead of the new season. For this we apologise unreservedly.

Technical Issue

Our technical teams have been working throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users are dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

‪1. Receive unlimited transfers
    No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you have already made transfers and had points deducted, these will be restored to your overall total by midnight on Tuesday 16th August 2011. If you have already opted to play your wildcard, this too will be restored at the same time.

‪2. Opt to start mini-league scoring at Gameweek 2
    The option is available to all mini-league administrators to start the scoring from Gameweek 2. Go to 'Leagues' > 'League name' > 'Administer' > Select 'Gameweek 2' in 'Scoring Starts' drop-down menu and click 'Update league details'.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2421213,00.html

-

Leaderboard after Matchday 1 -

zybyag.png

I'll edit the OP with the above table after every matchday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

BOL

LOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

For everyone behind me in the league ... for shame!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Leeg17 wrote: »
    For everyone behind me in the league ... for shame!

Well the points haven't fully updated yet so when they do....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fantasy Premier League - An Apology

I just went to make a few transfers there and it says they will deduct points for them. Do they restore the points at midnight on Tuesday for that or is that just for transfers already made? I thought they would just allow the transfers for free a la pre-gameweek 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I just went to make a few transfers there and it says they will deduct points for them. Do they restore the points at midnight on Tuesday for that or is that just for transfers already made? I thought they would just allow the transfers for free a la pre-gameweek 1

I think any transfers made before Gameweek 2 starts that cause points deductions will be refunded.

Whoever is last gets booted off the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Whoever is last gets booted off the island.

Are you sure thats not the winning prize?? getting off this island??

Just revamped my team a good bit with the free transfers!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Are you sure thats not the winning prize?? getting off this island??

Just revamped my team a good bit with the free transfers!

If I were talking about Ireland, yeah :pac:

Yeah, edited my team a decent bit. Not wholesale changes but there are some made. Not happy with my bench. Key to doing well in the long run is having a good bench. 2 Newcastle players and a couple of Swansea players.

Incase people of forgotten or haven't heard. Free transfers are still in play before the deadline tomorrow which is 11.30am.

I have changed my team soooo many times its ridiculous!!! Like i'd say I've made 15-20 transfers coz I cant make up my mind!

Wish this week 2 farce never happened! :D

Internet went last night and this morning so I made no changes,this week will be a write off.

OP Updated as well *

Leaderboard after Matchday 2 -

f5apky.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Oh there I am. :D

Climb that ladder monty.

I had a pretty horrid week! only united that saved me really!! think of using my wildcard already!

never done a EPLFF before so dont really have a strategy! Just go with it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Had a sh1te week, nothing went right for me. Bottom of the league now

• Advertisement

Bump.

Footy is back this weekend incase anyone didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

it would appear im on top of the table

Why did i swap Kun for Dzeko

facepalm

Shammy wrote: »
    Why did i swap Kun for Dzeko

facepalm

Did the same. Hold me :(

I'll create a thread and a league if there is enough interest.

Champions League Fantasy Football -

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

Just get your team in asap before the deadline, 7PM or 7.30PM today. Sorry for the short time frame, actually slipped my mind till today.

____

Also, I still want clarification as to who people are in the EPL league be it in here or via PM. My concern about prizes is coming to the fore now. Tbf, I only want to give the points/cards to those who have regularly contributed to the COD forum and have entered from beginning. That has always been my mindset as some can testify too, both on Twitter and Skype.

Struggling to pick a decent team this year and I know the early russian kickoff times are gonna catch me out again.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Struggling to pick a decent team this year and I know the early russian kickoff times are gonna catch me out again.

Usually catches me out once every year. I'll try and remind everyone beforehand. Russian matches will be on every 2nd week anyway, so their home games are next gameweek.

Champions League FF league code is : 1197-29738

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

Didnt get time to look over it , picked a quick team ....doesnt look good :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Joined. Jeez my team has been rushed. Still hoping my strike force will do the buz. :D

Do you you get to change your team at KO stages or how does that work? Or do you pick the players basically who have the best chance on going all the way having the odd player from a team who could surprise that could be transferred out easily.

Advertisement