Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

thank you gadafi

• 23-08-2011 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

today it seems the british led invasion of lybia has taken away one of the worlds greatist leaders a man who has alway stood for his people and for what he believes to be right, the only arab leader who wont sell his people and state for the yankee dollor, who stands for and refuses to betray the people of all of africa, the man who gave to irish the means to defend themselves against the bloody british and the man who has stood strong against the western alliance for what is right and refuses to be led astray by the west. i suppose someone has to pay the price for india freeing itself as it shood have done 80years or so ago after all if her bloody majesty cant get her stolen goods out of africa then whats the point in exploiting it and maybe without the west exploiting it they might just live in peace. so long gadafi thank you for giving the sane world some hope i will always remember how you could drive or walk down any street amongst your people while our leaders must hide from us in bullet and bomb proof cars..

Take back Obama's peace prize and hand it to Gadaffi??? 21 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    38% 8 votes
    I honestly dont know
    61% 13 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

I thought the operation - which has UN backing - was French led.

It was also the French who started the bombing-campaign against the evil Gaddafi regime.

But whoever is leading the operation I am proud of the part that Britain is playing in the bid to topple the tyrant.

There are rumours that the SAS are in Libya at the moment, hunting down Gaddafi (if they find him, I wonder if they'll receive the £100 million reward that the rebels are offering anyone who finds him).

The Libyan people will likely be grateful in the coming decades for Britain's help in their struggle for democracy. They may even end up giving Britain an annual gift as a thank you, as Norway does with the Christmas tree it gives Britain every December, as a thank you to Britain for kicking the Nazis out of Norway, which stands proudly in Trafalgar Square.

At the same time, they probably won't remember Ireland's "contribution" for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

i think both of the above posts have valid points. but it's difficult to paint him simply in either a positive or negative light. prior to saddam hussein being labled a tyrant, he was a valuable ally to the west. mubarak got the highest level of US military assistance in africa, ben ali in tunisia was a regular at the elysee palace, pinochet, noriega etc etc, the list goes on. look at central asia and the regimes which are being cosied up to inorder to facilitate operations in afghanistan. for all his faults, gadaffi was a secular ruler/dictator/tyrant/egotistical maniac- whatever you will. it would be naive to expect his departure, along with other secular rulers in the region- to result in liberal democracies blossoming. is the world a better place without him? it makes absolutely zero difference except for a few weapons manufacturers and possibly BP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 budguy

Batsy wrote: »
    I thought the operation - which has UN backing - was French led.

It was also the French who started the bombing-campaign against the evil Gaddafi regime.

But whoever is leading the operation I am proud of the part that Britain is playing in the bid to topple the tyrant.

There are rumours that the SAS are in Libya at the moment, hunting down Gaddafi (if they find him, I wonder if they'll receive the £100 million reward that the rebels are offering anyone who finds him).

The Libyan people will likely be grateful in the coming decades for Britain's help in their struggle for democracy. They may even end up giving Britain an annual gift as a thank you, as Norway does with the Christmas tree it gives Britain every December, as a thank you to Britain for kicking the Nazis out of Norway, which stands proudly in Trafalgar Square.

At the same time, they probably won't remember Ireland's "contribution" for long.

the un only took over AFTER! gadafis forces captured 6 sas at the start of the invasion. the un are scum will dance to whatever beat the western alliance tell them too. the french started the bombing! so f-ing what? it was on the orders of the scum un which stands by while dictators rule until some western country comes up with a use for there resources. the "evil gadafi regime"?? give me one example of a wrong doing of his regime. will they be giving the scum of the world a gift for moving the army of mercenaries from the rape fuled congo despotism to lybia im sure they will as i am sure when libyas proud society crumbles too the scum which c@*t majesty's government sent in they will need international troops there too steal the oil and protect the routes to the sea that transport the germalite from the congo. Just keep watching sky propaganda YOU BRIT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

What about the dictators of african states committing genocide. Dont see the heroic liberators stepping in there.
    Just so happens libya sits on a **** load of oil. The happily traded with Gaddafi for years. His use is no longer needed. Game over.

