Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The FSA Draft -Chat and Banter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

C'mon lads. Lets make an effort to get through this as quickly as possible today. We all know the order, some people may be in bed or have more pressing concerns but we can't be carrying this on for three or four days.:)

Well I think that's why 4 players was the initial option. Trying to organise 20 people to make 6 decisions in a certain order is going to take time and there's nothing we can do about it really, just have patience. The keepers certainly look like they'll be done within 24 hours and that leaves 5 more to go and a deadline of next Friday.

Will be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Well I think that's why 4 players was the initial option. Trying to organise 20 people to make 6 decisions in a certain order is going to take time and there's nothing we can do about it really, just have patience. The keepers certainly look like they'll be done within 24 hours and that leaves 5 more to go and a deadline of next Friday.

Will be grand :)
    Not buying the patience thing, when people enter something like this, they should keep tabs on it. Know when they're likely to be required etc.

CSF wrote: »
    Not buying the patience thing, when people enter something like this, they should keep tabs on it. Know when they're likely to be required etc.

Ah yeah I know, jeez don't I know too well with the amount of time I'm in here :pac: :o But shenanigans happen, internet crashes, unexpected events, work etc. All I'm saying is that we seem to actually be regulars of the forum and can be cut some slack. This didn't even exist 24 hours ago so we're doing quite well I think

Ah yeah I know, jeez don't I know too well with the amount of time I'm in here :pac: :o But shenanigans happen, internet crashes, unexpected events, work etc. All I'm saying is that we seem to actually be regulars of the forum and can be cut some slack. This didn't even exist 24 hours ago so we're doing quite well I think
    Maybe I'm just a moany ****e, still finding the speed incredibly frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Maybe I'm just a moany ****e, still finding the speed incredibly frustrating though.

You're just jumpy cos you can't wait for your turn!

• Advertisement

Yeah, assuming we get the GKs done today, that means we have 9 days, or 216 hours to make 100 selections (20 players x 5 picks). That's an average 2.16 hours per picks. So it really does need to pick up a little pick up a little bit from it's current pace.

I'm sure things will be quicker over the weekend with people not working and so on, but there won't be many picks overnight so that alone will drag the average right down.

You're just jumpy cos you can't wait for your turn!

Exactly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You're up after MM as well, pressure will be on to respond in finnharpsboy time.
    Considering the old "when is FPL open for business?" posts usually start before May is out each year I think we've shown remarkable restraint so far;)

Yeah, assuming we get the GKs done today, that means we have 9 days, or 216 hours to make 100 selections (20 players x 5 picks). That's an average 2.16 hours per picks. So it really does need to pick up a little pick up a little bit from it's current pace.

I'm sure things will be quicker over the weekend with people not working and so on, but there won't be many picks overnight so that alone will drag the average right down.

And that's such a long time to have to concentrate on this. I mean if people really got going the way you'd expect from a draft it'd be done in a day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It could speed things up (but also make things a little less exciting and a little more work) if we were to send someone (thanks for offering Mr. P :)) a list of our potential picks as our turn is approaching.

So CSF could send his top two GK'er picks, and also his top 4 Def picks in order.
    The guy below his 3 keeper choices and 3 defenders in order.
    As long as you add an extra pick onto your position there'll be no hold up.
    You could do it all the way up to whoever was first to pick GK and get them to list out there 21 top defenders :) ok, that's a bit unrealistic but we could be working 4-5 picks ahead to speed things up.

• Advertisement

You're up after MM as well, pressure will be on to respond in finnharpsboy time.
    Considering the old "when is FPL open for business?" posts usually start before May is out each year I think we've shown remarkable restraint so far;)

Well as you can see I'm lurking in the background waiting for my time!!'

Has someone pmed manual man actually?

PARlance wrote: »
    It could speed things up (but also make things a little less exciting and a little more work) if we were to send someone (thanks for offering Mr. P :)) a list of our potential picks as our turn is approaching.

So CSF could send his top two GK'er picks, and also his top 4 Def picks in order.
    The guy below his 3 keeper choices and 3 defenders in order.
    You could do it all the way up to whoever was first to pick GK and get them to list out there 21 top defenders :) ok, that's a bit unrealistic but we could be working 4-5 picks ahead to speed things up.

CSF will be ready when his time comes ;-)

The only question is whether his choice of goalkeeper will be ready for him!!!

Done! Pm sent to Manual Man

Has someone pmed manual man actually?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man taking the mickey! He's probably online watching the pandemonium unfold in the thread with players losing the rag waiting to make their selections! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Not sure what is going on with Manual man, but we will give him until 2pm today. If no pick by 2pm lets move on. He can then pick his goalie at his leisure. 5 hours during daytime of a weekday should be enough and if he is having a crisis he would not want us all waiting.

Moving forward, 'Daytime' is defined as from 9am to 9pm. If next in line to pick does not pick within 3 hours 'daytime' then we move on.

Hope that seems fair.

Not sure what is going on with Manual man, but we will give him until 2pm today. If no pick by 2pm lets move on. He can then pick his goalie at his leisure. 5 hours during daytime of a weekday should be enough and if he is having a crisis he would not want us all waiting.

Moving forward, 'Daytime' is defined as from 9am to 9pm. If next in line to pick does not pick within 3 hours 'daytime' then we move on.

Hope that seems fair.
    Cool I acted based on that.

Cool I acted based on that.

Did you PM Shano88?

Did you PM Shano88?
    Yup sorry should have said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

shano88 has 50 minutes to get in there. If he doesnt then Bezuaua go ahead and pick your goalkeeper AND your first defender.
    CSF then goahead and pick your defender etc etc.

Once we get to the top of the list then I will run the randomiser and publish the new order for picking Midfielder 1 and Forward.
    Or perhaps I will ask a trusty Finn harps fan to do this for us...if I can find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sorry about the delay. Was busy today and was barely online.

• Advertisement

Darn. Ivanovic is gone, was hoping he'd still be knocking around for pick number 17 :pac:

It's moving along nicely for the last few minutes. Coleman picked before Baines or Kaboul is the first big surprise,

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Darn. Ivanovic is gone, was hoping he'd still be knocking around for pick number 17 :pac:

I was doubtful between him and Mariappa... coin toss solved the case :D

Probably should have asked this earlier, but what are we doing after the draft is complete?

It's moving along nicely for the last few minutes. Coleman picked before Baines or Kaboul is the first big surprise,

Kaboul eh? Just a shame you're after me :pac:

shano_88 wrote: »
    Probably should have asked this earlier, but what are we doing after the draft is complete?

We'll just wait until some other boardsie comes to us with a hairbrained scheme or league to further alienate us from normal society.:pac:

shano_88 wrote: »

Step 1: Pick draft players
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Profit

Kaboul eh? Just a shame you're after me :pac:

Kabo will certainly be gone by then obviously but I'm hopeful on Verthongen.

Like in other drafts Ive seen you line out your team and say why your team is the greatest and better than everyone elses!

I guess It would be hard to do in this one give we wont have full teams!

• Advertisement

Kabo will certainly be gone by then obviously but I'm hopeful on Verthongen.

I know your game, Michael Dawson's gametime now looks pretty assured ;)

Heh I'm not even sorry :D

Advertisement