Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranges offering larger bore shooting

• 08-06-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've done a bit of shooting with a .22 but would like to try shooting targets with a larger bore rifle. Is there anywhere in the country where you can shoot larger guns on a longer range?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The only long range range in the country is the MNSCI (Midlands) in Tullamore, Offaly. They cover every caliber and all distances from 10 yards to 1,200 yards. Details below.

|
    MNSCI (Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland)
    |
    Location | Derrymore, Tullamore, Offaly |
    GPS Co-Ordinates | Lat : 53.285442, Long : -7.486653 |
    Website | www.nationalshootingcentre.ie |
    Contact Nos. | 086 8232641 , 087 0977589
    Contact E-mail(s) | jpcraven@eircom.net |
    First Yr Fee | €600 |
    Annual Fee | €300 |
    Student / OAP | €165 Annual Renewal, €300 (1st Yr), |
    Mature Students | TBC |
    Disciplines | 10 - 25 yd pistol, 25 yd zero, 50 yd BR, 50 yd ISSF, 50 mtr Sporting, 100 - 300 yd Sheltered, 100 - 600 Windmill, 800 - 1,200 Creedmoor, Clays - DTL, Sporting, Skeet, ABT |
    Facilities | Registered Firearm Dealer, Shop, Clubhouse, Cafe, Armory, Reloading Facilities, Tuition, Competency Courses, Gunsmith(s), Restrooms, Wheelchair access throughout |
    Opening Hours | Wed - Fri by Appointment Only , Sat 9:30am - 4:30pm, Sun 9:30 - 3:30, Closed Mon & Tue. |
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

An Riocht in Kerry goes out to 300m I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I think the op wants to 'rent' a caliber larger than 22LR - think you're out of luck on that front I'm afraid.

Advertisement