Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

rte "24" delayed a week

• 24-05-2004 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hi
    why did rte postpone the last 24 episode by a week to this tuesday?
    its bloody anoying and it also means that im gowna start watching it on sky one as they are now only 2 days behind rte and they show it in widescreen

ive heard before that rte usully do this in such things like friends and other US shows they get a few weeks before sky and E4, that is, start it earlier to get the audience and then cut it for a couple weeks half way through the season!
    i normally wait, but i obviously couldnt wait for 24!

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Correct me if I'm wrong (I've been half-watching it on Sky) but weren't they only two days ahead of Sky until two weeks ago when they showed two episodes back to back so they could skip a week and still be two days ahead of Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

not too sure, not in the lst couple wks anyway.
    i was getting the videos sent over from a person in the states so i was getting the episodes weeks before her, but then that stopped, so ive just been watchin on rte for about 3 weeks i think.

but having a week of is really annoying when ur addicted to any show, but for 24, its almost unbearable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What about you suck it up and stop whinging?

It's a TV show and it's only a week. Boohoo.

(yes I am in a bad mood)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski

(yes I am in a bad mood)
    Exactly, them poor helpless yankees had to wait 6 weeks for a new episode. And they make the feckin thing....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by DMT
    Exactly, them poor helpless yankees had to wait 6 weeks for a new episode. And they make the feckin thing....
    Yeah! And what about pity for the likes of myself, Dr.Evil and a few others who also had to wait such a length of time before we got to see the latest episode? Speaking of which, I'll be watching the finale this Wednesday :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Go Figure!

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski

(yes I am in a bad mood)
    Couldn't agree more. I think this is the third thread on this topic. I first said that this was going to happen a month ago on the main 24 thread and it really irritates when people keep on starting new threads saying that they were surprised it wasn't on. This is the reason why they had a double episode a couple of weeks ago because they knew this break was coming. I am a big 24 fan as well but there are far more important things in life you know such as the €250,000 euro which was raised for important charities by the programme which replaced it last week. At least those of us who wait to watch it legally have little or no breaks in the season compared to those who do not.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

well rte are still ahead of sky by 2 days with 24 , but they dropped the ball totally with scrubs, they will be a week behind sky , because there was no episode last week , and there is no episode this week , once again i wonder why i bother with rte, a waste of time, money and space .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ahead of Sky, behind Sky. does it really bother people that much?

DAMN

• Advertisement

DAMN go figure, get a bloody grip. whats ur problem?
    if u see the name of the thread and u dont like it, just stay away!!!!!!
    stop wastin my time, i said what i had to say and thats that, if u dont like it, dont read it.
    i dont go around moaning because im bored with ur thread about the East Constituency European Election Poll , i just stay out of it and mind my own business!
    if you have nothing constructive to say about the topic, then dont reply and the thread will stop a lot sooner!!!

apologies if i got carried away, but ive been up for 27 hrs and my brain is fried!!!!
    :ninja: ~ :ninja: ~ :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Go Figure!

That's OK and in fairness I wasn't the only person to disagree with you!

OK, THAT'S IT!!
    I'M A COMING OUT SWINGIN..
    Ding-Ding ..........................

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by HacksawEddie
    OK, THAT'S IT!!
    I'M A COMING OUT SWINGIN..

AH come on now, nobody wants to see that. Just put your y-fronts back on and behave.:D

Advertisement