Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I wish I had an alarm clock...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I wish I had a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Did anyone else have "Think Contraception" in their head watching Amelia Lily? :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Did anyone else have "Think Contraception" in their head watching Amelia Lily? :o:p

Cant say I did now :P I'ma loving my new blondey ness! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

_meehan_ wrote: »

Is it not Free derm for leg shaving or something? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I'm 19 and a half...

I dunno why, but I got the impression that you were like 21 or 22 or something :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I dunno why, but I got the impression that you were like 21 or 22 or something :P

People do think I'm older! Shure amn't I only after doing the leavin this year shure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

People do think I'm older! Shure amn't I only after doing the leavin this year shure!

I always thought you were a little older too! You're only a couple of months older than me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Yer doing movember? Show us yer mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Someone in front of me on the nitelink asked if the bus driver took laser.

The inspector promptly told her she was taking the píss, holding the bus up and to get off. <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

den has been killed again 23 hours since last post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

It's at times like this o hate not being able to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Lawds.. Does anyone here have a Sony mp3 walkman thing?

How does one get a recently added playlist? :confused:

It dies everytime Pigwidgeon posts </3

:P

If someone doesn't post after this I'm going to ban you all for 2 months. That means yiz will have nothing to do over Christmas holidays. >.>

Also my mum said the exact words "den of iniquity" the other day. She's found me, so hi mom if you're reading :P

How did she bring that up in a conversation? :pac:

Or like was it just random?

How did she bring that up in a conversation? :pac:

Or like was it just random?

I was telling her I made friends with a lovely woman on the nitelink who lived in my estate and walked home with me and she told me not to be so trusting and that she could have been trying to lure me into a den of iniquity.

True fax.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So lads, this isnt really an arghh nor a yayy nor has it anything to do with anything but I thought Id share it with yee anyway (And to stop the Den dying coz pigwidgeon posted :pac:)

My Christmas tests are next week. Cue ARGHHHHHHHH's, Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii- and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    But I have decided that after the tests I ill treat myself to a bit of internet buying. I was gonna wait until after I get my results but then I realised I mightent have them until after Christmas, and I want them now loike :P

Only thing is now I cant focus on studying and keep searching millions of websites of what I wanna buy and am still not studying at all >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

So lads, say the universe is actually just some little simulation I'm running and I've inserted myself into it, interacting with you simulation-people. Would you say that it would be considered mass-murder to end the simulation once I decide to leave it?

• Advertisement

Sure trade in your sim and get the sequel Universe 2. I hear they got rid of some of the bugs like religion and shoddy governments :pac:

Oh hey look, a post that's thread title appropriate!

So I got a letter in the post today about my college deferral asking to make my application by Feb. I'm in two minds about what to do though. I'd like to go to college but at the same time I've never been happier with the way things are at the moment working full time. It's not like the money is great or anything (€1 above minimum wage) but I just love what I'm doing. I know most people will say just go to college and get your degree then go back to work if I want. Meh I dunno!

/rant/venting/indecision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Oh hey look, a post that's thread title appropriate!

So I got a letter in the post today about my college deferral asking to make my application by Feb. I'm in two minds about what to do though. I'd like to go to college but at the same time I've never been happier with the way things are at the moment working full time. It's not like the money is great or anything (€1 above minimum wage) but I just love what I'm doing. I know most people will say just go to college and get your degree then go back to work if I want. Meh I dunno!

/rant/venting/indecision

IMO if your happy in the job, stick with it and then go to college when you feel your ready! You might even find that you may be able to further your career in the field your working in without needing college!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

IMO if your happy in the job, stick with it and then go to college when you feel your ready! You might even find that you may be able to further your career in the field your working in without needing college!

+1

college nowadays doesn't guarantee a job so unless you really have an interest in doing something that requires a college degree there's no point. if you're happy with what you're doing at the moment you should stick with it and forget college.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I know most people will say just go to college and get your degree then go back to work if I want.
    Just because you don't take up the deferral doesn't mean you can't go to college later. Ok, it means you're giving up a guaranteed offer and starting again, but who's to say that in a couple of years time you wouldn't have changed your mind about your course preference anyway?

And a job these days is a valuable commodity, so if you're enjoying it and feel you want to stick at it for a couple of years, why not?

In fact, after 23 you qualify as a mature student, and might have options open to you that you don't at the moment.

One con, though: waiting a few years might see full fees introduced, or at least a significant increase in the "Student Contribution Fee".

One piece of advice if you do decide to leave it for now: do something in the line of a short / evening course, just to keep the "academic" side of your brain from getting too stale. Could be something you have no intention of taking up as a f/t option but just enjoy, could be something you would like to test out to see if you were interested long-term, doesn't matter really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Thinking of switching my course either next semester, or next year (most courses I could go straight through without having to redo first year) because I don't think maths is for me anymore (sorry Aoibheann :P).. Don't really know what I'd want to switch to though..! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Thinking of switching my course either next semester, or next year (most courses I could go straight through without having to redo first year) because I don't think maths is for me anymore (sorry Aoibheann :P).. Don't really know what I'd want to switch to though..! :confused:

Take a year out maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I hate when you find a song that you love so much you cant stop listening to it but you know youre gonna play it to death and end up hating it.
    Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I need a job for Christmas, but I think I left it too late - should I try anyway?

Advertisement