Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things I hate about the supermarket

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Have to agree with people chatting with the cashier and then take ages to scan everything while I have to listen to all the gossip.."Oh old Maura died the other day" "Oh jaysus that's a holy terror.." and on and on and on..

The kids who run around screaming and messing with everything,then when they fall over and you try to help them up the parents give you such an evil look,like you pushed them,which I wish I could..:mad:

Don't see the big deal about someone standing in front of a shelf or something,just reach in and say excuse me or something.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

It's cold:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I've never been left disabled by a trolley or let people talking bother me too much. I don't even mind the odd screaming tot. I don't mind old people taking sixteen years to pay for the three discounted out of date food items the pension allows them every month.

What I really hate is the Robohag at the self-checkout. I hate the voice, I hate her demanding I swipe my non-existant clubcard, I hate her telling me to please take my items and most of all, I really, really, really, really, really hate her telling me there's an unknown item in the bagging area.

I'd kick her in the bagging area, if I knew where it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Where do you people shop? I've never experienced any of that.

M&S ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

People who walk away from the till because they forgot to get something. No no seriously we will all wait for you, your time is far more valuable than ours.

Seriously though other than that I love supermarkets. They are full of food and women. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Fúcking unexpected item in the fúcking bagging area.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hate the bag packers aswell, do they not understand I dont need help?! I even ask them not to pack and they do it anyways? I always use my laser card to pay so I say to them sorry I have no change, even though I do.
    I dont use those self service machines because they annoy me so much, approval needed, unexpected item in baggage area, please dont pug your bags in baggage area :mad:, unless I was only buying 1 or 2 items, I avoid those machines like the plague! Its funny how there meant to be faster and more convenient but there neither!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Bag packers are the scum of the earth.
    Confab wrote: »
    Where do you people shop? I've never experienced any of that.

M&S ftw.

I hate M&S, the food always looks great on the pics on the labels but is usually bland as fúck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Right I've just finished work, in a shop, and I can confirm that the annoying thing about shops is customers...all of them...crowd of w*nkers. Who needs 'em anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Right I've just finished work, in a shop, and I can confirm that the annoying thing about shops is customers...all of them...crowd of w*nkers. Who needs 'em anyways?

Your payslip.

But yes, they can be a shower of cnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Chewbacca. wrote: »
    I fcuking hate:

.The frustrated bitchs that run around through the aisles

.The fcukers that stand behind you when you are looking deciding which item you are going to get

.The ignorant gob****es that barge down infront of you and gawk at stuff that they don't even want, I feel like kneeing them in the head

.People that leave their trolley in the middle of floor and walk off, I feel like swinging the trolley 360 degrees and smashing it off their back

.Bag packers, I would love to put a plastic bag over their face until they gasp for air,ripping holes in the bag where their eyes are,thus letting them get O2 and also making their eyes water.

OP might I suggest you shop in a supermarket in Germany. Although you may explode. Its not pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭wile1000

Giselle wrote: »
    What I really hate is the Robohag at the self-checkout. I hate the voice, I hate her demanding I swipe my non-existant clubcard, I hate her telling me to please take my items and most of all, I really, really, really, really, really hate her telling me there's an unknown item in the bagging area.

She gets ignored completely by some people.. "Notes are dispensed below the scanner" over and over again while someone is staring blankly at the screen wondering where their change is... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

The freezer area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

People who can't use the self service checkouts correctly and say the one they were attempting to use is broken and move to another one.

Then myself or any other non-idiotic person easily uses the supposedly broken checkout.

They've almost overtaken slow ATM users on my annoyance list, almost.

People who can't use the self service checkouts correctly and say the one they were attempting to use is broken and move to another one.
    That's me.
    I have a motorcycle helmet with me most times, but put it down anywhere other than the floor, the fecken thing has an epo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭wile1000

Paparazzo wrote: »
    That's me.
    I have a motorcycle helmet with me most times, but put it down anywhere other than the floor, the fecken thing has an epo.

Doesn't have to be a motorcycle helmet. Anything heavier than a feather (e.g. own bag) also throws it into a frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

every weekend there are bagpackers in dunnes where we are, we coped on to go to the top tills where they are not allowed to pack, its heaven one of the staff told them'' your not allowed to go the first 3 tills'' they helped to pack our bags one time never again, havent a clue they just throw in the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

That's me.
    wile1000 wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be a motorcycle helmet. Anything heavier than a feather (e.g. own bag) also throws it into a frenzy.

Gah, it's a weighing scales! Why do people not get this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I hate those sandy vagina teenagers that skulk around the supermarket malcontentedly, muttering curses under their breath but when you catch their eye and say hello, they blush and run out of the shop crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

mariaf24 wrote: »
    Guh?
    i think there was a window licking reference being implied lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I hate it when your aimlessly trying to decide what to get for dinner, and if you pick up the cheapest item, the older ladies behind you looking down at you cos you picked out the cheapest item!! Chopped tomatoes is chopped tomatoes people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

'Have you a Club Card'
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I hate it when your aimlessly trying to decide what to get for dinner, and if you pick up the cheapest item, the older ladies behind you looking down at you cos you picked out the cheapest item!!

Although I suspect it's in the mind, I get this too.

I had a craving to buy a few bags of Koka Noodles a while back but was too embarrassed to get them as I was only buying milk and wearing tracksuit bottoms. I kept seeing the equation forming in the minds of the people behind me: man in late-thirties + tracksuit + Koka Noodles = alcoholic| kicked out of house |not wanting to cut into drink money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

My local tesco has been "restructuring" for the past number of weeks. Basically this means I can't find a bloody thing because nothing's where it should be! :mad:

But by far the most irritating consequences are a) the patronising signs dotted here and there with smiling face on them and captions such as "change for a better shopping experience". Put the apples back where they were last week and my shopping experience would be only bloody lovely!

and b) the employees wandering around wearing bright yellow tshirts and carrying giant lollipop sticks bearing the words "here to help". I do feel sorry for the poor b*astards, but I hate looking at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

jokettle wrote: »
    and b) the employees wandering around wearing bright yellow tshirts and carrying giant lollipop sticks bearing the words "here to help". I do feel sorry for the poor b*astards, but I hate looking at them.

In Asda the other day there was this one walking over and back in front of the checkouts carrying a big arrow saying "this one free"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

'Have you a Club Card'
    :mad:

Beats 'You didn't ask me for my clubcard!! How dare you! RAGE RAGE' stands there going ape**** for a good while..every time.

I don't like Tesco Maynooth. It's intimidatingly big, bleughh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love grocery shopping. I go midweek in the evenings and it's great, really relaxing.

Saturday shopping sucks though, loads of smelly obnoxious people with their disgusting loud children getting in the way of my batch loaf

Millicent wrote: »
    Gah, it's a weighing scales! Why do people not get this?!

There's 3, one where you put your basket, one where you scan stuff and one where you put stuff into a bag. Put anything on any of these surfaces and the whole system crashes. You need the assistant to come over with a key. Too confusing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

There's 3, one where you put your basket, one where you scan stuff and one where you put stuff into a bag. Put anything on any of these surfaces and the whole system crashes. You need the assistant to come over with a key. Too confusing for me

There's no scale where you put the basket. There's one scale where you weigh you fruit/veg and a scale where you pack things to help prevent theft. Nothing confusing at all.

The scales at my local can be a bit temperamental sometimes but work fine most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Just the usual: people waiting til the checkout girl/guy tells them what the total is before they take out their wallet and slowly count out their money...

Ah, fup it: middle-aged/elderly women waiting til the checkout girl/guy tells them what the total is before they take out their purse and slowly count out their money...

Advertisement