booom wrote: »
    i think both of the above posts have valid points. but it's difficult to paint him simply in either a positive or negative light. prior to saddam hussein being labled a tyrant, he was a valuable ally to the west. mubarak got the highest level of US military assistance in africa, ben ali in tunisia was a regular at the elysee palace, pinochet, noriega etc etc, the list goes on. look at central asia and the regimes which are being cosied up to inorder to facilitate operations in afghanistan. for all his faults, gadaffi was a secular ruler/dictator/tyrant/egotistical maniac- whatever you will. it would be naive to expect his departure, along with other secular rulers in the region- to result in liberal democracies blossoming. is the world a better place without him? it makes absolutely zero difference except for a few weapons manufacturers and possibly BP.

i agree with your points for the most part but saying he was a secular ruler/dictator/tyrant/egotistical maniac i believe to be wrong he was a ruler not a dictator not a tyrant like our well payed so called democracys. egotistical maniac ! maybe but so what he always done what he beleaved to be right ALWAYS. just becouse he had different beliefs to us here in the west doesint make him wrong in fact i would strongly argue that the fools raised in the fantasy world of tv would be wrong 99 to 100% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

budguy wrote: »
    the "evil gadafi regime"?? give me one example of a wrong doing of his regime.
    Ask the two Libyan Air Force Colonels who defected to Malta after refusing orders to bomb civilians.

maxxie wrote: »
    What about the dictators of african states committing genocide. Dont see the heroic liberators stepping in there.
    Just so happens libya sits on a **** load of oil. The happily traded with Gaddafi for years. His use is no longer needed. Game over.

ireland is sitting on a **** load of oil in the form of gas im glad our traitor government and police play ball with the queen and just hand it over if we had just 1 non traitor leader perhaps we would have an army of well equipped mercenaries invading us. suppose the unionists would be the scum there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4_TZQTj3Y&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Gadhafi has always been a great supporter of the Irish (Republican Army).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Evade wrote: »
    Ask the two Libyan Air Force Colonels who defected to Malta after refusing orders to bomb civilians.

The yanks can and do bomb civilians by remote control these days.

Gadhafi has always been a great supporter of the Irish (Republican Army).

here here up the ra thank god some of our countrys men still are still willing to fight for our nations childeren and future

• Advertisement

RustyNut wrote: »
    The yanks can and do bomb civilians by remote control these days.
    That may be true but it's not the question that was asked.

they defected!! obiously they where playing ball with invaders you could hardly take there word for it. its like there are no cuban imagrants in america there are only exiles becouse if they dont say bad stuff about castro then they are put back on there raft. there lying !! to protect and inrich themselfs

Sorry my point was that I don't think Gadafi done anything worse than successive American leaders have done and continue to do, they just have the biggest stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

Sorry my point was that I don't think Gadafi done anything worse than successive American leaders have done and continue to do, they just have the biggest stick.

What is it about this that people don't understand?

Hes done great things for his people.

i would just like to say thanks to all replys except for the brit in denial for your replys i realy tought i was going crazy listening to our brit media its nice to know im not the last MAN standing.

There is a subtle difference though, I don't think any US forces in recent times have been specifically ordered to target civilians.

There is a subtle difference though, I don't think any US forces in recent times have been specifically ordered to target civilians.

Proof? Because all I hear is more propaganda...

They act with complete recklessness in regard to civilians. Eg fallujah.

They act with complete recklessness in regard to civilians. Eg fallujah.
    It's all about intent like the difference between hitting someone with your car because you're not paying attention and picking out someone and doing your best to hit them. Whether or not they should have been in Iraq at all is a different question.

Some poster here seem to be forgetting that there was a Libyan anti-Gaddafi rebellion before the UN Security Council Resolution 1973 was approved.

you would wanna check out wikileaks my friend it is an active part of there policy for example the elimination of any journalist who is not embeded in iraq embeded means you stay with troops and only film what they tell you too. and there is no evedance to sugest civilians where targeted by gadafi just the word of traitors it could even be an example of the b**tards tongue one side calls them civilians and calls them rebels which are civilians with guns its a b**stardisation of the old mother tongue. either way its highly unbelievable when traitors who serv the brit invaders have said it

• Advertisement

It's all about intent

are jounnalists not civilians?

are jounnalists not civilians?

yes that was my point the yanks kill them if they dont play ball

you would wanna check out wikileaks my friend it is an active part of there policy for example the elimination of any journalist who is not embeded in iraq embeded means you stay with troops and only film what they tell you too.
    Do you mean to tell me that the US military tries to kill all non embedded journalists in Iraq?

