Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fetac Offers from CAO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Amy12345678910

BrianG23 wrote: »
    So confused..rang DIT up and they said people who have their Leaving cert already still have to wait until 20th? Is anyone else in my boat or does everyone here have a Fetac or higher education etc?

I have both? MY LC and my fetac award from 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Yeah come to think of it, last year was the same

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭DonnaMarieAva

I rang both of my choices but couldn't get through. I've emailed CAO so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
    Thanks, :) Did you ring up your college?

I rang both of my choices but couldn't get through. I've emailed CAO so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

about twenty minutes, it was very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

What are the chances of someone getting a place in the 1st round with FETAC then? A lady on the phone for the CAO told my friend it was very unlikely.

• Advertisement

You're lucky then. They still haven't emailed me back so I an assuming there is a huge back log!
    about twenty minutes, it was very quick.

I'm curious RebeccahLouise, why would it be unlikely? I haven't got my place yet (if at all) and I'm kind of stressing out!
    What are the chances of someone getting a place in the 1st round with FETAC then? A lady on the phone for the CAO told my friend it was very unlikely.

Haven't emailed me back either...from about an hour ago

It's terrible. They're so unhelpful. :mad:
    Haven't emailed me back either...from about an hour ago

Complain! That'll learn em'

• Advertisement

Ha yeah! And see how how quick they act!
    Complain! That'll learn em'

Oh, they actually replied now. Turns out you were right Mr. S

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PocketSC

No offers today, devastated. Really thought would get at least a few of the bottom ones as I tried to fill up most of the spaces.

Tried emailing CAO but my email address keeps coming up as invalid?
    Going to phone them now.

When are second round offers out does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amzy17

does any one know if cao are finished updating offers for today?

No offers today and I have accepted that. So Im waiting on Round 1 which is on the 20th. We could still get a place by October. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Ah Jesus i'm gutted. no offers.

the course that i put for numbers one and 2 were both around 200-220 points the last few years and i got 370 points through FETAC.

no help at all from CAO or the I.T.'s applied to.

what do i do now then? just sit, wait and worry until round 2 or what?

andyseadog wrote: »
    Ah Jesus i'm gutted. no offers.

the course that i put for numbers one and 2 were both around 200-220 points the last few years and i got 370 points through FETAC.

no help at all from CAO or the I.T.'s applied to.

what do i do now then? just sit, wait and worry until round 2 or what?

I know how you feel, I think all we do now is just wait. It really sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

I know how you feel, I think all we do now is just wait. It really sucks.

to be honest if 370 points didn't get me a 220 point course in round zero with just FETAC and mature applicants to battle with, i really doubt its going to get me the course in round one (ironically/ confusingly round two) when the sea of leaving cert students has to be battled with too.

and the sickening thing, nobody even really tells you, "no, you havn't got it", just nobody says anything at all and your left wondering.

very disheartening to say the least.

@Andyseadog I agree completely with you. I emailed CAO to ask them to help me. I couldn't get through to the universities I applied to and CAO were so unhelpful. I also said that the offers were coming out slowly. This is their reply:

Hi Donna-Marie

I don`t understand your comments that the Fetac
    results are coming out slowly today.

We received all FETAC results on Tuesday last and
    offers were made on Wednesday.

Some Colleges have a quota of places reserved for
    FETAC applicants, e.g Nursing Courses.

Such offers are based solely on your FETAC points.

These offers are issued in Round 0

Many institutions allow applicants to compete
    based on their FETAC points against the Leaving
    Cert points and these offers go out in Mid August

How to calculate the FETAC points is available on
    our website under FETAC Information.

Regards
    Ivor Gleeson(Íomhair Ó Glíosáin)

All I'm asking for is closure. It simply isn't fair for us to be left in the dark and stress out until the 20th. It seems to me that CAO don't want to take responsibility for the staggering of the offers.

