Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2015 Babies Club

Options
  • 24-09-2014 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone else due in June? My due date is the very end of May but I'm fairly sure I ovulated late and will be having a June baby.

This is my second. I had a baby in June 2013 (it's a good month to have a baby!). I just booked my pregnancy into the hospital and have my first appointment the 25th November

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Woshy wrote: »
    Anyone else due in June? My due date is the very end of May but I'm fairly sure I ovulated late and will be having a June baby.

This is my second. I had a baby in June 2013 (it's a good month to have a baby!). I just booked my pregnancy into the hospital and have my first appointment the 25th November

I'm due the 4th of June so still really early days, only 4 weeks,This is my first so loads of questions, when should I go visit my gp?
    Congratulations xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Petal765 wrote: »
    I'm due the 4th of June so still really early days, only 4 weeks,This is my first so loads of questions, when should I go visit my gp?
    Congratulations xx

Thanks! Just go whenever you want., it's up to you. I didn't actually see mine. Last time when I told him I had a positive pregnancy test he just said congratulations, asked me how I was feeling, talked to me about folic acid etc and referred me to the hospital of my choice (by giving me a letter) and that was it. They don't do much when you first go in!

At my baby's last vaccination I told him we were trying for another and he said next time I could just ring his surgery and he'd write the referral letter for me -save me €50. I did that this morning and rang Holles Street just after to book in my pregnancy. I got my positive test last Thursday.

If you've any questions I'm happy to answer them! A big congrats to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Thanks! Just go whenever you want., it's up to you. I didn't actually see mine. Last time when I told him I had a positive pregnancy test he just said congratulations, asked me how I was feeling, talked to me about folic acid etc and referred me to the hospital of my choice (by giving me a letter) and that was it. They don't do much when you first go in!

At my baby's last vaccination I told him we were trying for another and he said next time I could just ring his surgery and he'd write the referral letter for me -save me €50. I did that this morning and rang Holles Street just after to book in my pregnancy. I got my positive test last Thursday.

If you've any questions I'm happy to answer them! A big congrats to you.

That's great you could ring and sort it like that, I think I might go to my gp for the first time and then go from there, can't believe how nauseous and bloated I am already.... Didn't think I'd feel like this so early, not complaining though, gonna enjoy it as much as I can, how are you feeling, any early symptoms?

Petal765 wrote: »
    That's great you could ring and sort it like that, I think I might go to my gp for the first time and then go from there, can't believe how nauseous and bloated I am already.... Didn't think I'd feel like this so early, not complaining though, gonna enjoy it as much as I can, how are you feeling, any early symptoms?

Yeah, as it's your first definitely see your GP. I was just over 5 weeks on my first when I went to the GP. The bloating goes kick in quick! I hope your nausea doesn't get too bad.

My boobs are very sore and I'm nauseous but it goes away if I eat. I had hyperemesis gravidarum on my first. I vomited constantly from 6.5 weeks to about 18 weeks and then it cleared up completely by about 22/23 weeks when I gave up work (I was just too ill). I couldn't even keep water down and lost huge amounts of weight and was hospitalised to go on fluids a few times. At the moment the nausea goes away if I nibble on crackers or something which never happened last time so I'm hopeful this time might be better. I have a toddler to look after too and am at home with him so that might help distract me! I found the second half of pregnancy and labour no problem at all though so that was good.

I'm v bloated too, because it's my second and my abdominal muscles are weaker it's making me look about 4 months pregnant already!

Not sure if there are any other June mamas out there yet? Hopefully we'll get a few more along :)

I had a bit of a scare with some bleeding and pain over the weekend and was in the EPU this morning for a scan. Everything is fine, we saw the heart beating and everything (had a vaginal scan). I'm so impressed with the EPU, it's been re-done since my last pregnancy and they were just fab today. There's a little separate waiting room and scanner for early pregnancy so you don't have to sit with the ladies with massive bumps while you're worried about your own pregnancy and I really appreciated that.

My hyperemesis has also kicked in big time again - it's just reached the not keeping water down phase which happened way later on my first. I saw a doc while I was in the hospital today and he was so good too, very sympathetic and he prescribed something to take that hopefully should keep the vomiting at bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I just got my BFP yesterday and it said 1-2 weeks so I figure mid June.:)

This is my second and I have found out a good bit earlier than last time.

Is it too early to go to the doctor?

