Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to make booking in appointment?

Options
  • 28-09-2011 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I know this sounds like a stupid question given that I'm onto baby number 2 but I can't get anyone to answer the phone at the hospital.

I am currently 5.5 weeks (found out on Sunday) and I want to go to Drogheda. I got a letter from my doctor and he told me to give it to the hospital. On the last pregnancy I sent it to "Maternity Unit" at the hospital but they never received the letter so it took a couple of weeks of frantic phonecalls to finally get my booking in appointment at almost 17 weeks.

I tried calling the hospital this morning but I only have the number for the main switchboard and when they transferred me to the maternity department the phone just rang out.

Does anyone have a direct number (google hasn't helped) or know the exact address where I should send the letter? I'd rather have the appointment before 17 weeks this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would sent the letter anyway.

Someone here must have the direct no. It would be on the letters they send out with your appointment date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shatzie

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I would sent the letter anyway.

Someone here must have the direct no. It would be on the letters they send out with your appointment date.

I've just put the letter in the post (well a copy of it after it going missing the last time). They're still not answering the phone, I'd say the woman at the main desk is sick of me calling by now.

I've also been thinking about maybe going to a different hospital but Drogheda is very handy for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I'd post the letter off but keep a copy of it

Not sure if these are different to what you are trying but contact numbers are as follows
    Tel: (041) 9837601
    Fax: (041) 9833868

I'd post the letter off but keep a copy of it

Not sure if these are different to what you are trying but contact numbers are as follows
    Tel: (041) 9837601
    Fax: (041) 9833868

Thanks, yes those are the numbers I have. I get transferred to the maternity unit and then it rings for absolutely ages until it sounds like someone picks the phone up and hangs up on me :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

If you dont hear back within a week or ten days then Call into them, if you will be in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Whenever i phone drogheda i ask for the Ante-natal department.. that's the one downstairs where the clinic is.. your best day to phone is tuesday, thats when the clinic is on and there's always someone there.. the maternity unit is upstairs. .
    Sometimes it does take a while for the phone to be answered but persevere;)..

Whenever i phone drogheda i ask for the Ante-natal department.. that's the one downstairs where the clinic is.. your best day to phone is tuesday, thats when the clinic is on and there's always someone there.. the maternity unit is upstairs. .
    Sometimes it does take a while for the phone to be answered but persevere;)..i've had to change a good few appointments and never had trouble getting through to them

cbyrd wrote: »
    Sometimes it does take a while for the phone to be answered but persevere;)..i've had to change a good few appointments and never had trouble getting through to them

Thanks for that. I know last time I was there (years ago!) my booking in appointment was on a Friday but I'll try it every day. I've sent the letter to the "Maternity Unit" rather than "Ante-natal department". Do you think I should send off another letter?

No for the app i'd send it to the maternity unit but the ante-natal apps are given out downstairs so that's where you ask for when you phone. . but i'd be surprised if you get an app before 17 weeks.. i was 16 weeks this time when i got the booking app and i went to the doc at 5 weeks..

I did phone them at about 8 weeks cos i hadn't heard from them but i was told just to wait cos there wasn't anything urgent in my letter. . .(I got my booking app at 9 weeks with my last little boy and assumed it'd be the same with this one)funnily enough it was the gp that addressed the letter for me..unless your gp stated that you need an earlier app for either dating or early scan it'll be that long, . .:( sorry. . best of luck ;)

It was almost 17 weeks last time so I'm expecting that again. I'm going to go for private scans myself in the meantime for my own peace of mind. That's what I did last time anyway and it was well worth it, especially the big 20 week scan that Drogheda don't do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jennylouise

Hiya does anyone know how far along u have to be to still ask to use the mlu. Im very far along and really want to change to the mlu as im hearing more and more about it and wasnt told anything bar i couldnt have pain relief so of course i said no straight away but now i know more and am dying to join it but not sure if am too late along in my pregnancy to do it???

Advertisement