Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Think if you want to buy from Ireland and get a warranty the best place is probably satworld.ie. If you don't mind secondhand adverts.ie is a good place to buy. I got a Golden Media Triplex (which is an amiko alien 2 with a different front cover)for €100 a couple of months back.

Adverts.ie have banned the sale of this particular box.

head over to bargain alerts as there was a thread about a guy in kimmage selling on ebay at a very good price.cheapest ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Agueroooo wrote: »

head over to bargain alerts as there was a thread about a guy in kimmage selling on ebay at a very good price.cheapest ive seen.

Why has it been banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Are you sure? there's one for sale at the moment.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_amiko+alien+2/

Are you sure? there's one for sale at the moment.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_amiko+alien+2/

I had mine taken down and so had swords sat.

explanation was giving that no longer able to advert such stb

I had mine taken down and so had swords sat.

explanation was giving that no longer able to advert such stb

Oh! ebay it is so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

Now that rte have started up mux 2 can anyone confirm if the amiko supports usb dvbt tuners?

Apogee wrote: »
    Now that rte have started up mux 2 can anyone confirm if the amiko supports usb dvbt tuners?

I dont know about the usb tuner but most here have retuned to the new mux2 channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Apogee

I dont know about the usb tuner but most here have retuned to the new mux2 channels.

Yes, but the option of an additional DVB-T tuner gives you the ability to record RTÉ2HD for example while watching RTÉ1 on mux 2

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I had to jump through so many hoops to get TSMedia v4.2 installed.. Now all I get is playlist recognised, please wait.. then black screen and nothing. Other times I get the little six flashing boxes in top left of screen that never go away until I reboot. Other times I'll just get a plain old green screen of death. I tried all the options in there... iptv, 1channel and icefilms. Get lots of 'GStreamer plugin text/html decoder not available' errors too. Only thing that sort of worked was streaming music.. lasted a few minutes.

My net connection isn't great but fast enough to stream youtube videos fine and my Alien 2 is connected to the router by network cable.

Anyone using this plugin... is it working for you lately? Did you have to install any extra plugins to get it going?

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Apogee wrote: »
    Yes, but the option of an additional DVB-T tuner gives you the ability to record RTÉ2HD for example while watching RTÉ1 on mux 2

I find recording of 2 channels simultaneously is too much for the receiver ,the picture can start to pixellate and glitch even when using a fast hard drive.
    Lord knows what adding a fourth tuner would do.

• Advertisement

I had to jump through so many hoops to get TSMedia v4.2 installed.. Now all I get is playlist recognised, please wait.. then black screen and nothing. Other times I get the little six flashing boxes in top left of screen that never go away until I reboot. Other times I'll just get a plain old green screen of death. I tried all the options in there... iptv, 1channel and icefilms. Get lots of 'GStreamer plugin text/html decoder not available' errors too. Only thing that sort of worked was streaming music.. lasted a few minutes.

My net connection isn't great but fast enough to stream youtube videos fine and my Alien 2 is connected to the router by network cable.

Anyone using this plugin... is it working for you lately? Did you have to install any extra plugins to get it going?

Flex

I've been using tsmedia a bit over the past few months. I have championc's previous hyperion image loaded not his latest. It says its version 2.8 tsmedia. Didn't have to do anything extra on that image to get ts running.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭championc

I think that WebInterface and OpenWebIf have a part to play in several other plugins. Therefore, it might be worth trying those from my Hyperion2 image and see how TSMedia works then.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Has anyone got Openwebif streams going on a laptop on home network but can't get it going on nexus 7 android tablet. I've tried a few different video players but it doesn't work.

Has anyone got this going on an android tablet?

TIA

Here's a backup of my Hyperion V3 image if anyones looking to update but doesn't want to start from scratch. Its got pretty much everything in it apart from a couple of the saorview picons. For whatever reason some would upload but a couple wouldn't. I'll try fix that later.

Limited testing but all plugins seem to work fine with the exception of TSMedia which has problems at the moment. hopefully it will be fixed with the next plugin update.

Link: https://db.tt/v5CnrpKf

Plugins included:
    1channel
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets e2
    Cache Flush
    CrossEPG
    CoolTVGuide
    OpenWebIf (Streaming of one channel while watching another)
    OSCam
    PermanentTimeShift
    RTÉ Player
    SambaServer
    TSMedia Hopefully fixed in v4.3
    Rat's Picons
    IPTV Updater v1.1
    VirtualZap
    WebMedia

FTP Login username root, password pkteam
    Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

Here's a backup of my Hyperion V3 image if anyones looking to update but doesn't want to start from scratch. Its got pretty much everything in it apart from a couple of the saorview picons. For whatever reason some would upload but a couple wouldn't. I'll try fix that later. Limited testing but all plugins seem to work fine.

Link: https://db.tt/v5CnrpKf

Plugins included:
    1channel
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets e2
    Cache Flush
    CrossEPG
    CoolTVGuide
    OpenWebIf (Streaming of one channel while watching another)
    OSCam
    PermanentTimeShift
    RTÉ Player
    SambaServer
    TSMedia
    Rat's Picons
    IPTV Updater v1.1
    VirtualZap
    WebMedia

FTP Login username root, password pkteam
    Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

You got tsmedia up and running?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    You got tsmedia up and running?

I went and tried 1channel and IPTV and I see what you mean. I'm getting the same errors. As I said above I only done limited testing as it only out since yesterday. When I installed 4.2 I opened it and watched a YouTube video so I assumed it was working fine as I never had these problems before.