Jem123 wrote: »
    I just got my BFP yesterday and it said 1-2 weeks so I figure mid June.:)

This is my second and I have found out a good bit earlier than last time.

Is it too early to go to the doctor?

Congrats! I think you'd be ok to go to your GP anytime. On my first I was just 5 weeks when I went down. I got a 1-2 weeks thing too on my digital and That was the day before I was 4 weeks pregnant. Do you know your due/date day of your last period? You figure out how many weeks pregnant you are by counting from the first day of your last period.

Last period was September 4th. Will go to the doctor early next week I think. So exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hello ladies, can I join you?! Just got a positive, due 7th June! ! Baby number two, have a 21 month old already. Seem to be more scared on this one for some reason? !

Last period was September 4th. Will go to the doctor early next week I think. So exciting!

It is exciting! Hopefully the time until June will go quickly!
    Hello ladies, can I join you?! Just got a positive, due 7th June! ! Baby number two, have a 21 month old already. Seem to be more scared on this one for some reason? !

Congrats! I feel more apprehensive this time because I know what's coming - both with pregnancy/labour and the first few exhausting months! You're kind of going in with your eyes open I think :)

I took the first of my drugs (Cariban) last night and I think it's going to work. The doctor told me it takes a week to fully kick in but today, while I was still nauseated all day it was a lot less noticeable and debilitating. Also, I didn't even retch once, never mind puking which compare to yesterday's puke marathon is a miracle! Here's hoping it will continue this pregnancy won't be quite so tough :)

• Advertisement

Woshy that's tough going feeling so ill with a toddler to look after. Did you take that medication last time? It's funny my mind is racing now, I'd been feeling off all week like I was about to get flu, boobs felt different and bloated tummy. I'd partially ignored them thinking I was over thinking but wasn't ha ha! Still extremely early days so cautious .

Woshy that's tough going feeling so ill with a toddler to look after. Did you take that medication last time? It's funny my mind is racing now, I'd been feeling off all week like I was about to get flu, boobs felt different and bloated tummy. I'd partially ignored them thinking I was over thinking but wasn't ha ha! Still extremely early days so cautious .

Yeah, it's funny you get all excited and then you think oh, who knows what will happen I better reign it in a bit! It's a scary time. Did you have an easy enough pregnancy last time? I hope you don't suffer too badly in your first trimester :)

No, I didn't really take medication last time. I took one type for a couple of days and it didn't work so I didn't push it. They were very reluctant to give it to me and I guess I didn't realise just how sick I was compared to other women until later in my pregnancy when it has almost gone away. I didn't realise how abnormal it was to feel sick 24/7 and not be able to keep even water down. Last time I remember the sickness being completely gone by my scan at 21 weeks and I think by 17 weeks I was able to eat a meal.

This time I just told the doctor that I have a toddler at home, that I didn't have time to be in and out of hospital on drips and that I wasn't going to suffer like that again. The doctor agreed completely and gave me a prescription. The drug I'm taking isn't in Ireland long I don't think so I wouldn't have taken this one last time anyway.

Anyway, I had an extremely healthy 8lbs 1oz baby last time so it didn't do him any harm at all!

I luckily had a relatively easy pregnancy last time, just exhaustion at the beginning which I can feel creeping in again this time! ! Hopefully we'll have more to join us soon!

I luckily had a relatively easy pregnancy last time, just exhaustion at the beginning which I can feel creeping in again this time! ! Hopefully we'll have more to join us soon!

Ah, the exhaustion is tough enough - especially with a toddler at home. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard!

Yeah, hopefully we'll have more June mamas soon. I was actually on the June 2013 thread (on an account since closed) and I'm still in touch with most of the girls from there. They knew about this pregnancy pretty quickly and have been v supportive. It's a great resource to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I'm popping my head into this thread - as I am borderline between May and June. My estimated due date based on my last period is May 31st. This might move to June once I have my first scan though! :)

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I'm popping my head into this thread - as I am borderline between May and June. My estimated due date based on my last period is May 31st. This might move to June once I have my first scan though! :)

I'm in a similar position. My due date is technically the 29th may but I'd say it'll be a June baby :) last baby my due date was moved to be a week later as he measured early on an early scan

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Hi ladies.... exciting times ahead! I was at the GP only yesterday and told to expect a little arrival in early-mid June. This was our first month of officially trying for a baby so needless to say we're both still in shock as we had assumed it could take some time. Nice to know there are more June mums-to-be out there. This will be our first so it's exciting and scary!

