Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Costa Conundrum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Looks like Pelle up, Costa down tonight

Right so, I'll do that right now:) Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He seemed pretty knackered last night and was taken off after 75'. I still think he's quite good value at 7.3m, but I don't see him being as explosive as most people hope.

I would say there are very few people that expect Welbeck to score big. It's hope more than anything. A little bit of potential thrown together with a starting spot in a top four team that create chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    Only way Costa is going out of my team is if he's ruled out for 3 weeks or more, or if another premium striker starts firing

Costa out for Pelle done. Feels good :)

Amazing what a few days of this game can do to a man's mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

lol, reminds me of this

To Paraphrase the Simpsons

Ziegler : What's done is done I've bought Costa and I'm not gonna try and weasel out of it.
    Homer : Ah Ziegler, Weaseling out of things is important. It's what separates us from the animals..... Except the weasel!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    You know what? I am starting to think he will be just fine.

Released from hospital is a good sign, isn't it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.

:pac: Probably why I'm single....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Selling for Aguero
    I'm starting to feel a bit angsty about ADM and Costa. They're both marked injured and I've made all my transfers. I'd really rather not have two subs come in. One would be grand but two would hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭G1032

From The Guardian

" unlikely Costa will be able to start the game at Old Trafford."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    G1032 wrote: »
    From The Guardian

" unlikely Costa will be able to start the game at Old Trafford."

That article was already posted earlier.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    That article was already posted earlier.

Sound. No harm done.

Selling for Aguero
    I'm starting to regret doing my transfers so early. Lesson learned. And I'd been doing so well at not doing anything silly this season. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Selling for Pelle
    I'm starting to feel a bit angsty about ADM and Costa. They're both marked injured and I've made all my transfers. I'd really rather not have two subs come in. One would be grand but two would hurt.

I have ADM, Costa and Azpi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news
    Decision made ........... selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Selling for Aguero
    It is interesting that nobody, including Jose, has said categorically, that Costa will miss the United game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Sold. No place for loyalty in this game. Lesson learned from previous seasons.

I had a look again at the FFS Hall of Fame top ten to see if any transfers were made since Tuesday

3 players made transfers since Tuesday. Two of them made 2 transfers and 1 made 1 transfer.

Educated guessing leads me to believe that just 3 of them have sold Costa.
    I'm also guessing that the Baines ownership amongst those 10 players has now risen to 6.

I'm glad now that I didn't cave and sell Costa. If he doesn't feature this weekend then so be it but I won't be wasting either trasnfers or money trying to get him back in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

So far...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I had a look again at the FFS Hall of Fame top ten to see if any transfers were made since Tuesday

3 players made transfers since Tuesday. Two of them made 2 transfers and 1 made 1 transfer.

I'm also guessing that the Baines ownership amongst those 10 players has now risen to 6.

I'm glad now that I didn't cave and sell Costa. If he doesn't feature this weekend then so be it but I won't be wasting either trasnfers or money trying to get him back in next week.

Happy to wait through the weekend. Don't expect him to feature against United but Super George Boyd had a great game for Burnley last week, hitting the bar as well as scoring and is against an Everton defence that give up a lot of chances. He'll do for me.

So far...;)

Ya, but I'd think he'd have been sold last night before the second drop or not at all......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ya, but I'd think he'd have been sold last night before the second drop or not at all......

Well, you'd think so, but that price drop might not have affected everyone depending on what price they got him in at. Last nights drop wouldn't have affected my selling price.

Edit, of course Pelle was rising so if that's the move they were making it would have made a lot of sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

maximo31 wrote: »
    Sold. No place for loyalty in this game. Lesson learned from previous seasons.

What about from previous GWs this season? This has the familiarity of the build-up to the Everton game (thankfully I didn't sell then, either!).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    What about from previous GWs this season? This has the familiarity of the build-up to the Everton game (thankfully I didn't sell then, either!).

My conundrum is whether I'm gonna captain him or not.......him or aguero.....play it safe or go for gold :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Press conference today will be interesting. I wonder will Jose even confirm what Costa's status actually is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My selling of Costa will only be deemed successful should Pelle have another great weekend. Or if he's ruled out for the QPR game as well as the Utd one.... provided he is ruled out of the Utd game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭LostArt

Selling for Aguero
    Press conference today will be interesting. I wonder will Jose even confirm what Costa's status actually is?

even if he says he's out I won't really believe him!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Selling for Aguero
    My selling of Costa will only be deemed successful should Pelle have another great weekend. Or if he's ruled out for the QPR game as well as the Utd one.... provided he is ruled out of the Utd game!

I also have Pelle but I cannot see him scoring double figures against Stoke. 6-9 points is my guess....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jose takes centre stage at 1pm.

Should be able to follow it here http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-manchester-united-v-chelsea-7992256

Selling for Aguero
    I *really* hope Costa plays against United.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Selling for Aguero
    Keeping, still think there's a small chance he'll play. If not, I don't want to take the price hit.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement