Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which is best iPhone 4 or Experia S

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I have been offered a present of a iPhone 4 or a Xperia S or T by the family, which is best?. The Sony's would be new and on a 18 month contract The iPhone from within the family has been in its case for two years and is as new. I will get a sim contract for the iPhone so the monthly cost will be the same. The reason I am thinking of the Xperia S or T because of its the camera, which looks great. Apart from calls I use my phone to listen to radio and my Mp3 music files (850 of my 60 - 90s music)and take pics. I only use the internet occasionally I have a N95 8gb which is very slow on internet (Symbian ) and does not work well with skype on wifi .Any help would be great .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No radio on the iPhone so that may be something to consider. If you're happy signing a contact, go for the Xperia S. It's a grand phone. I'm sure there will be people who tell you to not contract yourself, but that's a decision you have to make for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its Xperia FYI, there's no e :p

As above, XS has FM radio but the iPhone does not, so you'd have to use webstreams(very cr@ppy for some stations).

Camera on the XS rocks.
    The iphone from within the family has been in its case for two years and is as new.

Two years old, thats at best a 4 isnt it? In any case, if that breaks, you're screwed, the XS would have a warranty. Also, its got Ice Cream Sandwich and will be getting Jelly Bean soon enough, so it will be up to date for a fair while.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭haymur

Thanks Chrislad and Ed e I did not know that the Iphone had no radio tuner as all my phones in the past 6 years had radio's with RDS . I have always felt that apple tied you into their systems on phones and pads so have not had one. I only use the web a small amount on the phone and if I am away I keep up on the Irish news and use Skype for calls on free wifi spots. Do you know if its easier to transfer files on and off the Sony's than the iPhones

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

haymur wrote: »
    Thanks Chrislad and Ed e I did not know that the Iphone had no radio tuner as all my phones in the past 6 years had radio's with RDS . I have always felt that apple tied you into their systems on phones and pads so have not had one. I only use the web a small amount on the phone and if I am away I keep up on the Irish news and use Skype for calls on free wifi spots. Do you know if its easier to transfer files on and off the Sony's than the iPhones

The XS has MTP, so it acts sort of like a USB key, the only way(without messing about) to transfer to an iphone is iTunes.

Advertisement