Can anyone make heads or tails as to what this email is about. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Calcifer88

Nothing in the post this morning and no offer on the cao website, I applied for model making at IADT as a mature applicant and I got 570/600 on my portfolio so I was pretty confident I'd get an offer but now I'm just really worried!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Grehan100

Has anybody accepted a offer from ITB in blanchardstown. Please help!

Kind regards
    Grehan100

I've just called up the universities I have applied for. I asked them if I was accepted. And they said no. So now I have accepted the fact that I won't be going anywhere this year :( Congrats to all those who did get a place though. I wish you success and happiness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Hi, have been following this thread.. just wanted to point out that some I.Ts are on the PILOT SCHEME, if this is the case then FETAC AWARD STUDENTS MUST COMPETE WITH LEAVING CERT STUDENTS for places. This means that if the I.T you have applied to is on the PILOT SCHEME then you will not receive an offer until 20th of August.

Most universities are on another Fetac scheme and reserve a certain amount of places just for fetac students. If you have applied to a college on the Pilot scheme then you may well receive an offer on the 20th. hths

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RebeccahLouise

Anyone from WCFE get ANY offers? I know a lot of people from WCFE and not one of us have received any offers from any institutions around the country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I got offerred my first choice as a mature student on 5th July. I sat a level 5 fetac this year and our course is linked in to a course in lit.
    of everyone in the class bar me and another guy who got an offer on the 5th only one person in the class got an offer today, and it was his third choice. Everyone had good results I can't believe only one got an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

dharma200 wrote: »
    Hi, have been following this thread.. just wanted to point out that some I.Ts are on the PILOT SCHEME, if this is the case then FETAC AWARD STUDENTS MUST COMPETE WITH LEAVING CERT STUDENTS for places. This means that if the I.T you have applied to is on the PILOT SCHEME then you will not receive an offer until 20th of August.

Most universities are on another Fetac scheme and reserve a certain amount of places just for fetac students. If you have applied to a college on the Pilot scheme then you may well receive an offer on the 20th. hths

So if you got an offer today, would you get an offer on the 20th on the pilot scheme?

I am getting this information from boards.ie threads from last year:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D67335175&ei=9awaUKDxKIe7hAe89oHQAw&usg=AFQjCNHoZt76CwfNvIecnSDKo0iE8t6DFA

google fetac coa.... I amnt sure, but it seems if the college you have applied to is in the pilot scheme you will not receive offers until round 1 and will be in competition with leaving cert applicants for places.. thats how I am reading it so far hths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I have been looking through the posts on this thread and it's obvious that some of you don't understand the system. The offers that came out today are for Higher Education Links Scheme students i.e. FETAC applicants who have applied for courses with limited places for FETAC applicants e.g. Nursing. If too many applicants have all distinctions, then it goes to random selection.

On the 20th, FETAC students who have applied to get into ITs using their module results as points (Pilot Scheme) will get their offers. Round 0 IS NOT for these students.

The Pilot scheme applies to anyone regardless of location of completion of a FETAC Level 5 and there are no places reserved like in the Higher Education Links scheme. FETAC students compete with Leaving Cert students for places. For the FETAC applciant this involves the substitution of your Leaving Cert with FETAC. Before you ask the two can not be combined. Some IoTs limit the number of FETAC applicants they take before in theory if they dont a course in an IoT could be drawn from entirely FETAC applicants. In direct contrast the Higher Education Links Scheme is limited places, lots of criteria in terms of module requirements and restricted. Check out http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/learners/hels/hels.htm for full details.

(from thread posted above)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

lezizi wrote: »
    I got offerred my first choice as a mature student on 5th July. I sat a level 5 fetac this year and our course is linked in to a course in lit.
    of everyone in the class bar me and another guy who got an offer on the 5th only one person in the class got an offer today, and it was his third choice. Everyone had good results I can't believe only one got an offer

Well done! There is huge demand for these places. Even students with all distinctions may not get places.

Advertisement