I finally went to the doctor today, 6 days after getting my 1-2 week positive and 3 first response positives. All 3 of doctors tests were negative. :(

She took blood so have to wait another day or so for results.

Fingers crossed :o

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Hi ladies.... exciting times ahead! I was at the GP only yesterday and told to expect a little arrival in early-mid June. This was our first month of officially trying for a baby so needless to say we're both still in shock as we had assumed it could take some time. Nice to know there are more June mums-to-be out there. This will be our first so it's exciting and scary!

Congrats! I got pregnant first month of trying with my first too and it is a shock! You'll have ten months to get used to it anyway :) It took me a little bit longer this time though. Here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy!
    I finally went to the doctor today, 6 days after getting my 1-2 week positive and 3 first response positives. All 3 of doctors tests were negative. :(

Oh no :( I have everything crossed for you and hope the blood tests come back quickly

Hope all works out for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Doctors tests may not be as sensitive so don't worry yet. I had a positive digital and lots of others then did a digital 3 days later and it was negative. I was so upset so got another first response and the second line came up immediately.
    Fingers crossed the blood test will be positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Good morning ladies. Hope you all slept well.

I would be interested to hear if any of you are having weird symptoms already so early on in pregnancy. Not to be crude but I'm already peeing like a trouper and also feeling freezing cold even with multiple layers and the heating on. I'm only 5 weeks along at this point. Any weird symptoms? x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Fifi your kidneys start working more efficiently very early and your growing uterus puts pressure on your bladder so that's normal. I'm always cold so can't advise on that!

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies. Hope you all slept well.

I would be interested to hear if any of you are having weird symptoms already so early on in pregnancy. Not to be crude but I'm already peeing like a trouper and also feeling freezing cold even with multiple layers and the heating on. I'm only 5 weeks along at this point. Any weird symptoms? x

Sounds par for the course! I'm not a big peer but I know loads of women suffer from needing to pee a lot in the first trimester as their uterus grows.

Obviously my biggest symptom is lots of vomiting but I have noticed I drool every so often. That happened to me last time and is so awkward if you're talking to someone when it happen!

Sounds par for the course! I'm not a big peer but I know loads of women suffer from needing to pee a lot in the first trimester as their uterus grows.

Obviously my biggest symptom is lots of vomiting but I have noticed I drool every so often. That happened to me last time and is so awkward if you're talking to someone when it happen!

I've been feeling nauseous but no actual vomiting. The thought of some foods completely turns my stomach though.
    Also, not sure if it's related but I've had sinus pain the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I've been feeling nauseous but no actual vomiting. The thought of some foods completely turns my stomach though.
    Also, not sure if it's related but I've had sinus pain the last few days.

Same here, I'm not even really nauseous, just the thought of lots of food turns me off, or the thought of making food. I've discovered I can eat anything if it's put down in front of me, but can't make some things, a fact which my husband and mum just think is me being lazy! :rolleyes:

Sinus problems are also very common, I haven't been able to breathe through my nose since 4 days before I got the positive test.

Same here, I'm not even really nauseous, just the thought of lots of food turns me off, or the thought of making food. I've discovered I can eat anything if it's put down in front of me, but can't make some things, a fact which my husband and mum just think is me being lazy! :rolleyes:

Sinus problems are also very common, I haven't been able to breathe through my nose since 4 days before I got the positive test.

I'm the same with food spottybananas. Preparing food seems to turn me off that food entirely.

I've got really sore boobs today. The most sore they've been so far.

Sore boobs and itchy nipples!!

The itchy nipples are so annoying!

My vomiting has got worse and worse, nothing including water is really staying down. If it's as bad tomorrow I've to go into the hospital to go on a drip.

I just keep telling myself that it is worth it (especially when I see my little boy running around laughing) and that is does end. I'd say I've another 8 weeks of being quite sick to go. I did it before and worked full time at the same time - I can do it again!

• Advertisement

The itchy nipples are so annoying!

My vomiting has got worse and worse, nothing including water is really staying down. If it's as bad tomorrow I've to go into the hospital to go on a drip.

I just keep telling myself that it is worth it (especially when I see my little boy running around laughing) and that is does end. I'd say I've another 8 weeks of being quite sick to go. I did it before and worked full time at the same time - I can do it again!

Fingers crossed you feel a bit better tomorrow Woshy!

Advertisement