Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You are what you eat (Channel4)

Options
  • 07-02-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Don't want to make any particular comments about the merits (or lack of) for this show just want to pass comment on the shows host.

The womans accent is probably the most awful voice I've ever heard as she lays out a table of junk food and preaches away to these fatties.

So I had to read up on her (Gillian McKeith) and to my shock I found out she's only in her mid-40's. She's well scrubbed up and all but she really looks like a bag a of spanners and behind the slap I would have guessed she was in her late 50's. But to my shock she was only born in 1959.

I'm in good shape and all but got me thinking being fit is grand but if I look as old and sound as miserable as her at 46 with healthy-living I think I'll start a on a junk-food binge right now and at least die laughing (albeit sooner than her probably).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Her so called qualifications come from a very dubious American college too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I'm sick of shows like this trying to make people younger or fitter. And the state of those trinny and susanna trying to tell people how to dress.
    Anyway that was my slightly off topic rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Pigman II wrote:
    Don't want to make any particular comments about the merits (or lack of) for this show just want to pass comment on the shows host.

The womans accent is probably the most awful voice I've ever heard as she lays out a table of junk food and preaches away to these fatties.

So I had to read up on her (Gillian McKeith) and to my shock I found out she's only in her mid-40's. She's well scrubbed up and all but she really looks like a bag a of spanners and behind the slap I would have guessed she was in her late 50's. But to my shock she was only born in 1959.

I'm in good shape and all but got me thinking being fit is grand but if I look as old and sound as miserable as her at 46 with healthy-living I think I'll start a on a junk-food binge right now and at least die laughing (albeit sooner than her probably).

I think shes great, She tells it like it is. The episodes with Michelle McManus were good. I thought the 2 of them might have got into a cat fight at one stage, the way they were bickering

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm sick of shows like this trying to make people younger or fitter. And the state of those trinny and susanna trying to tell people how to dress.
    Anyway that was my slightly off topic rant.
    But don't you want to look more feminine!!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement