Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric showers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wheelie_bin

I've just been quoted E900 for supply & fit of Triton 2000 power shower in my apartment + E180 supply and fit of bathscreen.

Does anyone know if these prices are competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

In the past two-three years the limescale in the water has increased. You can see it in the bottom of your tank! Its clogging shower heads and causing 'hot one minute cold the next' showers. Got a brand new plastic tank few year ago. Had it a year and went to inspect it because of the shower and no joke pulled about a half pound of limescale out of the bottom.

Just a tip for those cleaning there shower head every week. I had a couple of tap attachments lying around the kind that filter the water so it flows real nice similar to:
    grid.jpg
    but plastic. Think I got them in tesco or something. Anyway there's these plastic filters in these yokes I took the thing apart and just placed the two of filter thingys (on top one another) in between the hose that you connect to the shower head and the shower head. It solves having to clean the head every week. Every time I use the shower I just unscrew the head and let the water flow for a few seconds and you'd be surprised how much limescale it stops going into the shower head!

I suppose some fine wire mesh would work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭seabre

Hi All

I have a Mira "play" shower which is dripping constantly from the base of the unit - not the head. It is 4 years old.

Is it easy to fix something like this or does it sound as though its had its day?

If its simple enough I'd have a go myself but dont want to pay someone to do a quick fix if Im looking like I'll need a new shower and have to pay someone to install it anyway.

Thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

seabre wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a Mira "play" shower which is dripping constantly from the base of the unit - not the head. It is 4 years old.

Is it easy to fix something like this or does it sound as though its had its day?

If its simple enough I'd have a go myself but dont want to pay someone to do a quick fix if Im looking like I'll need a new shower and have to pay someone to install it anyway.

Thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions.

The mira play is an electric shower meaning it requires good mains pressure. It also means it is relativly cheap. Its hard to say whats wrong with it without opening it.

However i never suggest someone that is not qualified opens a shower but knowing this isolating that power and not actually pulling any pipes will help you see where the problem is.

Its most likely a joint leaking. Then you will have to contact mira and price the part. The agents for mira in ireland are Modern Plant on the naas road

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭seabre

Thankyou Joey, I just read your comment but decided to open the shower @ lunchtime - just for a wee look and it turns out the little plastic cover for the joint where the water pipe comes into the shower was broke so... as I had isolated the power I decided to get the alan key/ star head screw driver from the local hardware take the little c joint off and super glue it! (God loves a trier)

My husband then arrived home - nearly killed me, and then proceeded to turn the power & water back on...... All very simple EXCEPT the water supply to the shower & curiously my utility room sink (in a diferent room) are both gone!

I'm sure I didnt touch anything except the two red taps in the house that I could identify as being stop cocks but the husband is going mental at me saying I must have done something else!!! Im baffled`!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Our electric shower stopped working properly after the water was cut off for the day. It run very hot for about 20 seconds and the the low flow light comes on and it runs cold. Any tips or advice.

It's a mira elite st. I'm pretty sure it's fed off the tank so I cant understand why this happened.

Cheers.

Our electric shower stopped working properly after the water was cut off for the day. It run very hot for about 20 seconds and the the low flow light comes on and it runs cold. Any tips or advice.

It's a mira elite st. I'm pretty sure it's fed off the tank so I cant understand why this happened.

Cheers.

Yip. Its sounds like a case of grit in the filter of the shower. Let us know if you check the internal filter and this is not the case.

You will need to google this as its a bit detailed for me and the water needs to be turned off to the shower.

Sound man joey. It was manky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi Guys,

I did'nt expect that I would be posting to this thread so soon. You see, I had a Triton T90Z installed and my problem is, I went down to have a shower this morning and I pulled the electric cord, switched it on at the shower unit and there is hardly any water coming out and what water is coming out is not heating up at all. Has anyone of you experienced anything like this and what do you suggest I do. I only got it installed 3 weeks ago.
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Long story short there is a crack in the top of shower casing so I stopped using it over a year ago as it was letting in water and tripped switch .
    Would it be safe to silicone over crack ? Or is there a better way ?
    Also shower has come away from tiles on one side . Is it possible to get some kind of grip to refix it to tile ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Long story short there is a crack in the top of shower casing so I stopped using it over a year ago as it was letting in water and tripped switch .
    Would it be safe to silicone over crack ? Or is there a better way ?
    Also shower has come away from tiles on one side . Is it possible to get some kind of grip to refix it to tile ?
    Thanks

Its hard to say without seeing it. But if you need to replace it woodies are doing a T90 8.5 KW FOR 199 this weekend. Thats a good price.

ill put up 2 pics

ill put up 2 pics

Based on these 2 photos it needs to be replaced. The top photo would not be to bad if the handset was on the other side of the shower below it but the bracket is broken that holds the shower to the wall in the second photo. Its very dangerous.

It also looks like a mira elite 2. Do you know the make. Your better off replacing like for like as it saves on plumbing.

Hi All,

I assume no one had the same experience with the T90Z. No matter, I will try and get a hold of the guy that installed it.
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

jbyrne10 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I did'nt expect that I would be posting to this thread so soon. You see, I had a Triton T90Z installed and my problem is, I went down to have a shower this morning and I pulled the electric cord, switched it on at the shower unit and there is hardly any water coming out and what water is coming out is not heating up at all. Has anyone of you experienced anything like this and what do you suggest I do. I only got it installed 3 weeks ago.
    John

Sounds like lack of water, filter? valve? air lock?

