Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Society interested in a ryder cup format?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Throw me down, any Saturday bar next Saturday. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sheehanshiners

count me in for the 16th or 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

PMed Keano a while back to get put on reserve list
    So not sure where that puts me on the list (I'll let the lads worry about that) but said I'd post on here to keep everything transparent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Ok folks we have plenty of numbers. Now what I need is volunteers from those who are intending on playing to play the Heritage some time in June?

Hi Keano, I'm up for a trip to the Heritage ! When are you thinking of ? Or am I too late ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

throw me in the mix !! i know its late but if there is drop outs etc I wouldn't mind going to battle ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

We've actually invited some of them to play at our next outing. While we said 12 at first we may increase that number as it seems a lot of people want to play now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Any update on this guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭CONSI

My society play a Ryder cup style competition every year against a society in Scotland. Two days, fourballs day 1 and singles day 2. Heading to St. Andrews in just over a week for this years competition which is hosted by our scottish colleagues. Great fun and really competitive once the first tee shot is hit, so if you get this up and runnign keep it going, we are into our 6th year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Stick me in for reserve or possibly one of the extra's. If possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Including Kiers, we have 20 names down for this now so we should definitely have the 12 needed for the day!!

Bring it on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Im short on the details but the powers that be tell me things are moving along well and dates are set! Looking forward to it guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Hi lads, stick my name down as 38th sub

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

technodub wrote: »
    Im short on the details but the powers that be tell me things are moving along well and dates are set! Looking forward to it guys! :D

Hope the powers that be don't put me out against you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Hi lads, stick my name down as 38th sub

Haha Ben, you will be auditioning this weekend to get on the reserve list:p

Might have to run down a couple of lads at the weekend with a buggy.

ballyk wrote: »
    Hope the powers that be don't put me out against you!

Haha you caught me on a very good day @ the pga my friend the golf has been poor ever since ! Fingers crossed i can get my game back in shape before the big day! How you been playing? The outings been going well?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

technodub wrote: »
    Haha you caught me on a very good day @ the pga my friend the golf has been poor ever since ! Fingers crossed i can get my game back in shape before the big day! How you been playing? The outings been going well?

You hit more super shots that day than the rest of us manage in a month! Been playing solid but not spectacular golf since. Reasonably consistent though which is always nice.

We haven't had too many outings since. We had one in Athlone which was enjoyable. Captains Prize is on Saturday and the weather is forecast to be good so happy days!

Well best of luck on sat and il see ya in october :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Will have to take my name off the reserve's list. Made other plans that weekend as i wasn't sure i would get in and something else came up.

Good Luck with it.

Next year maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

Is this definitely going ahead?

What date, course and time are playing at

I'm working the weekend of the 14th unfortunately so if it is that weekend I'm out unfortunately but if it happens any other weekend I can be put on the reserve list.

Denisoc16 will know me as I played against him in the Boards Matchplay in Castlemartyr 3 or 4 years ago under a different username "Mrcheckraise." Currently off a 10 handicap and still seething from a blow up in that matchplay :rolleyes:

Don't worry anyway - plenty of Matchplay experience since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I'm gonna have to withdraw my name as well lads, something came up I just can't get out of-full wedding where I was only hoping for afters!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Any update?

dines08 wrote: »
    Any update?

trying to tie it down this minute. Will be sending out a pm in the morning as we need to get the deposit off to Mount Wolseley ASAP.

Not long to go now lads really looking forward to this allthough after a week in ibiza im not sure if i remember how to swing the club ;)

Lads, we've had one or two pull out unfortunately, anyone else interested in playing in this? Saturday week Mount Wolseley.

What time is it on at CharlieIRL? What wedding is actual on the 12th?

Am just waiting to find out now Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Lads, we've had one or two pull out unfortunately, anyone else interested in playing in this? Saturday week Mount Wolseley.

Pop me down if you need a player charlie.

cheers dude

• Advertisement

To be confirmed - but we are looking at around the 10am mark, maybe a little later.

Advertisement