Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S^3 apps & games (N8, C7, C6, E7 etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

This post has been deleted.

wont work for me even with wifi do you have a link to a torrent that worked for you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This has impressed me, it works better than I thought it would. Great example when you get a text, just hold the envelope and brings you directly to the text

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Works like a dream....even has the 1.FM stations :D
    A1 app.
    Davy wrote: »
    Uninstall 'Noka big screen' first. Do this by going:

Settings > app manager > installed apps > options > uninstall. It can be reinstalled afterwards.

The radio app itself is great, thousands of stations to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Really want one of these as well....did you find anything yet?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

I realise this is probably a stupid question, but how does one pay for an app from Ovi?
    Is there a checkout system or do they somehow add it to your phone bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭paulgalway

How do you find the C7 ? thinking of getting one.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Italia wrote: »
    I realise this is probably a stupid question, but how does one pay for an app from Ovi?
    you pay thru your phone bill/credit for the most part.
    spb shell you need a credit card,well you did when i
    got it last year.

did you know that if you got this on your
    old 5800 you can use it on your new phone
    as long as your ac and number is still the
    same when downloading it!ie i have it runnin on both my
    phones : )

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Downloaded nokia bubbles earlier. Like the way it works and looks. Can't get into settings though to change shortcuts. Does anyone know how to do it or where the app is saved to. Rseven is an interesting looking app too. Pity it doesn't record data usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Downloaded nokia bubbles earlier. Like the way it works and looks. Can't get into settings though to change shortcuts. Does anyone know how to do it or where the app is saved to.
    There aren't many "settings" for this, as it's really a proof-of-concept. However, you can change the background images by holding your finger on an unoccupied area of the screen for 2 secs..

To remove a caller shortcut in Bubbles:

Pick up the "Contacts" bubble
    Drag it to the contact shortcut you want to remove
    Don't release, just hold it for about 2 sec.
    Two more targets will appear: One to remove that contact,
    ... and the other lets you send them a text :)
    Drop the bubble on the "remove" target.

With the shortcut removed, you can add a different contact.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Italia wrote: »

You can do either or

This is also going to be for halloween and the Christmas theme also. Its worth doing if you have already paid for it, as you get another 15 levels for nothing.

Also nokia bubbles has now been removed from beta labs.
    We have temporarily removed the download instructions while we investigate some reported issues.

SnapMe - €5
    With SnapMe running inside phone, you can record all user generated events as series of screen-shots. All recorded snaps can be viewed along with date and time information, showing time of capturing particular snap. Thus as a cell phone user you can actually check what others does with your cell phone in your absence. In short 'SnapMe' acts as a detective of your mobile phone.

downloaded ndesk app earlier. It seems to be an ios imitation. Not sure if it's complete though as it's driving me mad at it's impracticalities. 12 screens of apps? Only 4 shortcuts? Anyone else tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Pocketlock - free and it's been great so far. It uses the light sensor to automatically lock your phone when you put it in your pocket. A quick flick of the finger over the sensor also unlocks at any time, and it's so much easier to unlock when it's in say a phone holder too. I just close it when playing Angry Birds or whatever as I tend to keep locking it by mistakek then !

AlternateReader - A .pdf reader that blows the Adobe Reader into the weeks afaic. Long press to get out of full-screen (that had me puzzled for a minute) and use a double tap or the volume keys to page up/down.

Geeky Avatar - Free but has ads unless you want to pay the euro or so (ok, I'm cheap!) The ads are infuratiating but I put up with them long enough to create a load of silly contact pictures.

Pano Wallpaper
    - Not bad but not as good as the wallpapers that SPB MobileShell gives, but that's the way Symbian works.

CameraPro - Costs a few euros and is in very early days yet but is very promising.

Dukto - Easy file transfer

Viewranger - Super gps/mapping app for hillwalking etc, but it does cost. Not really suited for car navigation.