Try the trouble shooting guide........... http://www.tritonshowers.ie/media/1201764/t90z_fitting_book.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Have decided to change the shower anyway. Is there anyway I can check my current shower to see what the power range is on it? is there a whole pile of difference? is the 8.5Kw harder on electricity?

Also anyone know, as I have Triton T90xr if I want to change to T90Z, there is a deal on slimline, if I get that one will I need to make a lot of changes to install?

It may be on the inside of the cover (if there is not a sticker still on the front)?. Remember to turn off the power! I'd even turn off the RCBO.
    Is the 8.5 harder on electricity than what? I think the 8.5 kw is usually around the smallest power rating (might be an 8kW version, dont think so, anyone?). Anyway, the greater the power rating the more power consumed, hence the more electricity used, as such.

You should look it up online or go around the likes of B+Q and look at the back of the boxes, they usually have the dimensions on there, take a pen and paper and do a Height and Width dimension, compare to different models/makes.

The biggest thing will be, if you have an 8.5 kW version, you may be limited to the replacement you can fit due to the size of the current wiring, it could be done but may mean the wiring has to be upgraded to a larger cross sectional size,it may be easier to replace like for like.

Hi Billy Bunting,

I am just getting back about my shower(T90Z). It was an airlock. All fixed now.
    Thank you,
    John:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Hi all, my query is pretty much what it says on the tin.

Noticed the power switch for my electric shower this evening was lit (albeit at a greatly reduced intensity to when it's in the 'on' position), despite the fact that the switch was in the 'off' position and had been since i last used it this morning. It has never done this before.

I decided to do a quick check of the shower - it's working as normal but i've also noticed that with the main switch in the 'off' position the light will return to being off if i leave the shower turned to one of its three power settings (the shower being a Mira Zest, installed about 3 years ago as part of a Co.Co. refurbishment, while the power switch is a chunky red one, akin to those you'd find associated with an electric cooker).

I'm really paranoid about electrical faults, so any advice is greatly appreciated (will probably get a sparky out on Monday).

Edit - and by 'power switch' i mean a 45 amp double-pole isolator switch, thanks.

Yip. Its sounds like a case of grit in the filter of the shower. Let us know if you check the internal filter and this is not the case.

You will need to google this as its a bit detailed for me and the water needs to be turned off to the shower.

Your advice on cleaning the filter worked great. It was like a new shower. It now has another problem. You have to turn it up all the way to get a warm shower. Shouldn't the dial be at about one o' clock on high power esecially this time of year? The flow rate seems normal it's just the temperature. Is the element gone?

Its a mira elite st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

If a Triton T90Z pumped electric shower needs to be replaced in the future, can it be done without having to replace existing wall tiles? Thanks for any replies!

If a Triton T90Z pumped electric shower needs to be replaced in the future, can it be done without having to replace existing wall tiles? Thanks for any replies!

It all depends but most times yes. It just depends on how the plumbing was done and weather the new riser rail will have different centres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Your advice on cleaning the filter worked great. It was like a new shower. It now has another problem. You have to turn it up all the way to get a warm shower. Shouldn't the dial be at about one o' clock on high power esecially this time of year? The flow rate seems normal it's just the temperature. Is the element gone?

Its a mira elite st

Its possible one part of the element is gone, or the connection/wiring to it has a problem. The element is in sections to allow different heat selections for a given water flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brownbeard

Hi guys I'm looking to install an electric/pumped electric shower in my apartment (whatever suits best). It'll be a new placement, not replacing an older unit.

There's really good preasure from the mains. From the cold kitchen tap you can fill a pint glass in about 1.2 seconds (I read on another thread it's a good indicator)

Looking for supply/fit quote or just a fitting quote. Dublin city centre area. Can anyone give me a likely ballpark figure or advice? Or even just an idea of what's involved/scale of work to be done?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marty66

does anyone know where I would get an assembly cover for a Mira sport shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 krustytheclown

I am currently building a 2000square foot house. I will have oil fired central heating a back boiler on my stove and solar roof panels. My plumber reckons that I will have enough hot water all year round for any of my three showers and will therefore not require an electric shower.I'm a bit sceptical about this and would be happier have one electric shower to guarantee hot water. I would be grateful for any opinions.

I am currently building a 2000square foot house. I will have oil fired central heating a back boiler on my stove and solar roof panels. My plumber reckons that I will have enough hot water all year round for any of my three showers and will therefore not require an electric shower.I'm a bit sceptical about this and would be happier have one electric shower to guarantee hot water. I would be grateful for any opinions.

Opinion: You will have enough water. Solar will provide it in summer and oil in winter.

option. Leave a pipe plumbed to the tank for a t90 later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

marty66 wrote: »
    does anyone know where I would get an assembly cover for a Mira sport shower?

Modern Plant
    Naas Rd
    Dublin 12

They will sell you any part you require for the Mira shower units, but not the complete Shower unit itself.

Located on the Naas Rd between the Long Mile Rd intersection and M50 intersection.

Driving from long mile rd junction heading towards m50 junction you pass Cranley (Toyota) motors and they are just after the petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Hi,

I need to replace my current Triton T90si Tank fed 8.5kw shower and am wondering which Triton is best to replace it with T90XR or T90Z?
    With the way the electrics and plumbing are set up I'm looking for one that will fit back similairly to where the t90 was fitted.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Moanin wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to replace my current Triton T90si Tank fed 8.5kw shower and am wondering which Triton is best to replace it with T90XR or T90Z?
    With the way the electrics and plumbing are set up I'm looking for one that will fit back similairly to where the t90 was fitted.

Thanks

Which ever one you want. The difference is the handrails

Advertisement