Embedded journalist can try to film whatever they want, what can be released is another matter.
    and there is no evedance to sugest civilians where targeted by gadafi just the word of traitors it could even be an example of the b**tards tongue one side calls them civilians and calls them rebels which are rebels with guns its a b**stardisation of the old mother tongue. either way its highly unbelievable when traitors who serv the brit invaders have said it
    I'll agree that some of the so called civilians that were reported as injured/dead were probably armed opposition but definitely not all.

What's with all the anti-British talk? They're not in it alone.

Do you mean to tell me that the US military tries to kill all non embedded journalists in Iraq?

Embedded journalist can try to film whatever they want, what can be released is another matter.
    t I'll agree that some of the so called civilians that were reported as injured/dead were probably armed opposition but definitely not all.

What's with all the anti-British talk? They're not in it alone.

well whats the difference and yes they have been exposed killing ALLOT of them and in 1 example riddeling a family with childeren with bullets who tryed to help an injured jurnalist http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxH9xSHcFreY there is footage of inciden perhaps some where inocent but thats the case with all wars and the brits may not be alone but there the ring leaders and the ones who held india for so long which whos revolution led to this invasion ans the first cought in the country and most likly the ones buying alloys

I was pretty moved to learn that when Gaddaffi gained power in Libya, he vowed to house every single Libyan person, before his own parents were housed. For free!

And he also carried through on his promise!

What. A. Guy.

No wonder they call him a madman, these material types...

well whats the difference and yes they have been exposed killing ALLOT of them and in 1 example riddeling a family with childeren with bullets who tryed to help an injured jurnalist http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxH9xSHcFreY there is footage of inciden
    I watched the long cut of that video and I didn't hear any specific orders to kill unarmed journalists (mistaking the camera equipment for weapons while others were armed notwithstanding) and the gunner even showed restraint in not engaging the injured man as he didn't have a weapon at the time. As for the order to engage the car well there's no excuse for it but to quote you
    perhaps some where inocent but thats the case with all wars

Obelisk wrote: »
    I was pretty moved to learn that when Gaddaffi gained power in Libya, he vowed to house every single Libyan person, before his own parents were housed. For free!

And he also carried through on his promise!

What. A. Guy.

No wonder they call him a madman, these material types...
    Well I suppose that makes up for everything else.

I watched the long cut of that video and I didn't hear any specific orders to kill unarmed journalists (mistaking the camera equipment for weapons while others were armed notwithstanding) and the gunner even showed restraint in not engaging the injured man as he didn't have a weapon at the time. As for the order to engage the car well there's no excuse for it but to quote you

Well I suppose that makes up for everything else.

your scum i hope at some stage in life you realize the difference between right and wrong and suffer every night thinking about what scum you are. you should go join the guards or something and what do you mean everything else what has he done thats wrong? and the american who struggled with his conscience and did the right thing and released that video has been in solitary confinement ever scince and will never walk free again but some people will do the right thing dispite the consequences just like gadafi! fare play to him

Mod Note: Abuse is unacceptable on here

You can't have it both ways. You can't vilify the US for unfortunate civilian casualties while giving Gaddafi a free pass to indiscriminately kill his own people.

He has admitted to, even bragged about funding and supplying terrorists around the World.

Not all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

Its all about the oil,pure and simple.although I am very surprised the Chinese didn't step in as they had contracts with Ghadafi.
    Wait a few months and BP,Total and Shell will get first pick of the fields.
    Even before the West started the "uprising",memos were sent to those on the ground to protect the oilfields first and foremost!!!!!!
    Oil in Iraq,Heroin in Afghanistan,Oil in Libya.

Advertisement