Edit: Apparently the Gstreamer plugin not available error and the green screens when trying to watch things are caused by there being no video behind it(the link has changed/died).So its not really a problem with Tsmedia a such and more to do with the sources.

This seems to be correct as when I reinstalled 2.8 the same videos wouldn't play. The only difference is in 2.8 it displays a message says could not find video and doesn't green screen. Hopefully this will be rectified with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

championc wrote: »
    I think that WebInterface and OpenWebIf have a part to play in several other plugins. Therefore, it might be worth trying those from my Hyperion2 image and see how TSMedia works then.

What d'you mean, try them from your image? Yes there seems to be a link between OpenWebIf and TSMedia. After I installed it from the PKT plugin menu and it gave me version 2.9 I updated to v4.2 from within TSMedia itself except it seems that as part of the update it uninstalled files needed by OpenWebIf and I was getting errors when going to the PKT Plugin menu.
    "Some Plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OpenWebif(/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Openssl/rand.so 
    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I found others have had that problem too and I had to load a backup image and copy out the OpenSSL folder from it which had been over-written.
    Apparently the Gstreamer plugin not available error and the green screens when trying to watch things are caused by there being no video behind it...So its not really a problem with Tsmedia a such and more to do with the sources... Hopefully this will be rectified with an update.

If the problem is not with TSMedia then surely no update will fix the problem? Also TheTechGuy... do you have 1channel as a separate plugin to TSMedia? If so, where did you get it and is it working well when you run it like that on its own? Cheers.

Flex

Just turned on my box and no channels working. Most channels greyed out in bouquet.

WTF is going on ?

Just turned on my box and no channels working. Most channels greyed out in bouquet.

WTF is going on ?

Which channels terrestrial or satellite? Did you try reloading auto bouqet? Any chance you were playing about with dreambox edit before your last shutdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭championc

My image did NOT use the version of OpenWebIf that was distributed with Hyperion v2. So that's why I'm suggesting that you look to try the version against v3

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Which channels terrestrial or satellite? Did you try reloading auto bouqet? Any chance you were playing about with dreambox edit before your last shutdown?

Done|changed nothing ??

If the problem is not with TSMedia then surely no update will fix the problem? Also TheTechGuy... do you have 1channel as a separate plugin to TSMedia? If so, where did you get it and is it working well when you run it like that on its own? Cheers.

Flex
    I meant that if they update the plugin it would just tell us link not found as opposed to green screening all the time. The 1channel plugin is separate yeah and worked fine for two videos I played on it last night. I got it from Champions h2 image. Just copied it over.

WTF is going on ?

Just check that the in the tuners menu that I have all three on. I thought I switched on the 3 before backing up. A should be Dvb-t, b should be astra28.2 and c should be either equal to b or astra28.2 aswell. Did you get it sorted?

Just check that the in the tuners menu that I have all three on. I thought I switched on the 3 before backing up. A should be Dvb-t, b should be astra28.2 and c should be either equal to b or astra28.2 aswell. Did you get it sorted?

OK I am back but it has taken a reflash of champions image to get up and running but now have another weird problem.

the box wont go into stand by??

Whenever I hit standby I get a green screen and enigma restarts

heres the error on screen..
    278888.jpg

It says something about Permament timshift but I have than plugin switched off??

All suggested fixes welcome.

OK I am back but it has taken a reflash of champions image to get up and running but now have another weird problem.

the box wont go into stand by??

Whenever I hit standby I get a green screen and enigma restarts

heres the error on screen..
    278888.jpg

It says something about Permament timshift but I have than plugin switched off??

All suggested fixes welcome.

Try removing the plugin all together. You can always install it again if you want. I had the same problem a while back and I ftp'd in to the box, moved the PermanentTimeShift folder to my desktop, done a reboot, moved the folder back and it worked perfectly again afterwards. What could you not get working in V3 that made you switch back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Giving TheTechGuy's image a go. Gets as far as almost launching RTÉ1 then green screen. Deleting the openWebif folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions seems to sort this.

Giving TheTechGuy's image a go. Gets as far as almost launching RTÉ1 then green screen. Deleting the openWebif folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions seems to sort this.

Never had that problem with this imagd, have you tried adding the folder again? Timeshift was giving me green screens before and I ftp'd the folder off and then back on and it seemed to fix the problem that time, maybe it's the same here?

Also may or may not be related but there is an update available via the blue panel to fix some sort of reboot problem, couldn't do any harm to keep up to date anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Further update:-
    Later found autotimer was causing green screens too. I tried installing from ipk but got error messages about missing dependencies (mphelp and toolkit)
    Long story short eventually copied the autotimer, openwebif and multiquickbutton folders from Championc's version. So far all good;)
    Initial impression of image is that it seems faster to respond to commands, especially using HDD, fast-forward etc.

Try removing the plugin all together. You can always install it again if you want. I had the same problem a while back and I ftp'd in to the box, moved the PermanentTimeShift folder to my desktop, done a reboot, moved the folder back and it worked perfectly again afterwards. What could you not get working in V3 that made you switch back?

didn't work :o

removed Permanent timeshift but green screen still occurs when i try a put the box into standby, only this time instead of it being a 'permanent timeshift' error it now says 'enigma2 error'

I have reflashed the box twice and slowly rebuilt it - testing the standby at each stage it works fine then all a sudden green screen when i try and standby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Sorry going a small bit off topic, Just woundering if there is plugin or browser capability for Eurosport player to work

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement