Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seth Mcfarlane and his animation

Options
  • 02-04-2011 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

okay I'm trying to create a poll here but if it doesn't work then eh?
    He has been very successful in adult humour through making cartoons such as American dad, Family guy and the cleveland show.
    My personal favourite is American dad what's yours?
    American dad
    Cleveland show
    Family guy

Best Seth Mcfarlane animation 57 votes

American dad
    0% 0 votes
    Family guy
    47% 27 votes
    The cleveland show
    52% 30 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Family Guy and American Dad have their moments but I consider both to be vastly inferior to South Park and classic-era Simpsons. His cartoons lack heart which is something comedy needs. Even South Park has heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I have never watched any of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he makes braindead idiot teenager humour, not adult humour

not adult in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Used to love Family Guy, but leaning more towards American Dad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jacksprat

family is highly larious when your in the mood for it! sometimes it can be a bit of an overload of jokes though imo..

absolutely nothing compares to classic-era simpsons. FACTOMUNDO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Good thread OP. American Dad is definitely the best followed closely by Cleveland. FG was very good but has gone downhill in recent seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭purity

Good thread OP. American Dad is definitely the best followed closely by Cleveland. FG was very good but has gone downhill in recent seasons.

I agree have gone off family guy, cleveland takes a bit of viewing to get used to. I love American dad because the range of characters are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

He doesn't make 'adult humor', he just ridicules everyone who isn't a straight white man. Its teenage drivel. At least South Park has some pretty good social commentary and attacks everyone more or less equally. The only one I like is The Cleaveland Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Aarnikotka

he makes braindead idiot teenager humour, not adult humour

not adult in the slightest

I fail to see how the likes of 'Lincoln Lover' (American Dad) lacks in adult humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

The reason why I'm gone off FG is due to the childishness of it in later seasons. American Dad and Cleveland have a more 'grown up' approach, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Family Guy is the only one I've ever liked and it's been crap now for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Family Guy up until season 3, after that, it became the same tired crap over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

He doesn't make 'adult humor', he just ridicules everyone who isn't a straight white man. Its teenage drivel. At least South Park has some pretty good social commentary and attacks everyone more or less equally. The only one I like is The Cleaveland Show.

Quagmire is a straight white man, he gets made fun of. So is Peter. Do you even watch his shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

While it has its moments I find Family Guy to be awfully overrated... American Dad would be my preffered McFarlane show, the plots seem to better stringed together while they're almost non-existant at times in Family Guy. Up to individual taste I guess, South Park and The Simpsons beat both shows any day in my opinion (yes even the more recent Simpsons). Couldn't care less for The Cleveland Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cleveland for me has been the the better of the 3 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

American Dad is great and anybody calling it stupid and childish has clearly never seen it and is assuming it's exactly like Family Guy. Watch the Rapture episode.

Family Guy and The Cleveland show are garbage. I liked the first couple of seasons of Family Guy though.

South Park is complete rubbish now though, Cartman is overused and the kids being the liberal voices of reason/parodying whatever is on TV that week is played out and not remotely clever. Remember when the kids actually acted like kids? that's classic South Park, the new stuff is almost as bad as new Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They're all much of a muchness. I like them but wouldn't be about about any of them. Didn't like the Cleveland show at first but it's growing on me.

Advertisement