Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech Cs350 Bell tamper help....

• 10-04-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Aritech Cs350 - it is reporting a bell tamper alarm.

I've looked at the internal bell box and confirm that the switch ( with spring on it ) is working.
    I've traced the wires back to the Control cabinet - but find only two connected ( the Red and Black ( + and -)). The blue and yellow wires, while they are wired into the bell tamper box, don't appear to be connected in the cabinet . I think they may have come loose ..... but I don't know which terminals to connect them back to.:confused:
    Could someone tell me the terminal numbers they should be connected to ?
    I have the picture and explanation of the terminals ( on the inside of the cover) - but am not 100% on which are the correct ones.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Terminals 6 and 7 are for the strobe plus internal bell.
    Terminals 4 and 5 are for the external bell.
    Terminal 16 is the BHO, 17 is the tamper return.

Is there a resistor going across terminal 16 and 17 ? This is for the tamper of the external bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bgengine1

Hi, Thanks for the reply,

I've attached a picture of the box,

I'm not sure what is attached to what ...

You can see the blue and yellow wires (from the interior bell housing) coming into the cabinet box - but are just lying loose ( next to terminal 9 and 11) I'm not sure if / where these should be connected ?

thanks

The tamper the fault is referring to is the tamper on the external bell. Your internal bell tamper is not connected. You should be checking the tamper on the external bell to see if the lid has come loose.

ok - thanks,

the tamper on the internal box used to work as far as I can remember, should it be wired ? - why are the yellow and blue wires wired to it but not connected inside the cabinet ?

On the external bell - I guess I'll have to get a ladder and go and look at it - are you suggesting the cover may have come off it ?

Is it possible to disable this tamper bell alarm and still use the alarm ?

thanks

You could wire them in series with the external bell tamper but I would suggest trying to fix the issue with it before doing this.

If you put a 4K7 resistor across terminals 16 and 17 this will allow you use the alarm till you can fix the tamper on the bell. It will also rule out any issue with the board.

• Advertisement

trying the 4.7k resister makes sense - good idea.
    out of curiosity - can this tamper bell alarm be disabled from the menu ?

regards

bgengine1 wrote: »
    trying the 4.7k resister makes sense - good idea.
    out of curiosity - can this tamper bell alarm be disabled from the menu ?

regards

There is no need to do anything with the programming of the alarm if you put the resistor in the panel. I would only leave it like this till you can get the tamper fixed on the external bell.

ok - many thanks for your help..

regards

ok - many thanks for your help..

regards

Your welcome, any problems let us know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You will need to have a look at the external bell. My guess is a loose lid or a rusty switch
    Safety first. if you are not confident using a ladder then call a licensed professional

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,

I removed the two cables from 16 and 17 and I put the 4.7 K accross terminals 16 & 17 as you suggested ( actually all I could find was two 10k which i put in parallel to make 5k )
    When I did this - the bell tamper error was no longer reported and the system says it 'Armed OK'..
    However - the external siren was now sounding ( even though the alarm says it was 'armed ok'

When I removed the resistor and reconnected the two cables back to 16 & 17 the external siren stopped ! - but reported a bell tamper open zone again....

Does this make sense to you ?

Getting to the external box is going to be difficult for me for a while so am wondering if I can get the alarm some way functional until then ? ( ie: disable the tamper alarm) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

once you remove the hold-off(BHO) the ext bell will sound. Replace hold-off and place the resistors across 16&17. Dont reconnect the tamper return

Hi Altor,

I removed the two cables from 16 and 17 and I put the 4.7 K accross terminals 16 & 17 as you suggested ( actually all I could find was two 10k which i put in parallel to make 5k )
    When I did this - the bell tamper error was no longer reported and the system says it 'Armed OK'..
    However - the external siren was now sounding ( even though the alarm says it was 'armed ok'

When I removed the resistor and reconnected the two cables back to 16 & 17 the external siren stopped ! - but reported a bell tamper open zone again....

Does this make sense to you ?

Getting to the external box is going to be difficult for me for a while so am wondering if I can get the alarm some way functional until then ? ( ie: disable the tamper alarm) ?

Yes that is correct, the bell will sound till the battery dies or if there is a cut out in the bell it will stop when the time runs out. You will need to remove all the cables for the external bell. Once you fix the tamper fault simply reconnect the cable in the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fs1980

Hi,

hope someone can help me.
    I have a an Aritech cs350 alarm control box and just changed the outside bell box as the old one was giving trouble. The new bell box is a GE Aritech as580, i think i have all the wires wired up correctly according to the wiring diagram. But when i reconnect the the power bell tamper is showing on the panel?? Cant figure out why this is happening.

thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the lid on correctly?
    Is BHO (Bell hold off) wired correctly.Have you wired in the resistor in series with the tamper return?
    Perhaps if you tell us the connections you have made we can diagnose further.

I have attached the wiring diagram i got with the bell box, have connect the cables as shown in the diagram. Some of the wires were different colour to that on the diagram but connected them to correct numbers from control box.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All seems right.
    On the tamper return cable is there a 4k7 resistor wired in series?

all i did was connect the cables like it showed in the diagram. it did not say anything about a 4k7 resistor. But on the old circuit board in the bell box i took down there is a resistor wired in a loop from the tamper return connector into the connector next to it.
    not sure if i should do this in the new bell box as i was not supplied with the resistor!? If i do wire in the resistor, does it go into the TL connector?
    there is the option to cut a cable on the panel, it says "cut J4k7 for the 4k7 EOL resistor" , not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Cutting that should series in the built in resistor. If not wire the old one in in series with the tamper return. I'd say that's whats causing your bell tamper.

i will try that tomorrow. Fingers crossed that works.

thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

fs1980 wrote: »
    i will try that tomorrow. Fingers crossed that works.

thanks for your help.

That worked for the for the bell box, thanks koolkid.
    Just wonder if u would know a reason for my alarm going off even when it's not set?! It also sometimes goes off when I open the front door, without giving me time to unset it?
    Thanks.

The system is constantly monitoring for tampers. What shows up on the keypad when it goes off if you open the front door.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    The system is constantly monitoring for tampers. What shows up on the keypad when it goes off if you open the front door.?

The keypad shows Tamper 01 front door..... I disarmed the alarm then which silenced the ringers, but a few min later the alarm activated and 03 back down showed up on panel.

And does it show tamper on zone 3 as well?
    This is cause by either bad connections or a loose device lid or screw.

And does it show tamper on zone 3 as well?
    This is cause by either bad connections or a loose device lid or screw.

Ya it shows tamper for zone 3 too.
    So its prob a problem with the door sensors? If so and I must change them, can I just change them for new ones without having to reprogram the alarm. Cause I don't have engineers code to assess panel.
    Thanks

You can but there may be connection problems & the sensors may be fine. Check them out first. You will not need to do any reprogramming just to change a sensor or contact.

You can but there may be connection problems & the sensors may be fine. Check them out first. You will not need to do any reprogramming just to change a sensor or contact.

I will try that so.
    Thanks again for the help.

If you open the sensors & take a pic I can talk you through bypassing the tampers & see how that goes.

If you open the sensors & take a pic I can talk you through bypassing the tampers & see how that goes.

Ok I will try that 2morrow. Would I be right in saying there is a tamper switch is those sensors so?

• Advertisement

Some have a leaf switch ,others have pin connections.

Advertisement