Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Were The Days-TV3 9PM

• 03-04-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

TV3's version of Reeling In The Years begins tonight, beginning with the year 1980. RTE's Reeling In The Years is probably one of the best shows they've made, so will be interesting to see TV3's attempt at such a show. The hour long show begins at 9.
    Those Were the Days is a brand new Tv3 series that will be taking a nostalgic look back at the 80s and the 90s. Using a mix of archive footage and new interviews we will be reminiscing about the music, people and events that have helped to shape who we are today. U2's first appearance on the Late Late Show, the death of John Lennon, Ronald Reagan's visit to Ireland, the Rubik's Cube, Band Aid, the introduction of the Dart, Usa 94, Riverdance and The Spice Girls phenomenon are just some of the items that will feature in the series. In the first episode, 1980 was the year that brought us the Rubik's Cube, Johnny Logan's first Eurovision win, U2's first appearance on the Late Late Show and death of John Lennon. Songs of the year included I'm in the Mood for Dancing, Ashes to Ashes and The Tide is High.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Blisterman

"A mix of archive footage and new interviews"

Sounds like it's gonna be one of those shows where completely unrelated D list talking heads talk shyte.

The best thing about Reeling in the Years was the fact that they let the footage speak for itself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Is it a repeat? Some talking head mention Dustin the Turkey being our Eurovision hope now.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blisterman wrote: »
    "A mix of archive footage and new interviews"

Sounds like it's gonna be one of those shows where completely unrelated D list talking heads talk shyte.

I think Fiona Looney is on the show.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Poorly done I thought. I tuned in for half an hour - and they'd discuss a topic for about 10 minutes before moving onto a another topic for 10 minutes more. It's just too slow-paced,especially compared to Reeling In The Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

They should have done it like "Reeling in the Years" but set in the 19th century ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement