Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC help

Options
  • 26-02-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm having a new door installed, I have what appears to be a shock sensor with a few lines on it that then pairs up to a magnet with a few lines that's attached to the door. Can I screw the large sensor off? Will the alarm go off even if the alarm isn't set? And if so will just my normal disarm code stop it when a sensor has been tampered with? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the tampers are connected the alarm will activate. Your normal user code will silence the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the tampers are connected the alarm will activate. Your normal user code will silence the alarm.

Thanks very much and if I were to remove the sensor for a day or two. Would joining any wires prevent it from showing an open zone!?! Or would you need a picture to tell...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    A picture would help but generally if you join the 2 cables from the tamper together and the 2 cables from the sensor and contact together the alarm should work.
    Also a good idea to get a picture of it before you start. In case you run into problems reconnecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alsguitars

Hi. I'm wondering can anyone help me here. I need to delete or disable the audio message (just white noise) that I accidentally recorded. I've no need for an audio message on my system.
    Each time I disarm my RKP I get a series of beeps which I need to get rid of and also the replaying of the message. The RKP also keeps displaying 'audio message' on the display.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

alsguitars wrote: »
    Hi. I'm wondering can anyone help me here. I need to delete or disable the audio message (just white noise) that I accidentally recorded. I've no need for an audio message on my system.
    Each time I disarm my RKP I get a series of beeps which I need to get rid of and also the replaying of the message. The RKP also keeps displaying 'audio message' on the display.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

If you play the recorded message this will stop it being indicated on the keypad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement