Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Costa Conundrum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    I *really* hope Costa plays against United.

Me too, and then gets sent off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    I *really* hope Costa plays against United.

Can't see it unfortunately, from the information out there is reputable sources like the Guardian (see below) he seems to have been treated for the groin injury, and therefore has not trained, however it doesn't indicate that there is any long term groin problem.

So given that the infamous hamstring has now had two weeks rest (and will have had three by the QPR game if he doesnt play this weekend) and assuming the groin thing clears up I'd expect him to return against QPR and score at least 5 goals to make up for lost time and blow the minds of those who sold him!! :D
    José Mourinho had been cryptic as to the nature of Costa’s absence for Saturday’s victory at Crystal Palace but did suggest the £32m signing from Atlético Madrid had yet to overcome the hamstring problem. But, while that complaint would have required a period of rest to be cured – he has missed his team’s past two games and will effectively have sat out a fortnight by the time the team visit United – the 26-year-old needed intensive treatment this week on the groin injury.

That remains the main concern and, having been unable to take part in training, there is an acceptance within the club’s medical staff that it is unlikely Costa will be able to feature at all at Old Trafford.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/23/diego-costa-chelsea-manchester-united-groin-strain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Selling for Aguero
    FHFC wrote: »
    Can't see it unfortunately, from the information out there is reputable sources like the Guardian (see below) he seems to have been treated for the groin injury, and therefore has not trained, however it doesn't indicate that there is any long term groin problem.

So given that the infamous hamstring has now had two weeks rest (and will have had three by the QPR game if he doesnt play this weekend) and assuming the groin thing clears up I'd expect him to return against QPR and score at least 5 goals to make up for lost time and blow the minds of those who sold him!! :D

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/23/diego-costa-chelsea-manchester-united-groin-strain

Damn. Well then, I shall change my plea to: "I really hope ADM is fit."

Never making my transfers on a Tuesday ever again. Really seemed to have set this gameweek up for a bit of a fall. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Selling for Aguero
    Can anybody find out what day he was in hospital and when did he leave?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Waiting till 1 pm for press conference.

Pretty certain I'm wildcarding next week so may sell him for Aguero for a week.

• Advertisement

Wombatman wrote: »
    Can anybody find out what day he was in hospital and when did he leave?

He came out on Wednesday I think, but thats only from memory of reading articles. However I think the hospitalisation for stomach cramps is a bit of a red herring. He got a bug and they kept him in hopsital, it should be long gone.

The groin seems to be the issue.
    Damn. Well then, I shall change my plea to: "I really hope ADM is fit."

Never making my transfers on a Tuesday ever again. Really seemed to have set this gameweek up for a bit of a fall. :o

Whats probably most likely is that Jose will come out in 10 minutes and change the whole picture again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

"We are trying [with Costa] we will see what between today, tomorrow and Sunday.

"I will consider nothing at this time. I will see tomorrow after the training session.

"I studied Man United the best I could but I didn't make any decision."

Half-life 3 confirmed! I mean Costa confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    " he has a chance , a little chance "
    :D probably too risky to captain him ....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

km79 wrote: »
    " he has a chance , a little chance "
    :D probably too risky to captain him ....

30 min cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    30 min cameo

he will start if he plays at all
    prob safer go aguero as tempting as a captain Costa is with so many selling

• Advertisement

"The camp is happy and we are ready to play."

Diego Costa has a 'little chance' to play against Manchester United.

Mourinho says: "The only one I can confirm has no chance is Remy.

"Diego was injured and he had to go to the hospital with a viral situation that we didn't manage to resolve without being in the hospital one night."

Diego Costa is training individually and not with the main group.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    Snap him up for 11M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Selling for Aguero
    Those Jose quotes just about make the decision to keep Costa the right one imo

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Those Jose quotes just about make the decision to keep Costa the right one imo

I think so. As I said above worst case scenario I think is he comes back after a 3 week break and destroys QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah I think I have to keep him. Have Pelle and Aguero and he's more likely to play now than we were thinking yesterday. I've used my FT already anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Going to keep him he will surely play against QPR now worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭LostArt

Selling for Aguero
    Good man Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That press conference tells me he is playing, but that could be me hearing what I want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ugh...nervous now after selling him!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

There's a bit of Schrodingers Cat about this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Selling for Aguero
    Whole thing reminds me of something out of the WWE. Expecting Costa to emerge out of the crowd on Sunday now.

Selling for Aguero
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Whole thing reminds me of something out of the WWE. Expecting Costa to emerge out of the crowd on Sunday now.

He'll be wheeled out on a hospital trolley, whip off the hospital garb and have his chelsea kit on underneath. And score a hattrick of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Selling for Aguero
    Markx wrote: »
    There's a bit of Schrodingers Cat about this....

Well, we'll find out one way or other when Mourinho opens the box/issues his line-up. :cool:

I'm gonna go with optimism. Hopefully he plays the 90 and scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Selling for Aguero
    Lucas Hood wrote: »

All we need now is an entrance like the ultimate warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the good thing for us Costa owners is, I'm pretty sure that with Remy definitely out, if there is any chance of Costa playing, he will.

Utd is a big enough game that José might risk it.

Selling for Aguero
    Be interesting to see if he maintains his 11.0 value. Every 0.1 counts in this game.

manual_man wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if he maintains his 11.0 value. Every 0.1 counts in this game.

He'll be 10.9m on Sunday morning since Chelsea don't play tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Going to keep him he will surely play against QPR now worst case scenario.

I'd be more confident that he will be rested against the worst team in the league (QPR as opposed to United :( )

Schurrely they'll have enough to beat QPR without him. Would be ideal to let him put his feet up for that one. Give him 20mins v United if he is needed.

Selling for Aguero
    He'll be 10.9m on Sunday morning since Chelsea don't play tomorrow

Not necessarily. Transfers out have slowed down since the press conference. And I can't imagine huge amounts transferring him out tomorrow, with QPR on the horizon. Similarly if Pelle were not to get his 2nd RISE (since yesterday), that could really burn those who did the Costa-> Pelle change in anticipation of a 0.2 swing both ways. All conjecture, but those 0.2 price swings are looking a lot less certain than before.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Transfers out have slowed down since the press conference. And I can't imagine huge amounts transferring him out tomorrow, with QPR on the horizon. Similarly if Pelle were not to get his 2nd RISE (since yesterday), that could really burn those who did the Costa-> Pelle change in anticipation of a 0.2 swing both ways. All conjecture, but those 0.2 price swings are looking a lot less certain than before.

Yeah, but he still has 60k out today alone and those will roll over once the new GW starts. I don't plan to get Costa back before the next international break (although a hat trick on Sunday with QPR looming would cause a rethink :pac:)
    FFF seems to think he'll drop tonight, but their algorithm must not be taking into consideration it would be his 3rd drop this GW

Advertisement