Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pregnant???

Options
  • 02-07-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So, I had sex on day 2 of my period, which usually lasts 6 days. I think my boyfriend took his condom off but he says he didn't cum in me. It's day 15 now and I still haven't ovulated but have been getting cramps, like that of PMS and have to pee quite frequently. I think I'm just paranoid but I'm still quite scared, someone help, could I be pregnant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Chances sound slim from what you say, but yes the possibility exists. Do a test if you're concerned.

The cramps could be ovulation cramps and you're just noticing them more because you're worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Only way you'll know for sure is if you do a test or wait until your period is due and see if it arrives on time. That said, worrying about it might make it late anyway. Bodies eh!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Your best bet is to go and see your doctor .

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We tend to pay closer attention to our bodies when we are actively looking for signs of pregnancy. Normal cycle symptoms/pains /emotions are normally present every cycle, but we dont notice them because we are not looking for them. Normal pms signs and symptoms are almost identical to to early pregnancy signs. And when you are freaking out, that can delay a period too - so beware.

It seems very unlikely that you are pregnant. You had intercourse on day 2, and even if semen got in, it only lives an absolute maximum of 5 days. Furthermore, in a typical ejaculate, about 20 million get released, but only about 20 make it as far as where an egg might be.

Mittlesmertz, or ovulation pain can occur very early in your cycle, but that's the follicle growing that's causing the pain, and the egg isnt ready yet. In a typical 28 day cycle, (it was a tracked cycle for fertility purposes) I felt the pain on days 9-11. Day 12 I got an ultrasound and the egg wasn't mature enough for release. Scans and blood tests showed that I ovulated on day 14, a full 5 days after the first ovulation pain.

A First Response test is the most sensitive on the market. In another week or so, get one and test with your first urine of the morning. Next time (and there probably will be at some point -happens us all!) you have a contraception mishap, your first port of call the next day should be a pharmacist for the morning after pill. It's never been easier to access than these days.

You have a bigger problem though, and that's the fact your boyfriend took off the condom without your knowledge or consent, and continues to be evasive about it to you. That's not on. This is your sexual health and your life he had no regard for. And all for a slightly better experience for him. Any man that would do this to a partner is showing that he is not to be trusted in any area of a relationship. If I were you, I'd take this incident as a strong sign that you should consider making him an ex.

All the best.

Advertisement