Updated version of angry birds now available for Paddys day. Just open the app, and click on the globe symbol on the bottom right and you will get the prompt to download the update free of charge.

Also got Fruit ninja and its an addictive little game. Just costs €1 on the ovi store. Its simple but works. Been playing it for a few days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Other apps I've been using on my C7 include:

Irish Rugby - Official IRFU app with matchtracker and updates. There are similar ones available dedicated to Leinster and Munster rugby (all free)

Wordpress - App that lets you connect directly to your blog and post new content or edit existing content. Not brilliant, but is functional (and free)

Long John Silver HD - A bejeweled/zookeeper clone with a pirate theme gets difficult quite quickly. (€1)

Tunewiki Free - Like Shazam for lyrics play your song in it and it tries to get the lyrics.. there is also a premium version for €5 but I haven't tried that one.

WakeUp - A GPS based alarm that goes off when you are get close to your set destination.. great for preventing missed stops on public transport and the nightlink! (€1)

I've also played around a bit with SPB TV which allows you stream some limited content channels to watch on the phone - The idea is good, but the content is quite limited. SPB TV (Free)

Another app I use which is a little unsupported nowadays is called Salling clicker (http://www.salling.com/Clicker/) $24 - allows you to control iTunes and various other apps running on your PC/Mac directly from your phone via wifi or bluetooth. It hasn't been updated for Symbian^3 but the latest version seems to work reasonably well. (I first started using this with Palm PDAs..)

Other than those few, there are also loads of cityseekr guides free to download, as well as the free Michelin guides that go along with Ovi Maps.
    I also second the mention of 'Pixelpipe' which enables you to upload full resolution pics/videos to social networking sites etc. the link wasn't listed before, so here it is:
    Pixelpipe

That's about it for the moment, but if I find any other interesting ones I'll add them to the list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Have just found this link, which details how to increase your number of home screens from 3 to 6 - just wondering has anyone else tried it? I'm going to hold of trying it until after 3 have rolled out the 1.1 update as I don't want to have to go through rigmarole of customising settings again..

6 Home Screens

If anyone has done this, how did it work out?

zinzan wrote: »
    Have just found this link, which details how to increase your number of home screens from 3 to 6 - just wondering has anyone else tried it? I'm going to hold of trying it until after 3 have rolled out the 1.1 update as I don't want to have to go through rigmarole of customising settings again..

6 Home Screens

If anyone has done this, how did it work out?

You wouldn't need to re-customise settings as the N8 has UDP which savings the info while updating the software

i seem to have gone through about a typical months data usage in the last week. I'm not sure what app or setting is causing this amount. I have phone set up to use home wifi followed by work wifi then meteor wap. I've been home for last 3 days but according to meteor site I've used over 100 mb. I've recently started using Nokia reader and i suspect this is the guilty app as there's no settings available to change. Is anyone familiar with this problem or Any other suggestions of what other apps could cause this. Thanks.

I havent been using the reader, but if you go to the application suite settings their should be a access point setting their, it may not be bulit into the app.

Menu>settings>application manager>installed apps> then long hold on the reader and go to 'suite settings'

thanks Davy for your suggestion. I did what you said but suite settings didn't appear as an option. I then double checked destination priorities and had wap first followed by wifi. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Thinking of getting myself an N8.

Is the N8 music player any good and if not, any recommendations for a quality player (paid or free).

I don't see any problem with the built in player....does exactly what I want it to anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭SachaJ

kmart6 wrote: »
    I don't see any problem with the built in player....does exactly what I want it to anyway!

OK thanks.

Can you create playlists and import them onto the phone or does the playlist have to be created on the phone itself?

There is a programme out there where you can import your playlists from iTunes to the phone!

• Advertisement

SachaJ wrote: »
    OK thanks.

Can you create playlists and import them onto the phone or does the playlist have to be created on the phone itself?

Or you can copy your play lists from windows media player etc

Advertisement