Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Feeling a lot better now, it was a complete anxiety dream but also it was eerily quiet on my road, normally it's a hellhole of screaming kids and cars.

Dropping my dad to the airport later, it's 40 in Austraila today, the ba$tard. I'm a bit worried about him re the long flight though so will be happy when I know he has made it ok.

Black pudding for lunch, Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Happy Birthday The Lovely Muffin! :)

And happy belated birthday Pembily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

This is probably gonna make me look silly, but how come Ireland get two songs at the beginning of a rugby match? I know the national anthem is normal but how come they get the other song too?

Happy birthday, Muffin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 united_lmc

Yikes!

Hope ye're ok. I guess no-one saw what happened?

Nobody else was around at the time. My back is at me today but could have been alot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Dropping my dad to the airport later, it's 40 in Austraila today, the ba$tard. I'm a bit worried about him re the long flight though so will be happy when I know he has made it ok.

Ah yes but its 29 in melbourne at the min, its also 00.40 so its yuck to try sleep in, there is always a downside!

Hope your dad is ok on the flight, hopefully he will sleep a while and that will shorten it!

• Advertisement

united_lmc wrote: »
    Nobody else was around at the time. My back is at me today but could have been alot worse.

That sucks, hope you feel better soon, no chance of cctv in the area?? its horrible for someone to just drive off, how could they live with themselves??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Kiera wrote: »
    This is probably gonna make me look silly, but how come Ireland get two songs at the beginning of a rugby match? I know the national anthem is normal but how come they get the other song too?

Happy birthday, Muffin :)

Irelands song is because there are players that were born in NI on the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Happy birthday Muffin!! :D

oh Rob Kearney......id break ya!! nom nom nom!!!

yes i am a pervert hahaha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Out in the car with my mom last night and a woman crashed straight into the back of us.
    And she got away before we could get her insurance details. Not the best start to the weekend.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is absolutely awful. I hope karma gets her, what a disgusting thing to do, crash into someone and drive off?!

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys :)

Have such a craving for pizza and I cannot stand the frozen ones, bleugh! There's a really nice take away in town that delivers and their pizza's are awesome, freshly made every day. Mmmm. I'm really tempted to order from them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy birthday Muffin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Happiest of birthdays, The Lovely Muffin! :D

So I finally managed to get enough documents with my name spelled correctly (a surprisingly difficult and time-consuming task!) for my passport application. I went up to the garda station so the photos could be stamped and my signature on the lost/stolen section could be stamped and witnessed, and then I happily went to the post office to send it away. But it was closed. And won't be open again until Monday. Grrrrrrrr, I wanted to send it away today because then I might have had it by the end of next week. I really hope I get it within the first few days of March or I could miss out on getting a place in the accommodation, which would lead to a whole host of nightmarish situations!

On the plus side, this week has been so good in general and I hardly stopped smiling since Tuesday. My jaws are a tiny bit sore now but it's all well worth it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Happy birthday The Lovely Muffin :)

Links glad you are feeling so positive about things.

I had a weird night last night. I'm prob going to get slated for this, but I'm relatively anonymous here and I really need to say it to someone.

This married man that I work with came onto me at a work do. He was very obvious about it so def no mistake. Now I wasn't even tempted for a sec because he's married and i was really shocked. Buy I was also really really flattered. He's an attractive bloke and if he was single I def would have gone out with him.

Today i feel really icky about it, I mean I should have walked away after he propositioned me but I kept talking to him and my other work colleagues and while I told him no way no how, I didn't exactly discourage the flirting apart from that.

*sigh*

Out in the car with my mom last night and a woman crashed straight into the back of us.
    And she got away before we could get her insurance details. Not the best start to the weekend.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is absolutely awful. I hope karma gets her, what a disgusting thing to do, crash into someone and drive off?!

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys :)

Have such a craving for pizza and I cannot stand the frozen ones, bleugh! There's a really nice take away in town that delivers and their pizza's are awesome, freshly made every day. Mmmm. I'm really tempted to order from them :o
    It's your birthday go get pizza :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 united_lmc

careymary wrote: »
    That sucks, hope you feel better soon, no chance of cctv in the area?? its horrible for someone to just drive off, how could they live with themselves??

No i doubt there would be any cctv where it happened. Don't know why someone would just drive off after that without even checking if we were injured or not.

Happy Birthday lovely muffin!

Happy Birthday the Lovely Muffin

Tigger99- you said no so you should have a clear conscience in my book, why should you have been the one to walk away, he was the one being inappropriate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Tigger99 wrote: »

I had a weird night last night. I'm prob going to get slated for this, but I'm relatively anonymous here and I really need to say it to someone.

This married man that I work with came onto me at a work do. He was very obvious about it so def no mistake. Now I wasn't even tempted for a sec because he's married and i was really shocked. Buy I was also really really flattered. He's an attractive bloke and if he was single I def would have gone out with him.

Today i feel really icky about it, I mean I should have walked away after he propositioned me but I kept talking to him and my other work colleagues and while I told him no way no how, I didn't exactly discourage the flirting apart from that.

