Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is your hangover breakfast??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I like spicy for my hangover. Prefably hot spicy chicken wings.

Or eggs with hot sauce. Bacon with hot sauce. Or all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

While this thread is just a continuous answer of "BDF-ups" (which are great), the best hangover food I've ever had is the:

Breakfast Burrito

It's like an ordinary Burrito, but instead of the usual crap it's got potatoes, three kinds of egg, and bacon pieces (don't forget sauce).

Usually had this in America after good night's drink. A beer is the best complementary drink to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

The Agogo wrote: »
    While this thread is just a continuous answer of "BDF-ups" (which are great), the best hangover food I've ever had is the:

Breakfast Burrito

It's like an ordinary Burrito, but instead of the usual crap it's got potatoes, three kinds of egg, and bacon pieces (don't forget sauce).

Usually had this in America after good night's drink. A beer is the best complementary drink to go with it.

sounds great..now I`m starving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The Agogo wrote: »

Breakfast Burrito

Yes, I have had manys a Breakfast Burrito. It also has guacamole and salsa in it.

Multiple NYOMMAGE, for want of a better term.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

a few bananas and a cold bottle of coca cola.
    potassium and sugar buzz, love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

i start to fight my hangover straight after the pub closes by going for a feed out of the chippy, then in the morning as big a fry as i can handle or if im really bad il have a can or two but anymore than that and im back drunk as ever again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

- 2 fried eggs, easy over, w ketchup
    - 2 rashers
    - a good dose of Clonakilty black pudding ( the ONLY black pudding worthy of the name)
    - a healthy bowel movement
    - shower

2 mile walk
    a bit of DIY or something active

and a nap in the afternoon.

Wont cure the hangover, but helps you to endure it philosophically!!

- FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Mine is absolutely awful:

Bag of Meanies

Berocca

Snickers Bar

Works for me - but really not healthy:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Hermione* wrote: »
    Usually I don't see the morning when I've a hangover, but when I do surface, I like lots of Tropicana orange juice (must have bits!) and either eggs like this, or a combination of paprika flavoured sausages, sautéed garlicky cherry tomatoes and some good bread. Then, a pot of strong coffee and some quality time with the sofa :pac:

Jaysus,"Eggs like this" you'd wana be sober to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends how bad the hangover is.

For those really nasty one, it's a full Irish breakfast down in a nearby pub.

If it's not too bad a hangover, cereal.

All else fails, Spar breakfast roll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It goes a little something like this:

Two Slices of Bread
    Four Slices of Cheese (that processed plasticy stuff is perfect for this, but you can use what you like)
    Four Rashers
    Three Sausages
    Fried mushrooms
    One fried egg.

Get first slice of bread and put two slices of cheese on top, then put two rashers on top of this, then the three sausages, the fried egg, the mushrooms, two more rashers, then the other slice of bread with the cheese sandwich side down.

NYOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

If I'm going back on the batter I keep a can in the fridge to accompany it

Brilliant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

Sleep, coffee, toast and lots of butter and marmalade, maybe more sleep if tired / up very late, and a good walk if no waves. Definitely a surf if the waves are good. Nothing like the water for getting rid of the cobwebs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Left over pizza from the night before...Or ordering in because Im still to drunk to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wupucus

a half bottle of Jameson poured slowly over ice - the business !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

I don't care much for breakfast after a night of booze, just end up thrown into the couch for an hour or two after rolling off the bed.
    After gathering myself off the couch and horse in a strong mug of coffee, into the shower, off to the local for a carvery dinner and a feast of pints. Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Scrambled eggs with chorizo & tabasco, fried potatoes, squeezed OJ (with bits) & pot of freshly brewed black coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

Two runny fried eggs between 2 slices of toast. Ibuprofen optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ashura

Today I had an Irish breakfast and a Diet Coke :D

In France I use to have an asian Noddle soup like a ramen or a pho (I am half asian). I don't know good and real vietnamese or japanese restaurant in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

Squeezed lemon/ powder lemon juice with pie. Really great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

2 croissant, halved and slightly toasted. Topped with cheddar cheese and param ham and again toasted with a side of scrambled egg and some ketchup. Sams blend coffee to go with it... right as rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

Soup

Advertisement