*sigh*

but you are not in the wrong! you shouldnt feel icky about it! its normal to feel flattered but you turned down his advances....you know the difference between right and wrong

dont feel bad! you did the right thing :)

Also 42-10..........BOOM!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

musical.x wrote: »
    that's awful Mollikins i hope you are feeling better.
    if you still feel really down over it send her an email and to ask her to clarify what she meant :)

Thanks musical.x. :)
    Don’t have her e-mail address so can’t send her an email. I think it’s more of a case of me just getting over it and letting it go because if I did approach her and ask her to clarify it she would ignore me in lecturers from now on and wouldn’t answer my questions about assignments and stuff. I told her about how he died and she said ‘Are you serious?’ and from the way she said it and her facial expression it really sounded like she thought I was lying which is insulting towards me and also insulting my poor uncles memory. :(

The only reason I was speaking to her about him was because I was asking her would she like to buy a little badge in support of a organisation that works to prevent deaths from the condition he died from. Really regret ever saying anything about him, even though I was only trying to raise some money for a great facility which doesn’t get any government funding at all. :( She never even bought a badge after all that and they were only €2! :rolleyes: Maybe I picked up on the situation wrong, since it’s such an emotional topic, but I’ve had this tutor since last September and I see her for at least a couple of hours every day so I think I know her fairly well at this stage. At best you could describe her as being dismissive of what I saying about my uncle, which is totally uncalled for. I think I’ll just keep my head down and ignore her for the rest of the year.

The Post your Pet pics thread over in Animals and Pet Issues has some great pics atm that have cheered me up a bit. :)

Kiera wrote: »
    It's your birthday go get pizza :)
    That's it. I'm persuaded. :D :pac:
    Happy Birthday the Lovely Muffin

Tigger99- you said no so you should have a clear conscience in my book, why should you have been the one to walk away, he was the one being inappropriate!
    but you are not in the wrong! you shouldnt feel icky about it! its normal to feel flattered but you turned down his advances....you know the difference between right and wrong

dont feel bad! you did the right thing :)

Also 42-10..........BOOM!!!! :D
    I agree with both of you. Tigger you are in no way to blame, the guy was fully to blame.

You said you were chatting to him and work colleagues. You couldn't exactly just walk away from everyone. He should have been the one to walk away, not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Just did a huuuuuge bedroom decluttering. Felt great :D

Still haven't tackled the wardrobe though... that's a whole other beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

neighbour is gone for the weekend and her kitty was looking a bit miserable so let her in for a while, now she's panned out on my couch

iqk4fc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Tigger99 wrote: »

*sigh*

You did nothing wrong! You said no and weren't even tempted, so you've nothing to feel bad about. Be proud of yourself for doing the right thing and don't beat yourself up. *hugs*

Happy birthday muffin!!! Have lots of cake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

So in typically saturday fashion, I've been doing little around the house and had love songs on in the house. Had to turn them over cos I was getting upset. The whole long distance thing with my boyfriend is getting to me big time. I really miss him. I miss coming home to him, laughing with him, waking up in bed with him.

I know it's only a month I have to wait to see him but I had to tell someone how I felt about it. I know it could be much worse but still! Bah!

Pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh :D:D:D:D

So I am away and am staying in a hostel at the min, some of the people in the hostel have been keeping a cat, I amnt a fan of cats but they have been keeping him downstairs so I have kept out of it
    Yesterday I was on the loo and the cat came darting under the door, stared at me and ran away, I thought that was a bit mad, then this morning the fecking thing was shoved under my shower door, while I was in the shower, it got water on it and went beserk, not fun
    I think the are pushing the poor cat into places and thats not fair, I dont even like cats but thats not on............
    I think I am going to speak to the hostel manager in the morning, any time I talk to anyone here they all pass it on oh no that's Sarah's cat, or Jane's cat or whoever, I dont want to be involved but I dont want the cat being treated like that, people are strange

So I spoke with the hostel manager and he said he would speak to the people staying here about how they are treating the cat and on Monday he is going to re-home the cat to a shelter place,
    feel bad for the cat but its being mistreated here,
    Now the cat seems to think I want to be its friend, I have been letting it hide in my room,(the others dont mind) but I have no interest in petting it and it keeps jumping up on my bed giving me a mini heart attack! Thats what I get for a good deed, tormented by a cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Mollikins wrote: »
    Thanks musical.x. :)
    Don’t have her e-mail address so can’t send her an email. I think it’s more of a case of me just getting over it and letting it go because if I did approach her and ask her to clarify it she would ignore me in lecturers from now on and wouldn’t answer my questions about assignments and stuff. I told her about how he died and she said ‘Are you serious?’ and from the way she said it and her facial expression it really sounded like she thought I was lying which is insulting towards me and also insulting my poor uncles memory. :(

The only reason I was speaking to her about him was because I was asking her would she like to buy a little badge in support of a organisation that works to prevent deaths from the condition he died from. Really regret ever saying anything about him, even though I was only trying to raise some money for a great facility which doesn’t get any government funding at all. :( She never even bought a badge after all that and they were only €2! :rolleyes: Maybe I picked up on the situation wrong, since it’s such an emotional topic, but I’ve had this tutor since last September and I see her for at least a couple of hours every day so I think I know her fairly well at this stage. At best you could describe her as being dismissive of what I saying about my uncle, which is totally uncalled for. I think I’ll just keep my head down and ignore her for the rest of the year.

The Post your Pet pics thread over in Animals and Pet Issues has some great pics atm that have cheered me up a bit. :)
    the least she could do was buy the badge :rolleyes: at least then her snide remark could be passed over.
    i think you are right to just keep your head down. at least you won't be stuck with her for much longer :)

Happy Birthday Muffin :D

I ate too much pizza, but damn it was delicious.

I ate too much pizza, but damn it was delicious.
    Are you heading out tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going to see safe house tonight,hope its good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Going to see safe house tonight,hope its good :)

The ads are certainly rather impressive. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The ads are certainly rather impressive. :)

Indeed :).........It was either safe house or some chick flick my friend was pushing for called "the vow" :-|

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement